I won my RoyalUp bid! Balcony to Grand Suite!

ckrobyn

Low key freaking out!

I sail in 9 days, on the Explorer. Just found out today I won my bid!

my bid was $30 over the minimum.

I was in an ocean view balcony and now I’m in a Grand Suite 🎉

I did not bid on a Junior Suite.

Miracles DO happen!

• Like 39

13 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Low key freaking out!

I sail in 9 days, on the Explorer. Just found out today I won my bid!

my bid was $30 over the minimum.

I was in an ocean view balcony and now I’m in a Grand Suite 🎉

I did not bid on a Junior Suite.

Miracles DO happen!

Congrats.  But how much is the price you "won" for the GS vs the original balcony cabin?  I imagine quite a bit more.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tin can said:

That really is fantastic, congratulations. I have tried minimum bids, maximum bids and everything in between and no luck yet.

Us too.  We won our first bid a year ago on Symphony and ended up in a better category, but was too far from elevators so I wasn't too thrilled all in all.  You can't pick your location with the bid!   I bid about $10 more than the minimum that time.  Didn't win in September, but the ship was Grandeur and it ended up fully booked. I have deduced from this that the bigger the ship and the more cabins in the category you want, the better your odds.  I'm hoping that is the case on ICON.  Surely there will be an opportunity with so many cabins.  And I know from experience that Royal Up is a much cheaper way to get that suite, etc.  than just booking it yourself.  I think we saved several hundred dollars with our first bid.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

You can't pick your location with the bid! 

As long as there are still cabins available in that category, a quick call to the C&A desk can get your cabin switched. We have done this twice - once on a CLS where the one we were assigned was dead center in the back of the ship, and they moved us to the one all the way forward on the starboard side, an the other one in a GS where we moved  to a different (lower) deck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

As long as there are still cabins available in that category, a quick call to the C&A desk can get your cabin switched. We have done this twice - once on a CLS where the one we were assigned was dead center in the back of the ship, and they moved us to the one all the way forward on the starboard side, an the other one in a GS where we moved  to a different (lower) deck.

We did question the location when we went to the cabin, guest services would not move us. A little late if ship is pretty much fully booked.  Of course it never hurts to ask, I am a firm believer in that! We have been moved after boarding a couple of times but not with a Royal Up bid.  This is from the terms and conditions for Royal Up:

No, your cabin location and attributes will depend on availability. RCI cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category.
Edited by BecciBoo

32 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

your cabin location and attributes will depend on availability. RCI cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category.

The key to our outcome is that we received the upgrade and asked C&A to make the move 2-3 days before the cruise sailed, when we could still see what else was available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

A little late if ship is pretty much fully booked. 

That might be the case at sailaway, but if the Royal Up win (or GTY assignment) comes a couple weeks (or more) out, you might have a chance to move. 

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:10 AM, TeeRick said:

Congrats.  But how much is the price you "won" for the GS vs the original balcony cabin?  I imagine quite a bit more.  

I paid $900 cdn for a Superior Ocean View Balcony (and that is sailing SOLO!)  The GS when I looked at what it costs to book outright was about $2400/PP.   Yay me! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

The key to our outcome is that we received the upgrade and asked C&A to make the move 2-3 days before the cruise sailed, when we could still see what else was available. 

OK I will try it if we win the bid early.

Edited by BecciBoo

17 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That might be the case at sailaway, but if the Royal Up win (or GTY assignment) comes a couple weeks (or more) out, you might have a chance to move. 

We didn't find out that we were denied until after sailaway and multiple visits to the Ambassador..boohoo.