🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If that is true,to sell those balcony cabins now for the full cruise they are going to have to reduce the prices you would think there is no way they could sell them as high as the early people who booked at those high prices.

Not with the way prices are now for segments.

Its completely true.  There are 3 different inventories.

WC full voyage

WC 4 segments

17 mini segments.

Lots of balconies left in the 4 segments, some more than others.

My guess is they won't release them until after final payments gor WC and the 4 segments. 

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its completely true.  There are 3 different inventories.

WC full voyage

WC 4 segments

17 mini segments.

Lots of balconies left in the 4 segments, some more than others.

My guess is they won't release them until after final payments gor WC and the 4 segments. 

What about balconies availability  for full voyage? If available,are prices lower now or the same as the early prices?

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Minimal, same price. 

Guess they won't lower them until after final or just sell all balconies later in 4 segments or the mini segments so not to upset the full voyage people

Edited by Jimbo

On 5/1/2023 at 10:15 PM, Jimbo said:

Guess they won't lower them until after final or just sell all balconies later in 4 segments or the mini segments so not to upset the full voyage people

Maybe that’s when you’ll hop on board 😁

sorry….I couldn’t resist 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/24/2023 at 3:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

The World Cruise is currently being marketed as 4 segments

Miami - Los Angeles

Los Angeles - Dubai

Dubai - Barcelona

Barcelona - Miami

But they announced back in December that it is actually 17 individual legs

These would be released to fill any unsold space, no guarantees on availability

Yesterday they announced the breakdown to us

Miami - Rio, Dec 10 - Jan 5

Rio - Valparaiso, Jan 5 - Jan 23

Valparaiso - Los Angeles, Jan 23 - Feb 11

Los Angeles - Brisbane, Feb 11 - March 11

Brisbane - Hong Kong, March 11 - March 27

Hong Kong - Beijing, March 27 - April 8

Beijing - Singapore, April 8 - April 24

Singapore - Dubai, April 24 - May 9

Dubai - Athens, May 9 - May 27

Athens - Istanbul, May 27 - June 7

Istanbul - Venice, June 7 - June 20

Venice - Rome, June 20 - Jul 1

Rome - Barcelona, July 1 - July 10

Barcelona - Southampton, July 10 - July 26

Southampton - Copenhagen, July 26 - August 10

Copenhagen - Amsterdam, August 10 - August 19

Amsterdam - Miami, August 19 - September 10

Anyone want to come along 😁 

Well it looks like I am joining the Copenhagen 1way to AMS since my Jewel OTS was cancelled. Who knew I would be on one of the legs but I had choices and then I noticed special words on website above itinerary description when looking for replacement cruise.

While not going to all the way up in Norway it will go to Oslo and Aarhus which is great news to me.

So perhaps I will get to meet you.

toodles

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Well it looks like I am joining the Copenhagen 1way to AMS since my Jewel OTS was cancelled. Who knew I would be on one of the legs but I had choices and then I noticed special words on website above itinerary description when looking for replacement cruise.

While not going to all the way up in Norway it will go to Oslo and Aarhus which is great news to me.

So perhaps I will get to meet you.

toodles

Sail date and itinerary of Jewel that was cancelled, any idea why it was cancelled that far out?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Sail date and itinerary of Jewel that was cancelled, any idea why it was cancelled that far out?

moving Jewel to Israel after only a couple of Baltic area cruises.  oh well

I now get to go to Oslo and the Serenade will be my next crystal if I calculate correctly and I do not have that class yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

moving Jewel to Israel after only a couple of Baltic area cruises.  oh well

I now get to go to Oslo and the Serenade will be my next crystal if I calculate correctly and I do not have that class yet

Jewel is also doing several British Isles cruises in summer 2024 - before it moves from Amsterdam. I'm on the June one, so I hope RCI doesn't cancel it!

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:30 PM, NancyIL said:

Jewel is also doing several British Isles cruises in summer 2024 - before it moves from Amsterdam. I'm on the June one, so I hope RCI doesn't cancel it!

I hear you.  Last year they cancel what would have been a good 7 day cruise on Voyager doingjust 2 port in Norway and 2 ports in Denmark.

I fell RCI is changing ships more frequently and when booking what looks like a great trip, could end uo cancelled.   So annoying

• 2 weeks later...

@John&LaLa

does that Wcfriends code expire at some point? And can it be used at NextCruise? We are next on a ship in July, and my wife is hoping to convince some of the friends we are cruising with to join us on one of the mini legs. 

10 hours ago, jacobtsf said:

@John&LaLa

does that Wcfriends code expire at some point? And can it be used at NextCruise? We are next on a ship in July, and my wife is hoping to convince some of the friends we are cruising with to join us on one of the mini legs. 

Yea, it expired after about a month. Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Royal had a webinar yesterday for full world cruise folks.

A couple of new modifications to the cabins mentioned. Biggest surprise was adding USB and power outlets near the bed

Italso  seems those on full trip get way more privileges than those onboard for part of the trip

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Italso  seems those on full trip get way more privileges than those onboard for part of the trip

Considering how much you're paying for it I would hope you do.

• Like 5

The price of the mini segments seems to have risen significantly recently. Out of curiosity I went to check what the 9-night Rome to Barcelona mini segment would cost and surprisingly this is over half as much as what I paid for 35 nights (three mini segments between Athens and Rome). 

@John&LaLa Interesting about the USB! Having just last month done a B2B across Ovation then Radiance, USB ports were very much missed on the second ship. So a big plus if Serenade will have USB ports! 😀 Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marquisite said:

The price of the mini segments seems to have risen significantly recently. Out of curiosity I went to check what the 9-night Rome to Barcelona mini segment would cost and surprisingly this is over half as much as what I paid for 35 nights (three mini segments between Athens and Rome). 

@John&LaLa Interesting about the USB! Having just last month done a B2B across Ovation then Radiance, USB ports were very much missed on the second ship. So a big plus if Serenade will have USB ports! 😀 Thanks for sharing.

Not sure which type of USB, though 

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

OBC per leg

Access to laundry room 

Ability to bring wine onboard

Additional complimentary excursions

Kinda surprised that the segmenters cannot bring wine onboard.  Also surprised to hear that the segmenters have ANY complimentary excursions.

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Kinda surprised that the segmenters cannot bring wine onboard.  Also surprised to hear that the segmenters have ANY complimentary excursions.

Now I’m wondering….we’re on 2 segments and as our D+ level we get 2 bottles of wine on cruises. So is that not the case for the segments? Not that we really need it because we get 5 drinks each daily and I never use all mine,

we didn’t get any excursions that I was aware of…..

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

How many types of USB are there? That would be a great improvement to all the Radiance class ships!

At the end that plugs into a power source - two - USB A and USB C; at the end that plugs into a device, there are six:

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1