​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

On 1/31/2023 at 12:34 AM, brillohead said:

It is!  They had health/beauty, home goods, appliances, clothing, and groceries. 

The store is on the second floor, and as I walked in, there was an escalator going up to it and people with grocery carts (southerners call it a "buggy"!) were going up the escalator -- it looked so weird!  Then I realized that it's not a "stair-step" escalator, but more like the "moving walkways" they have in some airports, just at an angle to go uphill/downhill!

It was so funny, I was looking around the health stuff, and they had all kinds of meds available for diarrhea, but all of the laxatives were in plastic security boxes to prevent them from being stolen!  Is constipation really that much of a problem in Mexico?  All I've ever heard of is people ending up with the runs, not the other way around!  LOL

How can I find this place?   I've been to Cozumel many times and totally missed it!

We were on this sailing with y'all and had a great time!  Thank y'all so much for the live even if I tried not to spend too much time on my phone to keep updated and am mostly catching up back home.  It is fun to see how everyone on the same sailing spends their time.  I almost hate to also vouch for Sky Reef as we don't want it getting crowded but love going there.  We have only gone there while staying in Cozumel but never on a port day.  Have never seen it too crowded, fantastic snorkeling, good food, drinks and service.  

The last few sailings while in Cozumel we have gone to No Name Bar for Bloody Marys and to lay out by the pool and then walk downtown to eat at one of our favorite places.  We did recommend last month Sky Reef to a couple fairly new to cruising and glad we saw them at the end of the trip to hear how much they enjoyed it and appreciated the recommendation.  

• Like 5

I thought since Billo is here today this would be a good time to catch up on pics from the x3 that I didn’t find time to post of Maya Chan. 

After being dropped off the is where you enter.

325f54825865ba9ea37b6aa169e10f41_-1.thumb.jpg.b771980fd3a501239f408ee796531654.jpg

This area is where the food will be, the drinks are made and there is area to dine. 

8a8efc65c5302b44e36ebdf51da78dbc_-1.thumb.jpg.83dc11fbe74d1e6bbf001aa15eafa948.jpg

35323a78146e1ffa8e79a15291d88b03_-1.thumb.jpg.1adedbee0225b3560d97ed8cd3ddd3cf.jpg

Also this is where you can pick up life jackets, flippers, etc. 

07f0b724bc777249bcd4f9fd8235fdbf_-1.thumb.jpg.34ca0ef6622368601bec14c3adc330a1.jpg

And if you are not feeling welcomed yet.... 

0ecbaf63b033db4020723b48b716a809_-1.thumb.jpg.4c916f67c3438efa929a663b3b022751.jpg

• Like 12

This place is all inclusive.  Besides the food, drinks and equipment shown above,  they have kayaks.... 

25c32fa13fbd6e3f231e8d29fe99ad3a_-1.thumb.jpg.3cc9a7d02f6b5926c3f1916a5a1b0124.jpg

Some floating tubes.... 

c6b1a6f0469b168c57c6b814a3c88b15_-1.thumb.jpg.6aa0225874102585c9d7ff1e74572be8.jpg

If you have a hard time finding the tubes I am sure Debbi can help.  I am sure she's been in that area.... Zoom in

aae9a92076ba0fe64b439ee5cc0a85cb_-1.thumb.jpg.5e245bbb493eae347c3dbe7a6a65b9cc.jpg

There is also a tree house to hang out in.  A little voice in me kept saying.... Don't do it, don't do it.... 

fceb9ddf7a4e9bd5fb0e1ad8781b7f4d_-1.thumb.jpg.47e888cd72c76b084888f525ac92181f.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

The spots they reserve for you are nice.  We tried to late to reserve.  When they said they were booked up we asked to be on a waiting list.  They came back and offered a place on the beach with chairs and an umbrella.  We really enjoyed it. Here are examples of the beach spots. 

