🌐Serenade Ultimate World Cruise - 17 leg breakdown

John&LaLa

16 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

How are all the old farts on this sailing getting refills on their meds?  🙄

That’s a good question. I take four “maintenance” meds and only get a 90 day supply. There must be a way to obtain a longer supply (I’ve never had the need to inquire).

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

If they are willing to break in down into 17 segments sends the message that it’s not selling as fast as they thought it would, probably because of the length and price.

Can’t imagine the mess of having to board and debark partial cruisers 17 times.

I don't see it that way. Just trying to maximize revenue. Almost half the cabins are full trip folks from what I understand. Lots of folks doing segments. 

This is just the scraps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

That’s a good question. I take four “maintenance” meds and only get a 90 day supply. There must be a way to obtain a longer supply (I’ve never had the need to inquire).

Controlled meds (schedule 4) seem to be the hardest to acquire. 

Plus we stop in Cozumel in the first week😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't see it that way. Just trying to maximize revenue. Almost half the cabins are full trip folks from what I understand. Lots of folks doing segments. 

This is just the scraps

Definitely the scraps.  No suites and few balconies will make even selling the 17 segments more difficult especially if they try to preserve the per day pricing that they have for the guests on the full voyage or the segments.  I can't imagine them dropping prices too much and the backlash that would bring from those guests.

On a different note Vikki and I were talking about this cruise tonight and she aske if because if this sailing would that mean there will be a lot less Pins on the other ships.😂

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely the scraps.  No suites and few balconies will make even selling the 17 segments more difficult especially if they try to preserve the per day pricing that they have for the guests on the full voyage or the segments.  I can't imagine them dropping prices too much and the backlash that would bring from those guests.

On a different note Vikki and I were talking about this cruise tonight and she aske if because if this sailing would that mean there will be a lot less Pins on the other ships.😂

Definetely a lot more Pins when we get back to Miami. Fat ones, no doubt🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Folks in our FB group are hoping for Royal Ups🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Definetely a lot more Pins when we get back to Miami. Fat ones, no doubt🤣🤣

Arer they going to put locks on the laundry room doors and code your seapass cards so that only full voyage guests have access or are they going to allow those on the legs to use it as well

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

How are all the old farts on this sailing getting refills on their meds?  🙄

You will just find us old farts laying in the hallway later in the cruise feet up.....    😵

But thanks for caring!  

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

And big time away from family.

Funny you should mention that.   All I have is my sister and DH, (who is already with me 😉 ).  

Sister is flying out to two of the island we will dock up at, to enjoy some stay there and greet us at the ship when we come in...  spending the day with us on shore.  😉 

And no pets.  Sadly they have left this world, but miss them still.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

Funny you should mention that.   All I have is my sister and DH, (who is already with me 😉 ).  

Sister is flying out to two of the island we will dock up at, to enjoy some stay there and greet us at the ship when we come in...  spending the day with us on shore.  😉 

And no pets.  Sadly they have left this world, but miss them still.  

Yes, pets is definitely another consideration.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

Edúcate me - how do you get double the points?

1 point for a cabin

1 extra point if you are in a suite (including Junior Suite)

1 extra point if you are solo in a double occupancy room

• Thanks 1

I’m really hoping this goes well for all of you and for Royal.  I’d love to see them do a world cruise maybe every other year.  We just can’t commit to that length of time.  For us, 4 months would be about the max.  The segments are great but then you lose some perks and one way airfare is getting awful.  I’m still hoping we can do a world cruise in the next 5 years and we’d love to do it on Royal.  

Southhampton to Amsterdam sounds fun to do again.  

• Like 2