Royal drops testing

3 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

Got the email this morning.

rccl_no_testing.png

Bermuda is still requiring a $40 travel authorization (health visa) but has dropped the testing requirement. Bermuda is still requiring submission of vaccination proof or medical travel insurance proof.

Many posters have suggested that it will stop requiring the visa before the next spring sailing season.

My best speculation is that it MIGHT (I stress might) be discontinued after March 30, 2023, as their fiscal year is from April to March. This would also align itself with having a fiscal year contract with the company that created the travel authorization.

I have a cruise next November 2023 which is stopping at Bermuda and thus my interest. I hope they drop it by then.

• Like 1

Transatlantic Sailings

You may have seen that testing requirements have changed for most of our sailings. Please know, protocols remain unchanged for Transatlantic sailings. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Testing Required
Pre-cruise 
All guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours prior to sailing. Guests ages 4 and younger are exempt from this test.

so they say 48 hours again which is not 2 days which they said before … ffs 🤦‍♀️ 

11 minutes ago, clochette said:

it seems that it is only unvaccinated guests that have to test. if you are vaccinated you are fine.

You may be correct, but the email I received from RCL says exactly the opposite of the statement posted above.

Edited by orville99

RCI didn’t even adhere to their own 48hr rules prior to this weeks Vision transatlantic… they tested b2bs this morning ( Wednesday) and Vision TA leaves Friday night…

Those who tested positive today are in quarantine for 5 days - today is day 0. They will  not retest during this period.  
There is a very limited menu, not even the dining room menu. And room service won’t deliver wine! 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

You may be correct, but the email I received from RCL says exactly the opposite of the statement posted above.

of course it does, it always seems clear as mud, we are lucky that our cruise is not until April, so we do have time to figure it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Unfortunately for us, our February cruise includes Columbia. Hopefully they change by then.

I'm on the march date. Columbia also requires a passport book. Cant board with a birth certificate. Columbia is a issue for some already on my roll call. 

They could change Columbia for costa rica and some would be happy but they are already cancelling. I got a great rate.

We arrived in FL yesterday morning and visited family near Lakeland yesterday, spent the night and drove to PC this am.  We're boarding Jewel on Sunday. I got the email this am.  Doesn't impact us at all as we were already included in the 9 days or less.   Roatan isn't visited very often.  Labadee may not be as Haiti is getting worse, not better.  Colombia (yes with an O, not a U) is also one port that is rarely visited.  The wording on all of these updates have been done poorly all along.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm on the march date. Columbia also requires a passport book. Cant board with a birth certificate. Columbia is a issue for some already on my roll call. 

They could change Columbia for costa rica and some would be happy but they are already cancelling. I got a great rate.

Costa Rica is on our cruise along with Columbia and Panama. Got the passport email about a week ago. Tough sledding for people who only have the Passport Cards or no passport at all.

Sounds like we will be doing a RoyalUp bid on that one😇

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Costa Rica is on our cruise along with Columbia and Panama. Got the passport email about a week ago. Tough sledding for people who only have the Passport Cards or no passport at all.

Sounds like we will be doing a RoyalUp bid on that one😇

I'd have liked costa rica but not out of Galveston..but I'm happy with panama and Columbia though we still have no excursions for Columbia. 

I booked 14 day carnival dream which does all 3 of those and A and C of the ABC islands. Rather rcl but they require me to fly ..  might but my flight to miami next spring the price discourages me from flying. 

Might try a royal up myself idk. I'm not fussy and plan on spending extra on food and excursions. I'm  lre into food and excursions than where I sleep. 

5 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

Just got the email

Testing
Effective November 2, 2022, all travelers on U.S. sailings — regardless of vaccination status — will no longer require pre-departure testing (excludes sailings to Colombia, Haiti, & Honduras).

yeah saw that, wonder if a ship goes to Labadee if you will need to be tested.  We don't go there until March 2024, so should not be an issue by then

28 minutes ago, karena1 said:

yeah saw that, wonder if a ship goes to Labadee if you will need to be tested.  We don't go there until March 2024, so should not be an issue by then

Well, since the only port in Haiti that cruise ships go to is Labadee, the email clearly says Haiti is excluded from the change, so yes.  But, prob not by March.

• Like 1