Scan for pool towels

1 minute ago, little britain said:

Have not seen this before. Wasn’t on Wonder 2 weeks ago!

image.jpg

Haven't seen it before either. You'll need to try it and let us know if it actually works and they do deliver. 

• Haha 1

Seems like useless work for the crew.  

I get two towels on the first day, and I never turn them in -- until the end of the cruise, obviously.  I just "exchange" for fresh towels and take them back to my room.  This means I always have fresh towels first thing in the morning or late at night.  

Fewer times in and out of the system = fewer opportunities for mistakes.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. Every morning when I get up there are hundreds of towels laying on chairs ready for me to take. 🙂

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. Every morning when I get up there are hundreds of towels laying on chairs ready for me to take. 🙂

I'm with you. I never check out a towel.  If I spot a chair hog nest on the way to breakfast and if it's still there an hour later, it's mine.  Sometimes the free towels even come with complimentary reading materials.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm with you. I never check out a towel.  If I spot a chair hog nest on the way to breakfast and if it's still there an hour later, it's mine.  Sometimes the free towels even come with complimentary reading materials.😁

And sometimes nice towel clips. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

The exact reason I don't understand when people say they need to bring flip flops on their cruises.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

And hopefully, the chair hog gets charged for the towel.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, little britain said:

Have not seen this before. Wasn’t on Wonder 2 weeks ago!

image.jpg

It's a nice service, but a pointless one. You're simply having to carry towels for a longer distance. And there's always a checkout station by the gangway.

Oh, and for those celebrating free towels and towel clips. As much as I'm on your side when it comes to chair hogging, I do have to point out the hundreds of small cameras all over the ship. That's before we discuss contagious skin conditions... 

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

No, no, when you see novels laying about, you're supposed to pull out the last half dozen pages!  

7 hours ago, soremekun said:

Can you please keep a towel to let us know if they charge an automatic gratuity?

Can't charge you for something you never checked out!  

6 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

The exact reason I don't understand when people say they need to bring flip flops on their cruises.

And I wear a 7 -- the most common ladies' size!  

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

And hopefully, the chair hog gets charged for the towel.

No sympathy from me. 

• Like 1

We tried this on Harmony and only got half the towels we ordered for one of our excursions. We ended up going up to the pool deck anyway to get the towels we needed. Good thing we did because there were no towels available at the gangway available for check out. 

We did order our towels using ship’s WiFi, made sure all of our towels were scanned back in, so no charges for pool towels to our account.