Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

Hi all this is a crew member thats on Sun at the moment there's a few glimpses of the interior of the ship as he walks around it,,might give u an little idea of where the build is at.He might put more video's up in coming days/weeks.

Edited by darzo509
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Looking good. Could be ready in 3 weeks ???  Nice crew cabins.😀 I’m a little surprise this person was allowed to film this. I wonder if Princess is aware of it?  It seems everything a secret these days from Princess. Either way, thank you crew member. 

Edited by DHP1

37 minutes ago, darzo509 said:

Hi all this is a crew member thats on Sun at the moment there's a few glimpses of the interior of the ship as he walks around it,,might give u an little idea of where the build is at.He might put more video's up in coming days/weeks.

Thanks darzo.  That was interesting.

(After watching the video, I'm sure others will agree with me that Princess should set up a temporary staff uniform shop on the ship....LOL)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Interesting video. Did anyone notice if there was a date when it was taken?

On the guy's YouTube channel, that video is time-stamped as having been loaded to YouTube 9hrs ago, however I don't see a reference as to when it was filmed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dides said:

A video showing the Sun Princess dancers practising in a gym at Monfalcone was posted on the Il Piccolo site

😲 look at em' go ! I used to be able to do that .... when Reagan was president   

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 5

Our friends on the 18th Feb inaugural have just been assigned their guaranteed stateroom. Ironically just yards from where our stateroom would have been :classic_sad: 

Looking promising though..

Edited by dides
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, dides said:

A video showing the Sun Princess dancers practising in a gym at Monfalcone was posted on the Il Piccolo site

The prose under the video says something about the inaugural cruise being postponed "due to the postponement of the delivery of the maxi passengers", whatever that is. Any ideas?

well after hearing about the delay I did some research one the ship design and sailings and so now I am booked for Nov 2nd cruise since the ship looks interesting.  

So I will start 2024 with the new ICON OTS in May and end the year with Sun Princess.  In between various other ships that I have already been on but doing nicer itineraries like the Western Med and back to Norway.

Next year Princess as some nice cruises from UK to like Northern Capitals on the Emerald and then a nice one on Regal around British Isles.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

The prose under the video says something about the inaugural cruise being postponed "due to the postponement of the delivery of the maxi passengers", whatever that is. Any ideas?

guessing a bad translation of largest ship built by the shipyard?

/

• Like 5

10 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I believe that section of the Italian article simply translates as the ship's inaugural cruise has been delayed.... due to the postponement of the delivery of the mega passenger ship.

Edited by StevenW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is some new info for the 2/18 sailing.

Sun Princess dining information

Please see below for a current summary of dining options available to book in PCA for the first four voyages on Sun Princess, beginning February 18th, 2024:

Definitions:
Journey Guests - Guests who book the same dining for their entire voyage
Non-Journey Guests - Guests who book single dining reservations at various times
Main Dining:
Horizons Dining Rm Deck 6 - 5pm & 7:30pm Traditional Seatings (Can be booked by Journey and Non-Journey Guests)
Horizons Dining Rm Deck 7 - All times available for Reservation (Can be booked by Journey and Non- Journey Guests)
Horizons Dining Rm Deck 8 - Not for making reservations - Walk-In's onboard only
Specialty Dining Open for Reservations:
Crown Grill
Sabatini's Italian Trattoria
Butcher's Block by Dario
The Catch by Rudi
Kai Sushi
Umai Teppanyaki
Hot Pot
(FYI - Umai Teppanyaki & Hot Pot are in the same venue but are reserved as separate Dining Experiences)
NOT Available at the moment:
Love by Britto
Spellbound
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for sharing. Some Main Dining Room information there that should make everyone happy! Traditional fixed dinning, book in advance 'dine your way', and just turn up all catered for.

It looks like the venue for Traditional is larger than for Dine you Way.  Very disappointing for me if I have to less options for reservations  But again, it's all just speculation for now.  We will see how it works.  

I still can't find Butcher's Block on the deck plans.  Anyone have any idea?  

• Like 1

@Sox Fan Cruiser   The following was taken from Princess News Releases last fall.   image.png.b9987e30913641ab95e635562c994b21.pngThese two have always been referred to as "pop-ups", which to me means they do not have a dedicated full-time venue.  I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading that The Catch and Burcher's Block would be located at the aft end of The World Fresh Market Place.  Based on all that, I would conjecture that the two areas that I have circled in red, on this engineering plan of Deck 9 Aft, will be repurposed every night as the pop-up locations for these two specialty restaurants.  And, those areas would revert back to World Fresh Marketplace dining seating during the non-dinner hours.  God willing, that the 2/18 sailing is a go, I'll find out first-hand if my theory is correct.                                                                                                                                                                               

image.thumb.png.901ed7da9c70e1da1f67a8faf2d25220.png 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@Sox Fan Cruiser   The following was taken from Princess News Releases last fall.   image.png.b9987e30913641ab95e635562c994b21.pngThese two have always been referred to as "pop-ups", which to me means they do not have a dedicated full-time venue.  I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading that The Catch and Burcher's Block would be located at the aft end of The World Fresh Market Place.  Based on all that, I would conjecture that the two areas that I have circled in red, on this engineering plan of Deck 9 Aft, will be repurposed every night as the pop-up locations for these two specialty restaurants.  And, those areas would revert back to World Fresh Marketplace dining seating during the non-dinner hours.  God willing, that the 2/18 sailing is a go, I'll find out first-hand if my theory is correct.                                                                                                                                                                               

image.thumb.png.901ed7da9c70e1da1f67a8faf2d25220.png 

That makes sense.  Not sure why I didn’t think of this possibility based on how pop-ups have worked in the past. There is only one area where I still see “Coming Soon” on the deck plan.  It’s up near the Piazza on Deck 9.  Any thoughts on what might go there?

In this journal de montreal article it mentions that 30 members of the Cirque Eloize team will board Sun Princess on the weekend of 10th February to begin six to eight weeks of integration.

This confirms that the Cirque Eloize productions won't be ready for the first few cruises either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1