Probably a Silly Question, but How Do YOU Carry Food Up to Your Cabin?

LEMJMcC

On 1/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, LEMJMcC said:

On past cruises I would awaken much earlier than the lovely wife and go out to catch the sunrise.  On my way back to the cabin I would stop by Cafe Promenade to pick up a hot breakfast tea for me, coffee for the wife, and some breakfast pastries for us both.  Also there were many evenings that we would want to enjoy a late night snack and I would again run down to Sorrentos to pick up some pizza and grab some beverages as well.  In either case, I had my hands full!

The problem for me has always been trying to carry all this from the promenade deck back up to the cabin, especially when I had to take the elevators - imagine a guy with two drinks and a bunch of food in his hands trying to hit the elevator button with his elbow or big toe of one foot while balancing on the other!  Anyway, it occurred to me that others have likely solved this dilemma and what better place to find possible solutions than the CC Forum?!

So what tactics have you successfully employed to carry a bunch of drinks and food up to your cabins?

I’ve saved a room service tray in the past, and kept it in the closet. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

say I wanted to take a few slices of pizza to  the room...can I get a whole pizza to bring up with me? 

My DH keeps the whole pizza on a plate and covers it with another plate. 
more sanitary when  getting on a crowded elevator, and it’s still pretty warm when I get it. 

8 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

You know, she recently told me that I am permitted to awaken her when I get up to get her to accompany me.  I asked if I could video her saying that for later use and she refused, so I think I know how that's going to go😁

I think you would need to throw the red challenge flag!

(have you seen those commercials?)

On 1/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, jagsfan said:

I’ve saved a room service tray in the past, and kept it in the closet. 

Great advice! If you don’t hide it will get tossed with the cleaning service - that goes for glasses, forks spoons napkins as well. If you want it - hide it!

On 1/9/2023 at 9:09 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Continental breakfast is free from room service. 
keep the tray and us it throughout the week. 

Room service continental breakfast rarely shows up at the time I order it for.  Plus if I wake up early, do I have to wait?  If I wake up late and they have to wake me up is not great either.  

I do like the keep the try part though….

• Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

say I wanted to take a few slices of pizza to  the room...can I get a whole pizza to bring up with me? 

Absolutely, we ordered what Evan the Mgr. called Caribbean Dream, it had pineapple, sausage and pepperoni, onion and olives, it was given to us the next night in a real pizza box and we ate it in our room.  It was delish.  That was Odyssey but we've done that on other ships too. even in Promenade Cafe.

We've also taken food from the MDR.  They gave it to us on a plate with the vented plastic covers.  AGAIN, maybe ASK!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Absolutely, we ordered what Evan the Mgr. called Caribbean Dream, it had pineapple, sausage and pepperoni, onion and olives, it was given to us the next night in a real pizza box and we ate it in our room.  It was delish.  That was Odyssey but we've done that on other ships too. even in Promenade Cafe.

Ooh, that sounds tasty. 

On 1/20/2023 at 11:52 AM, maggie416 said:

I just purchased a small tray from Amazon. Will hold our 2 cups of coffee, won’t take up any room in the luggage, wish I thought of this yrs ago. A struggle getting back to the room with 2 cups of coffee!

Marg

Can you provide a link or picture?

Thanks.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

OMG  this happened on Odyssey.  Teen gets in the pizza line which is super long, gets to the front and says, "I want 6 large pizzas"   

They tell him no.   They don't do that.  Especially when busy.   He can only get by the slice.

He argues and argues and finally says ok.  I order 72 slices of pizza.

They just stared at him, and gave him all 5 pizzas they had ready and prepared and we all had to wait while they made more.

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

OMG  this happened on Odyssey.  Teen gets in the pizza line which is super long, gets to the front and says, "I want 6 large pizzas"   

They tell him no.   They don't do that.  Especially when busy.   He can only get by the slice.

He argues and argues and finally says ok.  I order 72 slices of pizza.

They just stared at him, and gave him all 5 pizzas they had ready and prepared and we all had to wait while they made more.

I wish there was an eye roll response. 🙄

• Like 1