Some earth shattering news that will scandalise some on board.......

roscoe39

I have to report something I suspect  that will scandalise some and I am surprised that it has not been picked up by anyone before.

For years I have walked the promonade deck in the "clockwise" tradition - a personal foible that I am probably best  known for....it seems some old timers consider the correct direction to be Anticlockwise..... a fact, I have always disputed..

But .there seems to be a change in policy on board and now the signs point now in the correct direction  to some ....... clockwise

Photos on my blog

butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

Not that I am stirring the pot .......lol....... but thank you you're welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• Host Hattie changed the title to Some earth shattering news that will scandalise some on board.......
9 hours ago, Wonky said:

So I assume one jogs in the opposite direction? Nothing worse than trying to say excuse me to a thousand people, whilst at the same time trying not to frighten them! 

Actually I think that would be quite sensible. Even more sensible still would be not to jog at all. No good can come of it. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

What happens if you walk around the promenade deck the wrong way?

The Wrong Way Police will frown at you!!  😄

I did it once, by mistake obviously  being a law abiding passenger 👍. Got some filthy looks so followed the herd after that!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

On Cunard ships do you keep to the left hand or right hand side of the hallways?

Canadians and Americans walk on the right side, while English walk on the correct side (left) of hallway 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

In corridors - are those hallways? - I keep to the side with a handrail.

On bouncy sea days, I get my extra steps in by lurching side to side, handrail to handrail. I can double the steps normally taken for a straight line yomp. 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alc13 said:

Excuse me for being dogmatic, and apologies to @roscoe39, but the correct direction is anti-clockwise! 

First the relaxing of the dress code, now this.

Sorry, but in what sense of correct? Or is it simply what happens in US? Anyway, for now, on QV, it seems not to be the case.

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

On Cunard ships do you keep to the left hand or right hand side of the hallways?

When anyone is approaching me I'll move out out the way , however, let's just hope after reading the original post , any newbies walking onto Queens Room Dance floor don't attempt to move forward  Clock wise .      

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

When anyone is approaching me I'll move out out the way , however, let's just hope after reading the original post , any newbies walking onto Queens Room Dance floor don't attempt to move forward  Clock wise .      

hahahah......now that's an idea...thanks......pictures to come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alc13 said:

Excuse me for being dogmatic, and apologies to @roscoe39, but the correct direction is anti-clockwise! 

First the relaxing of the dress code, now this.

Perhaps in the northern hemisphere but the OP is from New Zealand and rotation is different down there.... witness the flushing water in a toilet bowl.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Perhaps in the northern hemisphere but the OP is from New Zealand and rotation is different down there.... witness the flushing water in a toilet bowl.

thank you! that is the excuse that I have used in the past much to the annoyance of some crazy who is pointing out to me that it is tradition to go anti-clockwise on ships.. I actually have no idea why they have changed it, but there seems to be much confusion for the walkers now as some traditionalists are scandalised and others are defiant. I.....on the other hand am mildly amused. 

It's fun to be right...... as Judge Judy says, I've only ever been wrong once and it was in 1967.

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1