Looking for someone currently on Edge (1/3/23) that can confirm/deny scaled back dinner buffet??

BermudaBound2014

Will be on the Edge next week and will report what I see.  Online there are only a few cabins left, so it’s pretty much 100% capacity.  We have access to Luminae, but to be honest most of the dishes are not our thing. We order MDR classic options frequently, like shrimp cocktail and steak. We just did Disney in November and we ate the Buffett about daily, really good.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, leia01 said:

We have been pleased with the food on Silhouette in both Luminae and OV for breakfast and lunch. Tonight we just checked out the OV to see what was available and again the options were limited. Salad, Dai, stir fry, curry, beef stew, rice, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, and carrots, pizza, pasta, cheeses and an assortment of breads and fruit were available. A soup option was also available.  No carving stations or create your own stir fry stations were open. There was also no fish or grilled items. Everything looked and smelled delicious but it was just not what we wanted. Celebrity cruises have been a favorite of ours. 

Opening one fresh made to order station a night would go a long way for me. 

Pasta station one night then a stir fry the next, followed by the grill next, tai, etc… 

Heck, even a panini station would be a step up. Give us something made fresh please. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Will be on the Edge next week and will report what I see.  Online there are only a few cabins left, so it’s pretty much 100% capacity.  We have access to Luminae, but to be honest most of the dishes are not our thing. We order MDR classic options frequently, like shrimp cocktail and steak. We just did Disney in November and we ate the Buffett about daily, really good.

Just remember, unlike M-class and S-class ships, you cannot order off the MDR menu in Luminae on Edge.   There may be some classic options on Edge, we have not sailed her since Feb 2020, but we were told ordering from the MDR was not an option due to the separation between the kitchens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Opening one fresh made to order station a night would go a long way for me. 

Pasta station one night then a stir fry the next, followed by the grill next, tai, etc… 

Heck, even a panini station would be a step up. Give us something made fresh please. 

Agree... I just emailed LLP and gave that exact suggestion... plus keep Mast Grill open til 6:30-7pm.  We cruise frequently and always eat dinner in OV.  They have been closing off half of the buffet for months... that is nothing new.  But there has always been a decent selection of items plus the full salad bar... not just premade pasta salads, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The below was posted in that other very long thread that many people may not read. It was a response after someone wrote to Celebrity to inquire about what was happening with dinner at OVC. So no grill, no pasta station, and apparently no desserts.

Please be advised that the Oceanview Café will not be closed for dinner. The operating hours for dinner will remain the same, approximately, 6:00 – 9:30 pm. However, we will now have limited offerings. We will have one food station, which will host a 7-day rotational international-themed menu, a limited salad station, and pizza station. I am including a sample menu below with our Italian Theme Menu as an example. This menu is just a sample and subject to change.

•    Small Salad Station:
White Bean Salad
Tuscan Panzanella with tomatoes and spicy focaccia croutons
Chicken and pasta salad
•    Mains:
Pollo alla Cacciatore
Beef lasagna
Eggplant Parmigiano
Mix vegetable medley
•    Pizza Station:
Pomodoro
Pepperoni
Mushroom and vegetable

I hope this information is of assistance to you.  We look forward to welcoming you aboard your next sailing!

• Thanks 1

As I've said on several threads, this menu is an embarrassment to Celebrity. Offering an Italian night and eliminating the fresh pasta station (which many people enjoy based on the long lines) seems ridiculous. 

I have written asking for a made-to-order station be added each night. Since celebrity is going with a theme night, this could be an easy (and fairly inexpensive) addition taking the buffet up several notches. Pasta, Stir Fry, Grill, Tai, etc...

I also contacted Celebrity via facebook messenger last night. This is their response.

image.png.17f88102d6588a918c37afa990b81293.png

I would encourage everyone disappointed with the menu posted to contact Celebrity via various social media sites (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc...). 

This email got bounced back: concerns@celebrity.com 

This email did not bounce back (but no reply from staff): 

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I also contacted Celebrity via facebook messenger last night. This is their response.

