Coastal Kitchen

lbow1984

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

just have to walk up as they do not like to answer phones that much.

I was disappointed in CK on Oasis.  Ate there once and decided to not go again. 

Service was good but food was just okay. 

We found it not appreciably better than MDR.  And our waiter was kinda snooty.  Much friendlier staff in MDR.

We were on the Quantum to Alaska last year and had awful, awful service and food at CK. We have dined at CK on other ships (pre-pandemic) and enjoyed our meals. 

I sent a raw steak back twice. Refrigerator cold in the center. I talked to the restaurant manager who really, really, didn't care. On the Quantum, CK is in the WJ and we actually walked out CK into the WJ a couple of nights to find alternate food.

Hopefully, this was an isolated instance, but we were really disappointed. 

Service in CK is hit and miss like most other dining venues. The atmosphere is usually a bit more intimate as it's a smaller venue but It can get overwhelmed at times and I found the food honestly isn't any better than the MDR. It's not a true suite dining room like on Celebrity.

I’ve been very pleased with CK. Vacation truly starts for me when I sit in CK for lunch on Day 1, away from the chaos of WJ. Having a served breakfast with flowing coffee and servers who know I always have tomato juice & my DH has a very specific cereal, fruit & nut request is the best.

For dinner, Oasis CK can be rather noisy because of the open layout with the lounge. On Anthem CK is more intimate but beverage service slower since the bar was further away.

Although my next cruise with Royal is not until September, I am looking forward to the filet, the tuna with sesame, and the lobster salad!

• Like 1

I found Coastal Kitchen to be our saving grace on the Wonder. Service on the Wonder was great.  It was nice to have a venue that was not very crowded, that you were not seated in someones lap, food was good.  We looked forward to dinners since we were in a junior suite lol. 

It looks like CK has not updated tue menus like the MDR, including still having the classics available.   

Anyone have experience with customizations in CK recently?   I hope they still allow them since they appear to have stopped in the MDR.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Anyone know if you can order off the MDR Menu in Coastal Kitchen?  We are sailing on Harmony of the Seas next week and would like to know. 

Typically, no. However we were in CK on Allure one evening when they were still experiencing post restart outages of some of their main courses, and DW was able to have them get us a main from the MDR instead since she couldn't eat any of the other mains on the CK menu that evening.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Just go and eat the lobster in the WJ!

Absolutely! The seafood buffet on the last evening in WJ on Wonder had all you could eat shrimp, lobster, clams, mussels, calimari, and a wide variety of other choices. Best dinner in two weeks on board.

41 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Anyone know if you can order off the MDR Menu in Coastal Kitchen?  We are sailing on Harmony of the Seas next week and would like to know. 

They offered once when we told them we were going to the MDR the next night.  (I guess they liked our EXTRA nightly gratuities).  They got the entree but obviously hours before our 7 PM dinner time, as it was dry like cardboard when they served it to us.  We politely  left (told them we were meeting friends) and went to the MDR for a delicious dinner.   NEVER  asked again.  ( never really asked in the first place - they offered).   The dining rooms are not near each other, so I imagine getting something from the MDR is difficult.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1