New website.

Riocca

Posted elsewhere:

Just to ease people's minds. I boarded the Journey yesterday even tho I was unable to check in prior. Just needed my passport. OBC in correct amount showed in account on the TV that evening. Please don't stress if you're boarding soon, it should be fine. And those currently freaking out about cruises occuring months from now, please find something else to stress about, this is not it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It is currently not possible to make a new booking or pay to upgrade an existing booking through a travel agent in the UK. I sat with my travel agent for 90 minutes today each time she was disconnected, and then finally the message came up that the office was closed.  Now, in my case, the booking plan will still stand, but for many other potential guests, they will just walk away and head to another cruise line today where things can be serviced. 
it is disappointing because in this tight marketplace, I am sure Azamara would want a free reservation  

Also highlights, when people say, talk to your travel agent, actually it’s no better for them

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not stressing at all, as I know it will all get sorted out - but my account, which was right from day 1 is now showing no loyalty points and no upcoming cruise. 

In the same place,twice no cruises and they come back.zero points fir a month

9 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You have to then go back up & click Search after entering destination and date range

I have tried everything. I select the filters I want, but will not display any cruises. Been trying for several weeks but no luck 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:25 AM, Dididi said:

We were on the Azamara Pursuit (April 15-24th).  Had a fantastic time, comparable to our pre-COVID cruises.  Service onboard was excellent and we were happy to see crew members we had previously met.  Boarding was smooth and quick.  The correct OBC amount was reflected on our account -- our "debt" was gone.  Indian buffet was awesome.

But we have not received the post-cruise survey, unlike in previous Azamara cruises.  Can't provide our feedback nor acknowledge staff members who went the extra mile.  How do I do this?  Ms. Cabezas's two emails don't provide a way to communicate with her.  Calling the line for help, as I learned before the cruise, isn't an option.

Our itinerary changed three days before we boarded. The two overnights in Haifa and Ashdod were changed to an overnight in Alexandria and stops in Rhodes and Hagia Nikolaos (Crete).  Fortunately we booked an overnight private tour to visit Cairo before we left home.  The ship's tour options, unavailable until we boarded, were limited and some passengers weren't able to book tours for the two days in Egypt.  

At the end of the cruise we learned that everyone will get 15% OBC of the cruise price paid in compensation for the change of itinerary.  I've saved the OBC letter and all screenshots about our loyalty level and points for future reference/discussion. Not making another booking until everything is sorted.

The canceled Israel tours have not been credited to my credit card.  That is what the port cancellation letter stated Azamara would do.  Thus, I've made a claim to be sorted out between Azamara and the bank.

In sum, fantastic cruise despite the itinerary change.  Got to see the pyramids!  But the website and customer support sides of the experience have been very disappointing.  Not a way to attract new customer nor to retain the current ones.

8F497830-8A0F-4C54-8E40-A5CF72C3444F.heic 2.29 MB · 25 downloads

Was any reason given ( or rumoured ) for the change in itinerary. We are booked for Oct 2024 with 2 overnights in Israel and wondering if we will also see changes.

1 hour ago, mackfam said:

I have tried everything. I select the filters I want, but will not display any cruises. Been trying for several weeks but no luck 

Same here, it appears the website still has some major issues.  This all looks bad, I hope it is resolved in the near future.  They have to be loosing tones of potential bookings, because the website isn't working and the phone lines are still unanswered.... doesn't look good.  Mrs Banjo and I have B to B cruises in Jan 2024, and i am starting to wonder if I should be looking at some alternate lines.... Just in case.

Edited by crusinbanjo

It is easy to say don’t stress, it will be fine onboard.  They will not deny you boarding  and the crew will work very hard to make everything right, but unfortunately they do not have all the info onboard either.  We already sailed right at the beginning of this mess and they knew our loyalty status but not everyone’s.  People we were traveling with had earned free nights but they could not be verified and as a result could not use them.  The sales team could not sell anything on the cruise before ours.  For ours you filled out a form and the sales team got back to you ( they did not have much live data) We had issues with excursions and OBC.  We also tried to book tours on our summer cruise.      ( they really tried to push this onboard because of a less expensive rate) but they had no record of our OBC and the home office never got back to them.  We had a copy of our invoice…..but, they said they could not do anything without it being in our booking.  We loved our cruise ( really) , but should not have had to stand in line, go to the tour desk everyday for follow up ( they were swamped) and have to spend time at Guest Relations.  These are not inexpensive cruises and we just expect to go on vacation and have it be a vacation.  I don’t want to go through the same thing again on the next cruise but it is looking that way.  I don’t want to book excursions and pay in advance against the OBC.  On the ship they said the $$ had to be in the booking record…..it is not in there now and at this rate, I am not sure it will be.  Plus, on the last cruise, the tours I booked using my credit card were not credited back to my card.  They issued it to our onboard account as a non refundable OBC.  Again,  not stress…..but things to fix  that took time away from my vacation.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, uktog said:

It is currently not possible to make a new booking or pay to upgrade an existing booking through a travel agent in the UK. I sat with my travel agent for 90 minutes today each time she was disconnected, and then finally the message came up that the office was closed.  Now, in my case, the booking plan will still stand, but for many other potential guests, they will just walk away and head to another cruise line today where things can be serviced. 
it is disappointing because in this tight marketplace, I am sure Azamara would want a free reservation  

Also highlights, when people say, talk to your travel agent, actually it’s no better for them

Interesting. I talked to my daughter TA today and this week she rang Azamara on behalf of another client. She got through straight away and got the issue sorted.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Interesting. I talked to my daughter TA today and this week she rang Azamara on behalf of another client. She got through straight away and got the issue sorted.