Thanks for sharing.  Their response to you was generic corporate gobbledygook.  At least they didn't deny what they're apparently doing.

I have a trip on the Summit in about 7 weeks.  I expect a well-stocked buffet, because 1) the charter company I assume paid for it months or years ago, and 2) the crowd I'm sailing with demands and deserves such.  If this is not provided, I'll fire off an email to LLP.  Otherwise, I'll hold my fire and let others fight this fight.

I read on some posts on another website that Celebrity has not been serving Beef Wellington.  Some say that beef choices have been cut back on the menus.  This in addition to paying extra now for a second lobster tail is really getting annoying.

Anyone else experiencing these types of food shortgages/less choices on Celebrity?

We're on Celebrity Summit in 4 months and hope that this is not the case then.  This is our 7th Celebrity cruise and will be disappointed if they are not up to their usual standards.

52 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

If this is not provided, I'll fire off an email to LLP.  Otherwise, I'll hold my fire and let others fight this fight.

Your charter maybe ok, BUT a quick short email sharing your concerns in the event you ever select a non-charter Celebrity cruise would take less than 5 minutes. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

I just checked the app for upcoming February Summit cruises.  No beef in sight.  On all my cruises from Aug 2021 thru Nov 2022, first night in MDR has been seared salmon and prime rib.  Now it's seared salmon (which is pretty good) and a pork chop.  There's still beef most nights in Luminae and about half in Blu.  It'll be interesting to see if the 4 oz filet is still an option.  It was in Nov on the Connie but asst maitre d' (nametag now says headwaiter BTW) had to get it blessed each time.  This year's Nov 16-night Connie TA is going to be a loooong haul if OVC is so severely limited and the MDR menu is, too.  I'll be watching to see how this plays out before making final payment in July.  My air can be canceled (miles) so I'd only be out $100 (booked on board).  We shall see (wish they had a skeptical emoji, with one eyebrow raised). 

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

As I've said on several threads, this menu is an embarrassment to Celebrity. Offering an Italian night and eliminating the fresh pasta station (which many people enjoy based on the long lines) seems ridiculous. 

I have written asking for a made-to-order station be added each night. Since celebrity is going with a theme night, this could be an easy (and fairly inexpensive) addition taking the buffet up several notches. Pasta, Stir Fry, Grill, Tai, etc...

I would encourage everyone disappointed with the menu posted to contact Celebrity via various social media sites (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc...). 

This email got bounced back: concerns@celebrity.com 

This email did not bounce back (but no reply from staff): 

lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com 

It’s not just celebrity sadly 

I JUST wrote to the email provided.   lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com 

My husband and I are sailing on the Edge B2B this February and have concerns about the reported cutbacks to the Oceanview Cafe.

I understand that all the cruise lines are scrambling to recover from the pandemic and have taken on enormous debt that now needs to be repaid.
While we do not frequent the Oceanview Cafe on a regular basis for dinner - we do visit a number of nights for their themed menus and great variety of desserts.
We do feel that this cutback smells a lot like a bait and switch.  We loved the Apex last year and was looking forward to the same experience on the Edge.
We are booked on and were planning more cruises on Celebrity (despite being D+ on Royal) because of their superior product.
I really don't want to cancel and find a different line (or simply bank our money until the cruise industry sorts out the madness and competition resumes to reclaim and retain cruisers.)  
Alas, we're too close to sailing to cancel without large penalties, so we'll just travel as planned and hope for the best.  

I ACTUALLY GOT A CALL FROM HER OFFICE!!!

I didn't catch the woman's name because I was in shock.  She thanked me for my loyalty as an Elite member and hoped that the changes would not be as drastic as reported.

Moral - nothing may be done but at least they are listening and hopefully it won't be drastic.  If enough people complain it may spur them to do something.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

My husband and I are sailing on the Edge B2B this February and have concerns about the reported cutbacks to the Oceanview Cafe.

