New website.

Riocca

• 3 weeks later...

Just received the following email relating to our upcoming 25th March cruise, I assume that we can expect a few weeks disruption while they migrate information to the new system.

March 8, 2023

Dear Azamara Guest,

Azamara will undergo an IT systems migration starting on March 16, 2023, and we do not expect the migration to be completed before your cruise begins. Therefore, the last day you will be able to pre-book or cancel Shore Excursions before your upcoming cruise will be March 15th. Any Shore Excursions booked pre-cruise before the IT migration will remain booked. In addition, you will still be able to book and cancel Shore Excursions while onboard your cruise.

Thank you for your patience as we implement our systems upgrade. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely, 

AZAMARA®

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

Just received the following email relating to our upcoming 25th March cruise, I assume that we can expect a few weeks disruption while they migrate information to the new system.

March 8, 2023

Dear Azamara Guest,

Azamara will undergo an IT systems migration starting on March 16, 2023, and we do not expect the migration to be completed before your cruise begins. Therefore, the last day you will be able to pre-book or cancel Shore Excursions before your upcoming cruise will be March 15th. Any Shore Excursions booked pre-cruise before the IT migration will remain booked. In addition, you will still be able to book and cancel Shore Excursions while onboard your cruise.

Thank you for your patience as we implement our systems upgrade. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely, 

AZAMARA®

Interesting.  I got one yesterday that was worded slightly differently and which had an end-date for the freeze period.  Presumably it's because your cruise starts just after the freeze perio.

So hopefully it's only a 4 day migration.

Brand

March 8, 2023

Dear Azamara Guests,

Azamara will undergo an IT systems migration from March 16, 2023, through March 20, 2023. During this time, you will not be able to pre-book or cancel Shore Excursions for your upcoming cruise. Any Shore Excursions booked pre-cruise before the IT migration will remain booked. In addition, you will be able to pre-book or cancel existing reservations when the migration is complete.

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Edited by fruitmachine
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Interesting.  I got one yesterday that was worded slightly differently and which had an end-date for the freeze period.  Presumably it's because your cruise starts just after the freeze perio.

So hopefully it's only a 4 day migration.

Brand

March 8, 2023

Dear Azamara Guests,

Azamara will undergo an IT systems migration from March 16, 2023, through March 20, 2023. During this time, you will not be able to pre-book or cancel Shore Excursions for your upcoming cruise. Any Shore Excursions booked pre-cruise before the IT migration will remain booked. In addition, you will be able to pre-book or cancel existing reservations when the migration is complete.

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Thank you for the info. Looking forward to the new website.

The Azamara/Celebrity IT linkage seems to be working right up to the final cutoff:  points for February 'Power Up' activities have posted on both Celebrity and Azamara accounts, and one poster reports that points for their Celebrity cruise (completed last Sunday) also show in their Azamara account.  [This latest delay got me 6 more points in Azamara, which means I'm 'only' 2208 away from Discoverer Platinum!  Wow, that should happen any minute now!!!]

• Haha 3

Still waiting for points from our Quest Sydney to Perth that finished 3 weeks ago today.

Have written to several areas over the past week, but no response from any.

Keen to have the points visible prior to the IT change!

49 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Still waiting for points from our Quest Sydney to Perth that finished 3 weeks ago today.

Those of us on Onward Lima to Miami that finished Feb 28 were awarded “0” points. A call to post- cruise satisfaction said we most likely will not see correct points awarded until after the IT changeover. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

My 6th February cruise (same one you were on) is showing when I log in but with zero points against it. 

Edited by Westaussie

1 hour ago, floridafolks said:

Those of us on Onward Lima to Miami that finished Feb 28 were awarded “0” points. A call to post- cruise satisfaction said we most likely will not see correct points awarded until after the IT changeover. 

That's just not good enough when they suggest "up to 10 days for points to appear"

18 minutes ago, Westaussie said:

My 6th February cruise (same one you were on) is showing when I log in but with zero points against it. 

That's the same as we have.

No response from any of the sources I have emailed.

Not good enough when they say "up to 10 days for points to appear"

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

That's the same as we have.

No response from any of the sources I have emailed.