Well something is up because between 1330 and 1515 I sat beside the agent as she tried.  Clearly is it not working if a major High Street agent cannot get through for that length of time.  We have decided to abandon the plans for that quick trip away, because of the delay it gave us a chance to look at something else and opted for that.

Does anyone know how to fill out the documents page for an upcoming cruise. In the Covid vaccine section it asks for document number, name, issue and expiration dates. Nothing like that on my vaccination card. Won’t let you submit the other info like passport and trusted traveler un less all boxes about vaccination are filled. Makes no sense to me. Can anyone help?
thanks

1 hour ago, nonrev1 said:

I have not been able to get through and my last attempt at pressing 1 for a call back did not work either.  My agent cannot get through.  Maybe you can send some magic this way!  

Perhaps your agent can email their bdm.  If they’re trying today, Azamara is closed on Sunday 

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, IRGolfer said:

Does anyone know how to fill out the documents page for an upcoming cruise. In the Covid vaccine section it asks for document number, name, issue and expiration dates. Nothing like that on my vaccination card. Won’t let you submit the other info like passport and trusted traveler un less all boxes about vaccination are filled. Makes no sense to me. Can anyone help?
thanks

Ignore it all.  Personal experience two weeks ago was that check-in was rapid and easy without any of that data completed.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IRGolfer said:

Does anyone know how to fill out the documents page for an upcoming cruise.

Don’t know if this can even be accomplished with the current problems.  I’ve twice tried to complete the forms and upload documents and photos, etc., and the website does not save any of the info. 

3 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

It is easy to say don’t stress, it will be fine onboard.  They will not deny you boarding  and the crew will work very hard to make everything right, but unfortunately they do not have all the info onboard either.  We already sailed right at the beginning of this mess and they knew our loyalty status but not everyone’s.  People we were traveling with had earned free nights but they could not be verified and as a result could not use them.  The sales team could not sell anything on the cruise before ours.  For ours you filled out a form and the sales team got back to you ( they did not have much live data) We had issues with excursions and OBC.  We also tried to book tours on our summer cruise.      ( they really tried to push this onboard because of a less expensive rate) but they had no record of our OBC and the home office never got back to them.  We had a copy of our invoice…..but, they said they could not do anything without it being in our booking.  We loved our cruise ( really) , but should not have had to stand in line, go to the tour desk everyday for follow up ( they were swamped) and have to spend time at Guest Relations.  These are not inexpensive cruises and we just expect to go on vacation and have it be a vacation.  I don’t want to go through the same thing again on the next cruise but it is looking that way.  I don’t want to book excursions and pay in advance against the OBC.  On the ship they said the $$ had to be in the booking record…..it is not in there now and at this rate, I am not sure it will be.  Plus, on the last cruise, the tours I booked using my credit card were not credited back to my card.  They issued it to our onboard account as a non refundable OBC.  Again,  not stress…..but things to fix  that took time away from my vacation.  

I didn't write what I posted myself, I copied what someone else had reported...

10 hours ago, mackfam said:

Click filters, choose what category you want to filter & pick your options.  Scroll back up & click the little arrow on the left side of the category you just completed to go back to the filters categories (NOT the browser's back arrow). Choose another filter category & the option you want. Continue this until you finish the last filter you want. Do NOT click the search button. Instead, just scroll down to see cruises available with the filter(s) applied.

Screenshot_20230430_221759_Chrome.thumb.jpg.20f93565056aafd62cf31858b7d5b0c1.jpg

All filters applied:

Screenshot_20230430_221834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.400d8904d8bab5897b336e60d7ddb3f1.jpg

Scroll down to see filtered cruises:

Screenshot_20230430_221853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.378b72111acc8cbf6cbb4251002a645f.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

My agent also UK was on hold for 4 hours and then disconnected, she said it happens every day.

• Thanks 1

See below. Where is this website transition work being done? What professional, luxury cruise line says “wanna”? This reads like one of the essays I read from international students.  Outsourced to a developing country? 

IMG_8590.jpeg

Edited by lahore
  • Like 5
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Millennials trying to be trendy totally missing any understanding of what Azamara is about 

I am not sure they understand the demographics of AZ cruisers.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, nonrev1 said:

I don’t believe a word of that e mail either. My $1550 in  onboard credit is nowhere to be seen. My loyalty points are incorrect.

Our three cruises are listed but the OBC, fare, and loyalty points are incorrect.

• Like 1