2daabbaa5a6d9924c6755069429635c8_-1.thumb.jpg.30c5abe2667a45cb3e216b47c92d9001.jpg

5134317bb03c48dc6858bdb5d27502d0_-1.thumb.jpg.8c0181145458cbba6f3c569073559035.jpg

Debbi can explain later but here where other sitting spots. 

5cc6afe6a894138e0b461ce9bcfc9691_-1.thumb.jpg.c98d57eef5b3588c9a1986a037e3e24e.jpg

0c5909346c527f302e4d1051073c0922_-1.thumb.jpg.2b5daafa5cd3fab9fd1dc457c20f80d3.jpg

4af1227de4c30d7d45a9da7211345e19_-1.thumb.jpg.f526a0ebf46076b94d35e69655fa4d96.jpg

482e698008af0af67e83df3860a5852c_-1.thumb.jpg.a0c790571e06cec4ff49109fa1649e12.jpg

This is a world I will want to hang out at again! 

348b271c61060bfeb28f8ded59562409_-1.thumb.jpg.711eaf84a58172c720cf667b95cc7114.jpg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm a nurse, and I was known as The Foley Queen on my unit in the hospital, but I have a feeling you're talking about the OTHER kind of Foley.... LOL

I was pretty sure that I knew what your kind of Foley meant, but I looked it up just to be sure.  I'll take Greg's kind of foley instead.  Wonder what kinds of ads I'll see now?

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The spots they reserve for you are nice.  We tried to late to reserve.  When they said they were booked up we asked to be on a waiting list.  They came back and offered a place on the beach with chairs and an umbrella.  We really enjoyed it. Here are examples of the beach spots. 

2daabbaa5a6d9924c6755069429635c8_-1.thumb.jpg.30c5abe2667a45cb3e216b47c92d9001.jpg

5134317bb03c48dc6858bdb5d27502d0_-1.thumb.jpg.8c0181145458cbba6f3c569073559035.jpg

Debbi can explain later but here where other sitting spots. 

5cc6afe6a894138e0b461ce9bcfc9691_-1.thumb.jpg.c98d57eef5b3588c9a1986a037e3e24e.jpg

0c5909346c527f302e4d1051073c0922_-1.thumb.jpg.2b5daafa5cd3fab9fd1dc457c20f80d3.jpg

4af1227de4c30d7d45a9da7211345e19_-1.thumb.jpg.f526a0ebf46076b94d35e69655fa4d96.jpg

This is a world I will want to hang out at again! 

That looks so much nicer than the Malecon! I can't wait until April! I, too, am a fair redhead and wrote to them specifically asking for a full shade palapa and they said that my party of 4 was already booked in full shade. So they must assign spots pretty early. I wonder if we'll be in the same spot as @brillohead

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DonnaK said:

How can I find this place?   I've been to Cozumel many times and totally missed it!

It depends where you know?

Coming from International it is at the beginning of town - after Hotel Cozumel and opposite Hotel Barracuda (No Name Bar)/Jeannie’s.

Easy enough to locate on a map search - you can even do a virtual walk on google and see it.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was pretty sure that I knew what your kind of Foley meant, but I looked it up just to be sure.  I'll take Greg's kind of foley instead.  Wonder what kinds of ads I'll see now?

OMG!!!  I did the same thing.......didn't even think about future 'ads' until you mentioned it.   Learn something new everyday.........😱😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DonnaK said:

Just ask the taxi to take you to the Mega store.  It's in the "downtown" area, not near the area Royal usually docks.  There's a taxi stand right on the street in front of the store, too -- I don't think I waited even two whole minutes for a taxi to get back.  

The address is:
Av. Rafael E. Melgar 799, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico

But I just hopped in a cab and told him "Mega store" and we were off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Kind of like having a drone! I love it. Very smooth. How high is the selfie pole?

I just used the 4ft one.  I wish I would of brought the 10 ft. so when I took the pic of the tree house we could of seen better inside.  I used the 10ft to take the pic I posted from the balcony. 