Not good enough when they say "up to 10 days for points to appear"

I understand your angst but having experience of these IT migrations it would be better, post the cut off date, to add points to the new system which you can’t see than the old one that you. Remember the current website is Royal Caribbean’s and they won’t want Azamara points added to their system as they would have to remove them afterwards because of the link to Celebrity. Same as Celebrity points added to the current system can be seen on Azamara no doubt these won’t be showing on Azamara’s new system.

Might be best to consider the old system dead as I’m pretty sure the new system is running in the background during the migration, hopefully all will go smoothly but unfortunately there’s bound to be some problems to resolve afterwards.

Edited by Riocca
Added information
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Azamara/Celebrity IT linkage seems to be working right up to the final cutoff:  points for February 'Power Up' activities have posted on both Celebrity and Azamara accounts, and one poster reports that points for their Celebrity cruise (completed last Sunday) also show in their Azamara account.  [This latest delay got me 6 more points in Azamara, which means I'm 'only' 2208 away from Discoverer Platinum!  Wow, that should happen any minute now!!!]

I’m pretty sure the points shown on the Azamara page are just a mirror of the Celebrity page given the way RC seem to write their software, so post the cut off date I would disregard anything you see on the current version. 

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 2

They’ve enough on their plates with the migration let’s leave them to get on with it and not chase them.  
As @Rioccasays there will be parallel running and probably a file of manual adjustments to bring over. I’d leave it until mid April before chasing anything. I’m sure if you’re sailing during that period the onboard team will make sure your level is correctly recognised during your cruise even if they system may be lagging a little

PS on the website mines been wrong for 2 years in terms of points but they always knew the correct points onboard 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 6

Well it’s the 16th March and on (revised) schedule the website migration has started, the website is still available for information with a clear notice that account access and bookings are unavailable.

It’s very clearly not the RC website but from what is available they have included the DNA of what we are used to, obviously there are lots of broken links and dead ends as you would expect but if this actually is the real thing it looks promising.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

Well it’s the 16th March and on (revised) schedule the website migration has started, the website is still available for information with a clear notice that account access and bookings are unavailable.

It’s very clearly not the RC website but from what is available they have included the DNA of what we are used to, obviously there are lots of broken links and dead ends as you would expect but if this actually is the real thing it looks promising.

I agree.  Just scrolling through it, I like the look and feel of it, they’ve added what looks to be much more than just select cruises, with easy to find information on each ship, club level information.  Looking forward to a completely functional website, I hope the transition goes smoothly and as planned.

• Like 4

I was checking out the website.  The October 31 Spanish Intensive 2023 is not on the website at all!  Of course, this is the one we have booked.  I’ll have to look again tomorrow.   I am not trying to access my booking, just looking at the cruises in general.    

6 hours ago, KY Deb said:

I was checking out the website.  The October 31 Spanish Intensive 2023 is not on the website at all!  Of course, this is the one we have booked.  I’ll have to look again tomorrow.   I am not trying to access my booking, just looking at the cruises in general.    

This happened a few weeks ago to me on a Croatia Intensive.  When I realised that every cruise docking in Venice was affected, I guessed that it was purely them updating itineraries.

• Like 4

Playing around on the new website it looks like the upgrade bidding programme is getting linked into the website.  It was not clearly mentioned there in the past but has its own (still inactive) tab under "booked guests"

• Like 1

At the moment on the UK site the headline cruise fare [in sterling] does not include port fees, taxes etc and these extra charges are shown in much smaller figures as an add on.  This may be the American practice but I believe here that the headline figure should be fully inclusive of such fees and charges [It certainly is for airline charges]..  Hope that Azamara gets this sorted before going live with the new site

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, berkshireboy said:

At the moment on the UK site the headline cruise fare [in sterling] does not include port fees, taxes etc and these extra charges are shown in much smaller figures as an add on.  This may be the American practice but I believe here that the headline figure should be fully inclusive of such fees and charges [It certainly is for airline charges]..  Hope that Azamara gets this sorted before going live with the new site

Absolutely.

In fact it's unlawful to not include any compulsory charges & fees in the headline rate

• Like 1