$19 Bolt on Celebration

Ilovesailaway

2 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Supply and demand. If no one goes on it, the price won't be $19. If the lines are long, the price goes up. You are not owed a free roller coaster ride.

Nothing is free on a cruise ship. Included is a better word. The ride doesn't have to be included obviously. Everyone has to decide if it's worth it to them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Just watched a vid on youtube where the posters are on the Celebration inaugural today... they report it's $19 to ride Bolt. 

I thought $15 was high. 

Nope nope nope. I didn't pay the $15 on Mardi Gras. My sister in law did and she it was fun to do once, but never again, not worth it. I'd much rather put my money into the go karts on NCL than pay for two quick laps around Bolt. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't ever see it going down either.  They're more likely to remove it than charge less for it. I suspect they kind of regret having it in the first place.  The maintenance is probably horrendous.

Honestly though, it gives other passengers something to do.  Less people in line for things that I enjoy.  So, I hope it lasts.

• Like 1

I’m not sure the $ 19 price is official. If the video the OP saw was the same one I saw, it was 2 guys giving a live walk-through of the ship. They were on deck at night in the rain, pointed out the Bolt, said they rode it on the Mardi Gras and weren’t sure they would ride it on Celebration and mentioned it cost $ 19. Maybe that is correct or maybe they just mis-remembered the price they paid on Mardi Gras. They did not show any price list or sign with a price, that I saw. Whether $ 15 or $ 19, it’s not worth it to me for 2 trips around. 

4 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I’m not sure the $ 19 price is official. If the video the OP saw was the same one I saw, it was 2 guys giving a live walk-through of the ship. They were on deck at night in the rain, pointed out the Bolt, said they rode it on the Mardi Gras and weren’t sure they would ride it on Celebration and mentioned it cost $ 19. Maybe that is correct or maybe they just mis-remembered the price they paid on Mardi Gras. They did not show any price list or sign with a price, that I saw. Whether $ 15 or $ 19, it’s not worth it to me for 2 trips around. 

Did the sign say $19, or maybe €19 or £19?

The ship is currently in the U.K., no?

5 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

Did the sign say $19, or maybe €19 or £19?

The ship is currently in the U.K., no?

There was no sign in the video I saw, just a passing comment that they mentioned they weren’t sure if they were going to do it because it cost $19. My first thought was it was 15 pounds which might equal US$19, but that’s only the equivalent to around US$17 currently. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisCJR said:

The maintenance is probably horrendous.

And from what I've seen in vlogs, it's often closed when windy or in bad weather.

I think what RCL did with their SeaPlex was what I would rather see more of. A multi-use space that can offer different events for larger groups of people at once.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I saw it too yesterday with the guys. I was thinking dang $19. I guess it somewhat balances out if you want to ride Bolt considering the food venues where there isn't a fee. 

I am glad they are charging!  We were on the Vista twice right before the shutdown and my hubby could never get on the skyride because the same teens/kids kept doing it then getting back in line.  Constantly, same kids...  if they had to pay then other people could have done it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

I am glad they are charging!  We were on the Vista twice right before the shutdown and my hubby could never get on the skyride because the same teens/kids kept doing it then getting back in line.  Constantly, same kids...  if they had to pay then other people could have done it.  

How were the same ones getting back in line ahead of your husband or others and keeping them from riding?  Were they cutting in line? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

How were the same ones getting back in line ahead of your husband or others and keeping them from riding?  Were they cutting in line? 

there were several groups, making the line over an hour long when he did stand in it.  He did it and got to ride finally, but an hour wait!  Other people were there complaining about it, also.  So many kids just spending the whole day there, over and over.  So yes, you could get in line, and ride it eventually, but a lot of people didn't as they had other things to do instead of stand in line for an hour.  

45 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

there were several groups, making the line over an hour long when he did stand in it.  He did it and got to ride finally, but an hour wait!  Other people were there complaining about it, also.  So many kids just spending the whole day there, over and over.  So yes, you could get in line, and ride it eventually, but a lot of people didn't as they had other things to do instead of stand in line for an hour.  

Like get in line for pizza😛

• Haha 1

Wow, first I heard there was a charge. I guess I’d pay it….once. We rode the gocarts on the NCL Encore a couple times up to Alaska, one time it was just my hubby and I. I kicked his butt! They seemed to give us extra time, since it was a COLD and slow day. That was totally worth it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Nope nope nope. I didn't pay the $15 on Mardi Gras. My sister in law did and she it was fun to do once, but never again, not worth it. I'd much rather put my money into the go karts on NCL than pay for two quick laps around Bolt. 🙂 

This is my feeling on it. I will do it once to say I did it. At $19 and figure half the cruisers will do it, that is $60k for a week.