I showed Caden some of the videos and pics and he was so excited. He started saying, Gpa, we can make a really cool video with those and the pics!  

• Like 2

Y'all... I am officially NEVER doing another Live Thread again.  Y'ALL ARE BAD JUJU!!!!  THIS STUFF NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!!!

Had another wonderful day at Maya Chan.  At 8:00am, I met some first-timers at the Schooner Bar to show them the way to the meet-up spot, and we were off.  Arrived, got hugs, pet Rodas the black Lab, got my massage appointment made, everything was wonderful in Casita Six as always. The day progressed exactly as it always does at Maya Chan.

Then I went to go pee around 3:00, in preparation for my 3:30 taxi time.  And as I'm entering the dining/bar area, I meet two over-beveraged women -- we'll call them Drunk1 and Drunk2.  "YOU'RE DEBBI!  WE'RE GOING TO FOLLOW YOU BACK TO THE SHIP!  JULIE SAID SO!"  Turns out these women were also taking the last taxi back to Allure.  In the half hour from when I met them until when we climbed into the cab, they had two more tequila shots and two more drinks EACH ... and they were nowhere near sober to begin with.

So Drunk2 got in the front seat of the cab, ignoring my instructions to get into the back seat, so I sat in the back with Drunk1.  Drunk2 (who I later found out was also under the influence of "edibles" and Valium!) spent most of the ride asking the driver annoying questions, and he didn't speak a lot of English, and she THOUGHT she could speak some Spanish, but she really couldn't. 

For example, she tried asking him where he was from, and he replied "Veracruz" only she thought that he was saying he was from a cruise ship.  So she asked him where his mother was from (or rather, she TRIED to ask him where his mother was from.... it came out something like, "Donde esto mothero" and the poor cabbie glanced at me in the rearview mirror as if to say, "W T F????" and I said "madre" and he said his mother was from Veracruz as well. Which Drunk2 interpreted as, "Oh, so you inherited the cruise..."  You cannot make this crap up! 

In the meantime, Drunk1 kept talking about how we were going to miss the ship, blah blah blah, and I pointed to the ship and said, "We still have 45 minutes until all-aboard, we're just fine.  The cab will get us to the port at 4:00, and then you'll have 30 minutes to walk to the ship.  You'll be fine."  I think I've blocked out whatever Drunk2 was talking about at this point.  Let's just say it was 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back.  I did recommend to Drunk1 that she tip the cabbie VERY well for having to put up with Drunk2 next to him for the whole drive.  

So, the cabbie drops us off at the inner security gate and we walk across the parking area and are just approaching the first vendor, when Drunk1 says, "Where's my phone?"  Just kill me now, please!!!!  The cab is LONG gone, of course.  She also had to pee really badly, as in doing the peepee dance.  So I sent her forward and told her to pee and come back, while I go about attempting to retrieve the phone. It's probably at least 4:05 at this point, and all-aboard is 4:30.  I have never in my life come even CLOSE to being a pier-runner.... until today.

So I look up Maya Chan's website and find a number in Mexico and a number in the USA.  I tried the MX number first, but didn't get an answer and didn't see the point in leaving a voicemail.  So I called the US number and a woman answered, "Maya Chan."  

Brillo: Is this Jane?
Jane: Yes...
Brillo: So, I just left Maya Chan half an hour ago, and Julie put me in a cab with two drunk girls, and one of them just realized that she left her phone in the cab, so we need to try to find out which cab and get him to come back and all-aboard is in 25 minutes, so time is of the essence here.
Jane: OK, let me give Julie a call!  
Brillo: Thanks, let me know what you find out!

In the meantime, Drunk2 is trying to use "find my iPhone" to locate her friend's phone, and I hear her talking to someone on the phone and telling them all kinds of incorrect stuff ("we were at Costa Maya Beach," etc.) and I asked who she was talking to, and she said it was the cab driver, he found the phone, and I said to give me the phone because she was too drunk for this conversation, and the other person hung up.  So then Drunk2 keeps going off about how rude it was of him to hang up. 

