Elite Happy Hour

sunsetme

22 minutes ago, phabric said:

Do they still give you in your cabin a list of each day appetizers?

We sometimes go went it is food we like we like.

The last time we cruised, yes, they let us know what the appetizers were per day on a card. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phabric said:

We sometimes go went it is food we like we like.

We attended 4 or 5 times and there was a minimal crowd. The food wasn't a big attraction at all. Nothing that you couldn't order in the DR.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Level six said:

They don't really ask for ID,(although on the Majestic there was someone there checking medallions)  so it will be fine.  It just has a sign at the entry that it is a private function

I’m in a similar quandary. I’m elite and my cabin mate for the November TATL is a blue noobie. At least for her second cruise next Feb, we’ll be in a full suite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We this before 2020? We haven't had a card menu since then.

Oh, I guess you are right. Apologies. Well, hoping they announce what the food options are on our next cruise, because it's definitely not something we attend on most nights. Just a couple of things the fam likes. 

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

Oh, I guess you are right. Apologies. Well, hoping they announce what the food options are on our next cruise, because it's definitely not something we attend on most nights. Just a couple of things the fam likes. 

They now don’t just have one option per night but a large spread of finger food set out.  The hot dishes seemed to change very night.  

• Like 2

We just did Enchanted 14 day and attended about 10 times. We are late diners (7:30pm) so we go around 430 for an hour then get ready for Dinner. I did notice fewer folks go. We much prefer Skywalkers to the Vista but the Vista was convenient for us as our room was a few floors above it

• Like 2

I just got off a 15 day Hawaii sailing on the Sapphire.  I went probably 8 nights and it was amazing!  As @CruiseRaidersaid there’s quite the spread now. There was live music (tasteful and low key to enable conversation).  They had the best sushi on two nights. Both cooked and raw. Jefferson was hilarious.  When I complimented him on the sushi he said “Thanks I get it from Walmart”. I think he went on about just unwrapping the plastic but I was laughing too hard to really hear him. OMG funniest guy ever. 

The bar soon discovered my favorite white wine and never ran out. They also stocked the NICE wine glasses for me. 

There were always senior officers at the elite lounge when I went.  Mario Propato our DORO was usually there as was our HGM and director of GS. 

Darsan the bar supervisor made sure everyone was well taken care of and happy. 

My other experiences have been elevated since the restart on my Majestic, Ruby, Royal and Grand sailings But the Sapphire took it up another notch!  

012E6E1A-552D-419E-B787-E60219F77C47.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:33 PM, sunsetme said:

Does anyone show up anymore? With the drinking packages hardly anyone attended on my last cruise in August.

Not elite, but I crashed one on my last cruise.

Some of the appetizers looked slightly appealing, but tbh, if I never ever had them, I wouldn't be missing out on anything.  Personally, I really hate finger food especially when I'm hungry and it's after 5 PM.

I've never been a fan of the Vista Lounge. However, unlike many others I've seen here on CC, I don't have a problem with Club Fusion. I know it has now windows and is kind of "buried" but it seems to me to be a better venue than the Vista Lounge.

I've always been surprised by the folks who insist on visiting the PES lounge on the nights when they have Steak Tartare. I just don't get the allure of raw hamburger.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are a couple of nights that we plan to go.  Personally, I adore the tartar and shrimp.  It's normally a night we skip the MDR and get a later nibble, buffet, burger or pizza.  Hubs is easy and will follow my lead when I want to go or I'll follow when he wants to go.  

And if I have a travel buddy who's not leveled up yet, I'll take them and show them a small perk for status. 

We call them fancy munchies and have fun with it!

• Like 4

On 11/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, STANCPA44 said:

I remember way back the wifi use to be free when you became Elite, now there is no mention of it.

The Internet isn't free, never was really, you got free minutes up to a limit, but my last three cruises the Internet/WiFi has been fast and flawless. The 50% off on Internet/WiFi that works is far better than free minutes on very slow, spotty Internet.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:05 AM, phabric said:

We were on the Sapphire last month and got a list for our 15 day cruise.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, polmcs said:

I’m in a similar quandary. I’m elite and my cabin mate for the November TATL is a blue noobie. At least for her second cruise next Feb, we’ll be in a full suite.

The lounge is PES, Platinum, Elite, Suite, so she is entitled to go, even it if it is Day 1 on Princess.

21 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I just got off a 15 day Hawaii sailing on the Sapphire.  - The bar soon discovered my favorite white wine and never ran out.

We may have been on the same cruise... we went almost every day. We tend to go when it is a nice venue like Skywalkers or food we like (sushi, tartare, smoked salmon, Stilton wheel). We usually skip "guac & chips".

Like you, the bartender on day 2 remembered not just my favorite Chardonnay, but my name as well. Those are the touches that make Princess special for me.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, STANCPA44 said:

I remember way back the wifi use to be free when you became Elite, now there is no mention of it. 

I hope that someone will clarify the above

Thank you

Stan

19 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

The Internet isn't free, never was really, you got free minutes up to a limit, but my last three cruises the Internet/WiFi has been fast and flawless. The 50% off on Internet/WiFi that works is far better than free minutes on very slow, spotty Internet.

I remember we used to get 300 minutes free between the two of us. I'm pretty sure that varied by cruise length.   Looks like that approach is gone.    I prefer the current heavy discount over the previous "free minutes" approach.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

I remember long ago that Princess, right before disembarkation, would offer a specially priced opportunity in the computer lounge to check in for your return flights and print your airline tickets.  Is this still available?

If it is they didn't tell us in Regal's internet cafe last year. Had to purchase a full day's internet to spend 5 mins printing off the tickets needed the next morning. 

On 11/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, 2 cruises a year said:

If it is in a Skywalkers, or even Club 15 on the Grand, we go, those are nice venues.  If it is in a Vista Lounge, Meh.

I agree - lovely to attend if the view of sail away or port or open ocean is beautitul. But curtains drawn, interior like location, is not very enticing!

On 11/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, suzyed said:

What ship!  Our bartender, Kieran, on the Caribbean was amazing!  As we approached Vines, he would have our wine poured by the time we sat and swirled it as he carried it over to us....every evening! 

Royal Princess. Round trip Alaska out of Vancouver. May 2nd through 14th.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:32 PM, 1965 said:

We're hoping to take a cruise with our daughter & sil who are not Elite. Are they allowed to accompany us to the Elite lounge for the afternoon appetizers & drinks? Thanks. 🙂

Yes, they are. We’ve cruised 3 times with our daughter and grandson and they have always been welcomed in with us. Our grandson likes to take a small board game for us to play and there is always room for us to sit round a bigger table. In fact it’s one of the highlights of our grandson’s cruising experience! 

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1