I understand that all the cruise lines are scrambling to recover from the pandemic and have taken on enormous debt that now needs to be repaid.
While we do not frequent the Oceanview Cafe on a regular basis for dinner - we do visit a number of nights for their themed menus and great variety of desserts.
We do feel that this cutback smells a lot like a bait and switch.  We loved the Apex last year and was looking forward to the same experience on the Edge.
We are booked on and were planning more cruises on Celebrity (despite being D+ on Royal) because of their superior product.
I really don't want to cancel and find a different line (or simply bank our money until the cruise industry sorts out the madness and competition resumes to reclaim and retain cruisers.)  
Alas, we're too close to sailing to cancel without large penalties, so we'll just travel as planned and hope for the best.  

I didn't catch the woman's name because I was in shock.  She thanked me for my loyalty as an Elite member and hoped that the changes would not be as drastic as reported.

Moral - nothing may be done but at least they are listening and hopefully it won't be drastic.  If enough people complain it may spur them to do something.

Impressive. I emailed last night and didn't even get a form "we'll get to your email as soon as possible" response.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

There's still beef most nights in Luminae and about half in Blu.  It'll be interesting to see if the 4 oz filet is still an option. 

If you are talking about the 4-oz filet that was on the children's menu, my app for Millennium is showing that it has been replaced with a 5-oz sirloin.  I will find out when we sail in April if someone does not confirm between now and then. 

And I just got an email.  Needless to say I am shocked! 

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Executive Offices at Celebrity Cruises. I am pleased to have this opportunity to respond on behalf of our President and CEO, Ms. Perlo.
Mrs. Moose, it was a pleasure speaking with you today.  Thank you for your very valuable feedback, we are looking forward to welcoming you on the Celebrity Edge on February 13, 2023.  For your convenience, my office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Adela Mormeneo
Celebrity Cruises
Executive Office
Phone Number (US & International): 305-614-1343

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

I live in the UK and I emailed LLP today.

I too received a call back but was unable to take the call as I had visitors.  The voicemail message has requested I contact them to arrange a discussion.

• Like 2

Just now, Arubamoose said:

And I just got an email.  Needless to say I am shocked! 

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Executive Offices at Celebrity Cruises. I am pleased to have this opportunity to respond on behalf of our President and CEO, Ms. Perlo.
Mrs. Moose, it was a pleasure speaking with you today.  Thank you for your very valuable feedback, we are looking forward to welcoming you on the Celebrity Edge on February 13, 2023.  For your convenience, my office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Adela Mormeneo
Celebrity Cruises
Executive Office
Phone Number (US & International): 305-614-1343

Snap!

Just now, anniegb said:

Could you explain please ? I am a solo cruiser

Two people who say they just emailed today had almost instant responses.

I emailed last night and have heard nothing - not even an automated email response.

Just disappointing that they seem to be picking and choosing who they respond to - so it just feels like since the others seem to be part of couples that they are looking and thinking "Well, it's just a solo cruiser...no big deal."

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Two people who say they just emailed today had almost instant responses.

I emailed last night and have heard nothing - not even an automated email response.

Just disappointing that they seem to be picking and choosing who they respond to - so it just feels like since the others seem to be part of couples that they are looking and thinking "Well, it's just a solo cruiser...no big deal."

I emailed today and received a response.  Nothing in my email indicated my marital status.  

Possibly they are only replying to a sample of emails received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wow. I guess it definitely shows how little solo cruisers mean to them. Just confirms that July will be my last X cruise.

Solo cruiser here, cruised Edge TA in Oct/Nov. had a marvelous time and was treated so well.  

40 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Impressive. I emailed last night and didn't even get a form "we'll get to your email as soon as possible" response.

I also emailed last night and got a call first thing this morning.  Same speech as above from someone who said Lisa asked her to call.. lol… but at least listened to my concerns and said they truly value my Elite status and that Lisa definitely listens.  She also sent a follow up email asking me to give feedback after my upcoming cruise. Not naive enough to think a few of us can change this scale back of Oceanview, but maybe at least a little will be different instead of a lot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1