I keep questioning her and she said that HE called HER... which I knew didn't make any sense because if the cabbie found the phone, he wouldn't know who to call.  Turns out that when you're drunk and trying to use "find my iPhone" you instead end up googling a scam website and giving them your phone number, and when the ONLY sober person is trying to tell you that you did that, you don't believe them.  *sigh*

So it's been about ten minutes and I haven't seen Drunk1 return from the bathrooms, and I don't want to go look for her because I am still hoping that the Fates will shine down on us and we can get her phone back. It's 4:15, and I text Jane to see if they've had any luck finding the cabbie. She texts back that they're searching the vehicle now.  Drunk2 keeps wandering off and I have to sit her in a chair with a "Sit/Stay" command.  At 4:18, another text from Jane to go outside the port gate, because the cabbie won't be able to come inside, and the taxi cab number is 216.  Hallelujah!

Now I have to wrangle Drunk2 back out of the parking area, through the first security gate, and down the road to the exterior security gate.  I had made the mistake of telling Drunk2 that the cab number was 216, and she went staggering up to the guard that controls the gate across the road and makes some drunken attempt to tell him what's going on, using more of her version of Spanish.  He points her over to the guardhouse in the center boulevard, and she's off again, telling that poor guard, "Dos Uno Six" like the guy has ANY idea what any of that means.  She keeps trying to talk in "Spanish" and I'm pretty much beyond fed up at this point and tell her, "JUST SPEAK ENGLISH, or better yet, just shut up and let the sober person do the talking!"  

I explained to the guard that Taxi 216 is going to be bringing a phone that another drunk girl left in his car, and a couple minutes later up came our poor driver, who probably sobbed when they told him he had to go back to the drunk girl again!  Drunk2 goes running up to the car and launches herself into the backseat, while the cabbie got out and handed me the phone (and I handed him another cash tip and thanked him profusely).  Now I have to convince Drunk2 to GET OUT OF THE CAR BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE THE PHONE, which took a lot longer to get through her skull than it should have, and now we can head back into port and try to locate Drunk1.

When I say we are the only people in the port area at that time, I mean it.  It was kinda spooky.... just vendors and us.  We walk by the bathrooms but nobody is there, and Drunk2 is yelling Drunk1's name over and over.  I told her that Drunk1 is probably back on the ship, but Drunk2 kept insisting that she was going to get left in port because she didn't have her phone and SeaPass.  No matter how many times I kept telling her that they BOTH had lanyards for their SeaPass, her friend didn't need her phone to get onto the ship, it just didn't sink in.  

I wrangled Drunk2 all the way through the port, and she kept wanting to stop and "take a little rest".  All-aboard was a minute ago, you're half my age and half my weight -- keep walking!!!!  Past the pool and dolphins, around the massage hut, and now she's talking about how she's going to message Drunk1's husband to tell him that she lost her.  ABSOLUTELY NOT -- hand me that phone -- you are WAY too drunk to be messaging anyone, and she's probably on the ship already!

We go past the silver store, into the liquor store, take a left, no you CANNOT stop to rest, keep going, show the guard your SeaPass -- he's not going to scan it, just show him the front of it -- now keep walking down the pier, yes, I know it's a long pier, no you can't stop to rest.  We're halfway down the pier when my phone rings from WhatsApp....

"Mom, are you okay?  Royal just called me....."

My son is listed as my Emergency Contact on my check-in paperwork.  I tell him I'm on the pier now and I'm fine, hold on, now they're calling me....

Guest Services called me finally... I explained that I was currently on the pier, and that I had, "Hey Drunk2, what's your last name?" I was drunk-wrangling Drunk2 LastName down the pier at the moment, and could they please check that "Hey Drunk2, what's Drunk1's last name?" could they confirm that Drunk1 LastName was on board already.  I hear him typing away on his keyboard, and he confirmed that Drunk1 was on the ship, and I told him that we were almost on board too.  

