$19 Bolt on Celebration

Ilovesailaway

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

$19 seems pretty steep for such a short ride... I guess that some people will enjoy it, and at that price point there definitely won't be "huge" demand.

Hi 🙂

Of course what might be worth $19 and enjoyable to one person, may be a complete waste to others. Surely many can afford & want to ride Bolt & its worth it to them. Just like all the generous Carnival folk tipping an extra $1 to $2 dollars (per drink) on top of an 18% gratitutity to get better bar service. And if they have Cheers program, consuming 15 drinks a day, they're spending an extra $15 to $30 per day! On top of the daily Cheers price! Seems like steep daily tipping for something that's going to get flushed down the toilet minutes later.... That liquor you consumed has a short ride as well.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, Joebucks said:

You are not owed a free roller coaster ride.

No, but they made a big deal out of it when they announced the ship, and then essentially put a tiny asterisk on it saying "* additional charges apply".  And the ride is there, in your face, every time you go the open decks in the aft of the ship, reminding you that you can ride it, but it ain't free...

It is another annoying first-world problem, yes, but all of cruising is a first-world discretionary expenditure.  Why rub it in my face?

If the intent of the fee is to limit constant repeat riders, then put a time-out lock on it when booking: you can't book again for another hour or two or whatever makes sense from a queue-theory point of view.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No, but they made a big deal out of it when they announced the ship, and then essentially put a tiny asterisk on it saying "* additional charges apply".  And the ride is there, in your face, every time you go the open decks in the aft of the ship, reminding you that you can ride it, but it ain't free...

It is another annoying first-world problem, yes, but all of cruising is a first-world discretionary expenditure.  Why rub it in my face?

If the intent of the fee is to limit constant repeat riders, then put a time-out lock on it when booking: you can't book again for another hour or two or whatever makes sense from a queue-theory point of view.

or once per day

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I am currently on the Celebration TA, and I can confirm that the price is indeed $19.00.  It hasn’t been open since sailed on Sunday because of rough seas and inclement weather.  Hopefully that will improve once we head south and the Bolt will be open.

The Channel is rough ? Did you get to La Coruna today ?

3 hours ago, grooks said:

Currently on Celebration and rode Bolt yesterday.  Price is $15/person.  I see the confusion with people thinking it costs $19

Ty grooks, I thought it seemed odd that in the live report they said it was $19 but then a few others on board confirmed $19. I guess with no one riding it the first couple days it was easy to gloss over the confusing price.

56 minutes ago, mz-s said:

So either it was $19 before and Carnival fixed the error or something else is going on.

Look closer, at the bottom where it says 'Location'.

People were focused on the ($, 19 AFT) 

20221109-133553.jpg

🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Look closer, at the bottom where it says 'Location'.

People were focused on the ($, 19 AFT) 

20221109-133553.jpg

🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂

It means 19 AFT, as in the location on the ship.

How much money is 19 AFT? Reading is fundamental.

Price $15 is BOLD, I don't see how there could be confusion for a sentient human being. Carnival really is attracting a new clientele these days if this is confusing their guests!

Edited by mz-s
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It means 19 AFT, as in the location on the ship.

How much money is 19 AFT? Reading is fundamental.

Price $15 is BOLD, I don't see how there could be confusion for a sentient human being. Carnival really is attracting a new clientele these days if this is confusing their guests!

I know,  LOL!!!🤣

Between the possible punctuation mistake; The reading comprehension & the WHISPER DOWN THE LANE EFFECT on a message board, it was a triple threat & perfect storm for price misinformation.

Too funny!🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I rode the Sky Ride on the Horizon last week for free (not impressed). Did it once on an 8 day cruise. I saw very few people riding. Has the novelty worn off? Saw very few people on the ropes course. These seem like rides where you kids coerce you into paying (Carnival strategy). I paid $20 to do the Zipline in Amber Cove (all day fee). I rode it 4 times. That was enough ($5 per ride). I personally would not pay for the Bolt.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:08 PM, cruizinisthebest said:

I paid $15 for it on MG and would pay $19 on Celebration. It was fun. And worth it. It remains optional. 

Same here, although I'm glad it's still only $15 on Celebration.   I rode it on the Mardi Gras and enjoyed it -- did one lap at normal speed and one lap at "boost" speed, and got stuck on the final turn by the funnel.  (Probably a track-block issue after discussing it with the awesome staff there.)   So, they let me ride it again for free...but I'd still be happy paying $15 for just the standard two laps.   I -do- like roller coasters (to a point 🙂 ) so it was great to try a self-powered coaster for the first time, and for those who don't like coasters, hey...it IS totally optional.  

I'm curious to see if the Celebration includes the subtle, but unique design element at the Bolt that the Mardi Gras has.   Hint:  when walking up the stairs to Bolt, look closely at the left side of the stairway.  😉  

Edited by Pellaz
minor typo

On 11/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, ledges1 said:

I rode the Sky Ride on the Horizon last week for free (not impressed). Did it once on an 8 day cruise. I saw very few people riding. Has the novelty worn off? Saw very few people on the ropes course. These seem like rides where you kids coerce you into paying (Carnival strategy). I paid $20 to do the Zipline in Amber Cove (all day fee). I rode it 4 times. That was enough ($5 per ride). I personally would not pay for the Bolt.

All the major cruise lines have rides that cost.

I had no problem paying $15 to ride The Bolt on Mardi Gras. I loved the fact you made a reservation and literally walked right on the coaster and didn't have to wait in line. It was fun. Will I ride it on my next cruise on the Mardi Gras, prolly not... but I'm glad I did.

Personally I am glad they charge a fee for Bolt and here’s why. Roller coasters take an incredible amount of maintenance, and are expensive to operate. I imagine the cost of that maintenance is even drastically higher at sea (salt on track,etc). If they insisted on having one at sea, which they did , I’m glad they made it an extra OPTIONAL cost to guests. They could have pushed those operational costs into the fares of everybody then everyone is paying for a feature I assume only around 35-45% of the guests even use. I was perfectly happy to pay the $15 TWICE to ride it because I enjoyed it and that’s what I wanted to do. It’s the like same concept as complaining that they have up charge restaurants, it’s optional, you either do it or don’t. Your on vacation and honestly what’s $15 compared to the thousands you’ve already spent ? Just do it if you think you would enjoy it. The $15 cost covers the operational costs of the ride plain and simple. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:00 AM, Ilovesailaway said:

Just watched a vid on youtube where the posters are on the Celebration inaugural today... they report it's $19 to ride Bolt. 

I thought $15 was high. 

It is currently $15. If you want high prices, check out Disneyland.

• Haha 1