B2B in different cabins

lola2013

I've booked Silhouette for 2024...originally in the same cabin for both cruises.  I was able to switch from my standard verandah to a SV for the second cruise.  I've already asked and gotten answers regarding the procedure for the turnaround day when I was staying in the same cabin, but now I'd appreciate information on what happens when I switch cabins.  My plan is to complete cruise 1, get off the ship to visit relatives in Ft. Lauderdale for the day, and then get back on the ship.  Changing cabins is now the challenge.  I presume I need to be out of the original cabin by a certain time (8:30am?), but the cabin steward will still be preparing the SV after the original occupants depart.  Since the two cabins are on the same deck, I was hoping to just throw packing cubes into my suitcase and roll them down to the new cabin, closet contents can be moved as is and toiletries re-packed quickly for the move.  My question is will I be allowed to put my belongings into the SV while it is being serviced?

Thanks!

Make sure you tell your room steward that you are on  B2B.  Inform him of your plans. He will help get all your clothing to the next room.  

He has a cart for all your hang ups. You will have to pack the clothes from the drawers and items from bathroom. 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texed said:

Make sure you tell your room steward that you are on  B2B.  Inform him of your plans. He will help get all your clothing to the next room.  

He has a cart for all your hang ups. You will have to pack the clothes from the drawers and items from bathroom. 😊

Thanks!  I'm still confused about the timing.  Will he store everything from the first cabin while the 2nd cabin is being serviced?  Can I leave the ship and know that my stuff will be moved in my absence...or do I need to stay onboard?

26 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Can I leave the ship and know that my stuff will be moved in my absence...or do I need to stay onboard?

You can leave---the details and timing of which will be provided before the turnaround day.

35 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Thanks!  I'm still confused about the timing.  Will he store everything from the first cabin while the 2nd cabin is being serviced?  Can I leave the ship and know that my stuff will be moved in my absence...or do I need to stay onboard?

You can leave the ship have the B2B procedure is completed .Time for this will be given to you

• Like 1

Notify your cabin attendant.  On turnaround day you leave all the hanging items in the closet, pack items from drawers, shelves, bathroom in your suitcases and leave them in your 1st cabin.  The cabin attendants will move them for you.  

• Like 1

Do not forget to empty you stateroom safe.  We take our valuables and other items we normally store in the safe off the ship with us.  Otherwise, as others said, leave hanging clothes hanging, pack extra shoes and items from the drawers in your suitcase(s) and leave in the room.  The Room stewards for your old and new room will work everything out, if it is not the same room steward. 

• Like 1

Your room steward is given a list of guests that are doing B2B.   I normally introduce myself to the new Room Steward the day before the end of the cruise and ask him to call me when my new room is empty (usually around 7:30 they ask all to be out of their rooms).    I then move the items in the safe and my laptop to the new room.   If I don't hear from them I go to new room and see if room is open.   The room attendant will be close by.     In 12 B2B have never had a problem.  

Just pack anything that is not on hangers in suit cases and you can take off.   When you return everything will have been moved to your new room.

• Like 1

It has been years since we did a single cruise leg.  We generally do B2B2B with an occasional  B2B or B2B2B2B.  We have had to move cabins a number of times through the years and it is easy.  Just don't overthink the process.  The cabins attendants have done this a number of times.  

But regarding moving safe contents -- I have found it handy to have the safe contents packed in a plastic bag so we can just place them in the new safe, punch in our new pass code and leave the new stateroom.

• Like 1

When we did this on the Eclipse in 2019 it was a painless move for us from Deck 9 to Deck 6. Having DBiL/DSiL staying in their same cabin for this B2B was a huge help as we kept our "valuables" in their cabin while we left the ship early for a private excursion to Valparaiso.

• Like 1