Lots of cheers and jeers from the people watching the not-running pier runners as we came up the pier.  (Of COURSE this had to happen at the port with the longest pier in the history of piers!!!)  A security guard approached and asked what our room numbers were, "Hey Drunk1, what room are you in?" and he wrote it on his latex glove and radioed it in.  

Finally climbed up the gangway, and the Captain is there giving a scolding, "try to do better tomorrow, yada yada yada" and I told him that I have NEVER done this and I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GIRL!!!!  We go through security/x-ray and there stands Drunk1 waiting for us, and she tells me that she lost her purse and wallet (which also had her passport!) when she was in the bathroom. 

She didn't yet realize that I had managed to retrieve the phone, so she was ecstatic when I handed it to her.  Then she asked the security person if they had a lost-and-found, and they pulled out a box and lo and behold, her purse/wallet/passport and her sunglasses were there -- she had left them on the conveyor when she went through the x-ray machine.  It also looked like she had GONE SHOPPING after she went to the bathroom, and that's why she didn't come back to us.  

I wrangled them both up the escalator and questioned them on their room number.  They were in the front of the ship, and we were at the front elevators, so I took them up to their floor and dropped them off, and I was SO GLAD to see the backside of them!!!!

Now I'm off to dinner, and I might treat myself to an extra dessert after all of this!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 28

34 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Y'all... I am officially NEVER doing another Live Thread again.  Y'ALL ARE BAD JUJU!!!!  THIS STUFF NEVER HAPPENS TO ME!!!

Had another wonderful day at Maya Chan.  At 8:00am, I met some first-timers at the Schooner Bar to show them the way to the meet-up spot, and we were off.  Arrived, got hugs, pet Rodas the black Lab, got my massage appointment made, everything was wonderful in Casita Six as always. The day progressed exactly as it always does at Maya Chan.

Then I went to go pee around 3:00, in preparation for my 3:30 taxi time.  And as I'm entering the dining/bar area, I meet two over-beveraged women -- we'll call them Drunk1 and Drunk2.  "YOU'RE DEBBI!  WE'RE GOING TO FOLLOW YOU BACK TO THE SHIP!  JULIE SAID SO!"  Turns out these women were also taking the last taxi back to Allure.  In the half hour from when I met them until when we climbed into the cab, they had two more tequila shots and two more drinks EACH ... and they were nowhere near sober to begin with.

So Drunk2 got in the front seat of the cab, ignoring my instructions to get into the back seat, so I sat in the back with Drunk1.  Drunk2 (who I later found out was also under the influence of "edibles" and Valium!) spent most of the ride asking the driver annoying questions, and he didn't speak a lot of English, and she THOUGHT she could speak some Spanish, but she really couldn't. 

For example, she tried asking him where he was from, and he replied "Veracruz" only she thought that he was saying he was from a cruise ship.  So she asked him where his mother was from (or rather, she TRIED to ask him where his mother was from.... it came out something like, "Donde esto mothero" and the poor cabbie glanced at me in the rearview mirror as if to say, "W T F????" and I said "madre" and he said his mother was from Veracruz as well. Which Drunk2 interpreted as, "Oh, so you inherited the cruise..."  You cannot make this crap up! 

In the meantime, Drunk1 kept talking about how we were going to miss the ship, blah blah blah, and I pointed to the ship and said, "We still have 45 minutes until all-aboard, we're just fine.  The cab will get us to the port at 4:00, and then you'll have 30 minutes to walk to the ship.  You'll be fine."  I think I've blocked out whatever Drunk2 was talking about at this point.  Let's just say it was 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back.  I did recommend to Drunk1 that she tip the cabbie VERY well for having to put up with Drunk2 next to him for the whole drive.  

