Any tips and tricks for earliest boardings

Hi Guys,

Going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks out of the new port in Brisbane. 

We have an 11am boarding time which was the earliest time you get as soon as check in opened!

Unfortunately our Diamond status does not mean much now days!! 

Do we get there early and just line up? Or is there a tip or trick that can be done to start our holiday as early as possible!

Thanks

30 minutes ago, SuitesRbest said:

Hi Guys,

Going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 3 weeks out of the new port in Brisbane. 

We have an 11am boarding time which was the earliest time you get as soon as check in opened!

Unfortunately our Diamond status does not mean much now days!! 

Do we get there early and just line up? Or is there a tip or trick that can be done to start our holiday as early as possible!

Thanks

I just book the one before 🙂

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I must be the only passenger not in a hurry to get on board.  Also close to last to leave!

You're not Robyn Crusoe. So long as the ship is still at the dock when I get there.

I usually travel by train so my boarding is somewhat governed by train time table from Newcastle. I don't rush to get the train because, in haste, I may overlook something important - passport, wine?

I time the train so that I miss the commuter rush. Arriving at abot 2 or 3pm usually sees a quick boarding in my experience.

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

You're not Robyn Crusoe. So long as the ship is still at the dock when I get there.

I usually travel by train so my boarding is somewhat governed by train time table from Newcastle. I don't rush to get the train because, in haste, I may overlook something important - passport, wine?

I time the train so that I miss the commuter rush. Arriving at abot 2 or 3pm usually sees a quick boarding in my experience.

Good to hear I'm not alone.  The last two times I boarded a ship in Singapore, I was the only passenger boarding in the terminal.  You get excellent speedy service, so they can cross you off their list. 

• Like 1

The easiest boardings are when there are no lines. That is either being in front of the lines or after them.

If they say earliest boarding is 11am, get there 1/2 hour before and hope they are having a smooth day. For Sydney, there are lots of things you can do to fill in an hour if they are delays. Brisbane's BICT doesn't offer that luxury if there are any delays.

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Don't panic.. the buffet won't run out!!! 🙂 

Exactly.  Plenty of tucker on board. Does RCI have MDR open for embarkation lunch like Princess? 

I never go to MDR for embark lunch, too rushed, buffet does me.  

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Chili, why is Diamond status  no good anymore?

Diamond plus status is exactly as it has always been apart from the priority check in lines at the terminal. The new check in system we/ they are using  is far more efficient and way faster than the old method and the need for priority lines as such has been deemed unnecessary. All the onboard perks etc have not changed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Chili, why is Diamond status  no good anymore?

Not at check in uncle Les. There used to be a priority lane but no more.

But as Graham said it’s not really that bad .

The old days of a 11:00  start where good but like everything we are living in a different world.