Pinnacle Grill Lunch

CruiserN1

32 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Unfortunately we aren't able to book Pinnacle lunch pre-cruise.  As soon as you're able after boarding your cruise make your reservation(s) quickly.  They can sell out fast.

Do I just go to Pinnacle and ask for a lunch reservation right after boarding? We have two sea days immediately after departing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

Do I just go to Pinnacle and ask for a lunch reservation right after boarding? We have two sea days immediately after departing.

Exactly. You can either head to the Pinnacle, or call there. 
You should also be able to make a reservation at a free-standing podium that will likely be in or near the Lido on embarkation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just my two cents. PG lunches are a bargain regardless of your star status.

From my past cruises, reservations have never been an issue. But then again, we enjoy longer cruises.

Now that you bring it up, it’s one of our traditions to book a PG lunch the day prior to disembarkation. Lot’s of folks are busy with packing and such and I think it’s a great time to enjoy a wonderful, slow lunch with either just yourselves or join with friends to enjoy a “fun farewell” meal versus a seemingly rushed “final night” dinner venue, as it were. JMO.

Regardless, have fun and enjoy.

Be well.

Bob

• Like 7

Love the Pinnacle lunch ,relaxed ,yummy& as 3 star  Mariners we get 25%  off . Much better than the Lido  .Don't forget to book Canaletto & Tamarind if you are sailing in a HAL ship that has Tamarind  .All the special restaurants are very yummy😄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, prescottbob said:

From my past cruises, reservations have never been an issue. But then again, we enjoy longer cruises.

As do we, and longer cruises do allow for more opportunities.

But I've been on 14-day cruises when they were all booked up within the first couple days. OP didn't say how long their cruise will be.

16 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

As do we, and longer cruises do allow for more opportunities.

But I've been on 14-day cruises when they were all booked up within the first couple days. OP didn't say how long their cruise will be.

We have an 11 night sailing, but just three sea days. We've booked dinner in Tamarind for night 7. I like the idea someone suggested about lunch at PG near the end of the cruise. We have a sea day on day 9, then Half Moon Cay, then disembarkation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Pinnacle Lunch is a favorite of ours, especially with the 50% discount!  As stated - book as early as possible.

In terms of booking 'as early as possible', what is your recommendation on the best way to do that after arriving onboard; telephone, visiting the specialty dining reservation station in the atrium, or wherever they happen to set that up, visit the PG venue itself and speak with one of the staff members?

33 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

In terms of booking 'as early as possible', what is your recommendation on the best way to do that after arriving onboard; telephone, visiting the specialty dining reservation station in the atrium, or wherever they happen to set that up, visit the PG venue itself and speak with one of the staff members?

I would go to the Pinnacle Grill and talk to them directly, if they are there.  Less miscommunication that way.  By the way, SOMETIMES the Pinnacle Grill is open for Lunch on a port day. so check with them.  I have seen it when we had a short port day.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CruiserN1 said:

We have an 11 night sailing, but just three sea days. We've booked dinner in Tamarind for night 7. I like the idea someone suggested about lunch at PG near the end of the cruise. We have a sea day on day 9, then Half Moon Cay, then disembarkation.

PG for lunch is very filling, especially if you make it through the dessert (chocolate fudge brownie). We were on N. Statendam in Dec2022, dined for lunch at PG twice, and were too full to have dinner. So try to pick dining for lunch at PG when you might expect to eat light for dinner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

PG for lunch is very filling, especially if you make it through the dessert (chocolate fudge brownie). We were on N. Statendam in Dec2022, dined for lunch at PG twice, and were too full to have dinner. So try to pick dining for lunch at PG when you might expect to eat light for dinner.

Great point. Definitely would be best to schedule for a sea day that isn't a Gala night.

30 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Good point and exactly what we try to do.

1 hour ago, KroozNut said:

My tip for Embarkation Day Specialty Restaurant dining reservations is to visit the temporary podium located next to the beverage display just outside the Deck 9 Spa entrance.  I have never seen a line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

We love PG for lunch. We've never had trouble making reservations while on board and it is rarely full for lunch. If you know when you want to go, find the "reservations" podium once you get on board. It is near the PG and will be easy to find. Make a noon res for best seating options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, friendswithdave said:

We love PG for lunch. We've never had trouble making reservations while on board and it is rarely full for lunch. If you know when you want to go, find the "reservations" podium once you get on board. It is near the PG and will be easy to find. Make a noon res for best seating options.

I've tried to get in many times in the past and it was fully booked for lunch.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:44 AM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've tried to get in many times in the past and it was fully booked for lunch.

At what point after boarding (typically) did you unsuccessfully try, and which method(s) did you use?