So, the cabbie drops us off at the inner security gate and we walk across the parking area and are just approaching the first vendor, when Drunk1 says, "Where's my phone?"  Just kill me now, please!!!!  The cab is LONG gone, of course.  She also had to pee really badly, as in doing the peepee dance.  So I sent her forward and told her to pee and come back, while I go about attempting to retrieve the phone. It's probably at least 4:05 at this point, and all-aboard is 4:30.  I have never in my life come even CLOSE to being a pier-runner.... until today.

So I look up Maya Chan's website and find a number in Mexico and a number in the USA.  I tried the MX number first, but didn't get an answer and didn't see the point in leaving a voicemail.  So I called the US number and a woman answered, "Maya Chan."  

Brillo: So, I just left Maya Chan half an hour ago, and Julie put me in a cab with two drunk girls, and one of them just realized that she left her phone in the cab, so we need to try to find out which cab and get him to come back and all-aboard is in 25 minutes, so time is of the essence here.

In the meantime, Drunk2 is trying to use "find my iPhone" to locate her friend's phone, and I hear her talking to someone on the phone and telling them all kinds of incorrect stuff ("we were at Costa Maya Beach," etc.) and I asked who she was talking to, and she said it was the cab driver, he found the phone, and I said to give me the phone because she was too drunk for this conversation, and the other person hung up.  So then Drunk2 keeps going off about how rude it was of him to hang up. 

I keep questioning her and she said that HE called HER... which I knew didn't make any sense because if the cabbie found the phone, he wouldn't know who to call.  Turns out that when you're drunk and trying to use "find my iPhone" you instead end up googling a scam website and giving them your phone number, and when the ONLY sober person is trying to tell you that you did that, you don't believe them.  *sigh*

So it's been about ten minutes and I haven't seen Drunk1 return from the bathrooms, and I don't want to go look for her because I am still hoping that the Fates will shine down on us and we can get her phone back. It's 4:15, and I text Jane to see if they've had any luck finding the cabbie. She texts back that they're searching the vehicle now.  Drunk2 keeps wandering off and I have to sit her in a chair with a "Sit/Stay" command.  At 4:18, another text from Jane to go outside the port gate, because the cabbie won't be able to come inside, and the taxi cab number is 216.  Hallelujah!

Now I have to wrangle Drunk2 back out of the parking area, through the first security gate, and down the road to the exterior security gate.  I had made the mistake of telling Drunk2 that the cab number was 216, and she went staggering up to the guard that controls the gate across the road and makes some drunken attempt to tell him what's going on, using more of her version of Spanish.  He points her over to the guardhouse in the center boulevard, and she's off again, telling that poor guard, "Dos Uno Six" like the guy has ANY idea what any of that means.  She keeps trying to talk in "Spanish" and I'm pretty much beyond fed up at this point and tell her, "JUST SPEAK ENGLISH, or better yet, just shut up and let the sober person do the talking!"  

I explained to the guard that Taxi 216 is going to be bringing a phone that another drunk girl left in his car, and a couple minutes later up came our poor driver, who probably sobbed when they told him he had to go back to the drunk girl again!  Drunk2 goes running up to the car and launches herself into the backseat, while the cabbie got out and handed me the phone (and I handed him another cash tip and thanked him profusely).  Now I have to convince Drunk2 to GET OUT OF THE CAR BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE THE PHONE, which took a lot longer to get through her skull than it should have, and now we can head back into port and try to locate Drunk1.

When I say we are the only people in the port area at that time, I mean it.  It was kinda spooky.... just vendors and us.  We walk by the bathrooms but nobody is there, and Drunk2 is yelling Drunk1's name over and over.  I told her that Drunk1 is probably back on the ship, but Drunk2 kept insisting that she was going to get left in port because she didn't have her phone and SeaPass.  No matter how many times I kept telling her that they BOTH had lanyards for their SeaPass, her friend didn't need her phone to get onto the ship, it just didn't sink in.  

