Renew Passport time

Ombud

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

The interface with the new passport numbers is not run daily so it may take a week or for the new number to be recognized.  If it doesn’t work the first time, try again a few days later.  The first time DH tried it (about 10 days after the issue date and 5 days after mailing of the new passport) the new passport number wasn’t found.  A week later it was.

How can I tell if my GE has my new passport numbers?  I don't remember which one I renewed first.

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

How can I tell if my GE has my new passport numbers?  I don't remember which one I renewed first.

• Go to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
  • Click on GE login (top right corner)
  • On the dashboard click on TTP Membership Information
  • Check your personal information
  • If you need to update your passport number go back to the previous screen and click on update documents - that will give you the ability to edit the information

• Thanks 2

FWIW.... when my late September, 2022 cruise was cancelled at the beginning of August, I immediately applied for a non-expedited passport renewal by mail. Since I live in the DFW area, the passport renewal center is in Irving, TX received the application on August 11th, and I received my passport book on September 22nd (38 days) and passport card on September 24th (40 days), thus my passport renewal took just 6 weeks and 3 days. 

It's always best to renew when you aren't in a pressure situation. 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, capriccio said:

The interface with the new passport numbers is not run daily so it may take a week or for the new number to be recognized.  If it doesn’t work the first time, try again a few days later.  The first time DH tried it (about 10 days after the issue date and 5 days after mailing of the new passport) the new passport number wasn’t found.  A week later it was.

I'm confused. We just renewed our passports (have not received new passports yet) We also have Global Entry. What is it that we need to do to document wise with Global Entry to continue receiving TSA Precheck?

24 minutes ago, llarsen said:

I'm confused. We just renewed our passports (have not received new passports yet) We also have Global Entry. What is it that we need to do to document wise with Global Entry to continue receiving TSA Precheck?

When you receive your new passports, then go on to your Global Entry accounts and update documents.  Here you will update your new passports.

Some folks have purchased only Tsa precheck, as opposed to GE.  Just follow the instructions for your GE.  That will take care of the TSA precheck that’s included with GE.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, llarsen said:

• On the dashboard see Update Your Information in the right column 
  • Click on Update Documents - that will give you the ability to edit the information
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, capriccio said:
  • On the dashboard click on TTP Membership Information
  • Check your personal information
  • If you need to update your passport number go back to the previous screen and click on update documents - that will give you the ability to edit the information

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

GE won't have your new passport number. You will need to tell them via the process described. 

Thanks, I just checked, and my current passport number is on file with GE.  I must have renewed our passports first and later on renewed GE.  Thanks for showing how to find the data.

We mailed ours Priority Mail on December 10 for expedited service, they received Tuesday 12/13 and it was in process a few days after that. I just checked and the status says shipped on 12/6. So if we receive it by tomorrow that will be 4 weeks. The site says 3-5 weeks so right in the middle. We also signed up for email notifications but never received any.

We cruise February 10th so I will be very relieved to have it in hand! 😅

• Like 1

Just renewed online and it was stupid simple!! Except I put in wrong travel dates (3/16/23 - 4/23/23 instead of 4/16/23 - 4/23/23). Oops. Hard to do everything on a smartphone. Well I could go to Mexico almost anytime. I mean it's less than a days drive south. Would you correct? 

I just did my online renewal tonight.  Once I got on the right device, it was easy.  I was trying to do it on my iPad and it kept telling me to download Chrome, but I was already in chrome.  But I finally realized if I was to do it on Apple it had to be a Mac, which I don’t have.  Maybe the iPhone would have worked, but screen too small for me.  Anyway, I hooked up the iPad to my Surface Pro and transferred the pictures.  After that it was easy.  No expediting, will see how long it takes.  
  I went to CVS to have pics taken, and had them also take with my phone.  Now, just to wait.  No travel plans currently, maybe something in March to Bahamas or Caribbean and I can use BC if necessary.  In 50 years of travel, never done it without a passport.  EM