I wrangled Drunk2 all the way through the port, and she kept wanting to stop and "take a little rest".  All-aboard was a minute ago, you're half my age and half my weight -- keep walking!!!!  Past the pool and dolphins, around the massage hut, and now she's talking about how she's going to message Drunk1's husband to tell him that she lost her.  ABSOLUTELY NOT -- hand me that phone -- you are WAY too drunk to be messaging anyone, and she's probably on the ship already!

We go past the silver store, into the liquor store, take a left, no you CANNOT stop to rest, keep going, show the guard your SeaPass -- he's not going to scan it, just show him the front of it -- now keep walking down the pier, yes, I know it's a long pier, no you can't stop to rest.  We're halfway down the pier when my phone rings from WhatsApp....

My son is listed as my Emergency Contact on my check-in paperwork.  I tell him I'm on the pier now and I'm fine, hold on, now they're calling me....

Guest Services called me finally... I explained that I was currently on the pier, and that I had, "Hey Drunk2, what's your last name?" I was drunk-wrangling Drunk2 LastName down the pier at the moment, and could they please check that "Hey Drunk2, what's Drunk1's last name?" could they confirm that Drunk1 LastName was on board already.  I hear him typing away on his keyboard, and he confirmed that Drunk1 was on the ship, and I told him that we were almost on board too.  

Lots of cheers and jeers from the people watching the not-running pier runners as we came up the pier.  (Of COURSE this had to happen at the port with the longest pier in the history of piers!!!)  A security guard approached and asked what our room numbers were, "Hey Drunk1, what room are you in?" and he wrote it on his latex glove and radioed it in.  

Finally climbed up the gangway, and the Captain is there giving a scolding, "try to do better tomorrow, yada yada yada" and I told him that I have NEVER done this and I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS GIRL!!!!  We go through security/x-ray and there stands Drunk1 waiting for us, and she tells me that she lost her purse and wallet (which also had her passport!) when she was in the bathroom. 

She didn't yet realize that I had managed to retrieve the phone, so she was ecstatic when I handed it to her.  Then she asked the security person if they had a lost-and-found, and they pulled out a box and lo and behold, her purse/wallet/passport and her sunglasses were there -- she had left them on the conveyor when she went through the x-ray machine.  It also looked like she had GONE SHOPPING after she went to the bathroom, and that's why she didn't come back to us.  

I wrangled them both up the escalator and questioned them on their room number.  They were in the front of the ship, and we were at the front elevators, so I took them up to their floor and dropped them off, and I was SO GLAD to see the backside of them!!!!

Now I'm off to dinner, and I might treat myself to an extra dessert after all of this!

OMG Debbi... I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying... sorry! Sounds like Drunk1 or was it Drunk2 could have used a foley... and @seadog could provide the other foley... sound effects, that is. If I was on the ship, I would buy you a double shot of your favorite adult beverage.... too funny.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh wow & what a saint you are!!! I hope they realized you saved their a$$.  I got half way through reading this & had to start over out loud so my husband could hear the story.  So glad you made it back on the ship & hopefully someone shows this to the Captain or Cruise Director & they need to give you an award!!! Try to enjoy the rest of your journey. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, brillohead said:

OMG what a story!  🤣Would be funny if you met the geezer along the way who accused you of your phone conversations being transmitted to his hearing aids!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Thank you for the laugh, sorry it happened but wow how nice of you to stick with those girls.  At least you have some good stories for when you get back home.

Hope the rest of your cruise is peaceful.  You deserve another dessert, drink, one or 2 of each 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Don't even know what to say... 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Oh wow & what a saint you are!!! I hope they realized you saved their a$$.  I got half way through reading this & had to start over out loud so my husband could hear the story.  So glad you made it back on the ship & hopefully someone shows this to the Captain or Cruise Director & they need to give you an award!!! Try to enjoy the rest of your journey. 

Well said!

• Like 1