No exchanges anymore for mini bar to coffee?

teacherplus

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

carnival will never dig itself out of the crater it’s been in for the last 3 years and bankruptcy will be the end result. 

Just be sure to charge any cruise on your credit card   just in case it happens. 

Having recently retired where I had 10,000 customers the utmost important part of a companies success is “LOYALTY” it usually is just doing the little things, things that don’t really cost you much money. Trust me is cost a whole hell of a lot to find a new customer than it does to keep the ones you have feeling appreciated and happy.

And to add insult to injury our cruise in 2 weeks qualifies us to Elite, was looking forward to just the brewed coffee not even the fancy ones. The ships coffee is in drinkable garbage, I only drink fresh brewed. Really disappointed. So now in the future if I sail another line here and there tell me did Princess gain or lose money over a coffee card? 

Edited by Kineticoh20
  • Like 7

Here's another minor complaint I have. No more elite/suite line at customer service, at least not on the Sky last week. Minor but annoying.

I'm wondering how soon it's going to be that they lock a single internet package to a single device, rather than to one device at a time. That's certainly doable, and since they're shaking us all down for every additional penny, it seems to me that they'd see this as another revenue stream. 

I'm not all that angry at Princess, just several little annoyances that will factor into whether I continue cruising on Princess or go off and be annoyed by another company.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

I am missing something.  How is this "New" package mentioned in the article different from the package by the same name that Princess has had since pre-covid days.  They appear to be the same thing.

I read it as a coffee package similar to the other beverage packages which would probably be on a per person per day charge like the soda package as opposed to a one-time charge for a specific number of coffees. Granted that the article is a few weeks old and lacking any details, we won't really know until Princess actually makes an announcement. 

On 3/5/2023 at 12:40 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Me too, but lately, it’s been reported on CC to ask Room Steward.

I’m so confused. 🤪

It doesn’t appear to be consistent.  On Royal a few months ago we called room service to swap and they said talk to steward because they handle it now.  On discovery last month we asked steward and he said call room service.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't read all the back comments so this may be old news. We just returned yesterday from a week on the Ruby. I asked to exchange our mini bar set up for the 2 coffee pkgs like I've done previously. They said they no longer do that. Very disappointed that another elite perk has been removed. 😭

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

I haven't read all the back comments so this may be old news. We just returned yesterday from a week on the Ruby. I asked to exchange our mini bar set up for the 2 coffee pkgs like I've done previously. They said they no longer do that. Very disappointed that another elite perk has been removed. 😭

The mini bar set up is the Elite Perk.  Did the list of Elite perks actually state in writing that the mini bar set up could be traded?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

The mini bar set up is the Elite Perk.  Did the list of Elite perks actually state in writing that the mini bar set up could be traded?

Yes

As just copied from the Princess web site

"Yes, you can make changes on board through CrewCall Chat or by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged for either the same size of a different type of liquor or beer on a one-to-one basis. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Here's another minor complaint I have. No more elite/suite line at customer service, at least not on the Sky last week. Minor but annoying.

Same on the  Enchanted.  

They have a sign on the PSD that states for Elite and suits only but there are no lines that form to speak of. 

A group of people just stand around and the take the next person. 

They might as well get rid of the sign.

10 hours ago, 1965 said:

That is correct, although there are some ships that still allow it for a short while.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes

"Yes, you can make changes on board through CrewCall Chat or by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged for either the same size of a different type of liquor or beer on a one-to-one basis. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

The exchange for coffee cards is no longer being honored. All the rest of exchanges remains the same. 

On 3/6/2023 at 5:22 AM, MissP22 said:

I just talked to the Capt. Circle  Host  a few minutes ago and yes, they're taken away swapping the setup for the coffee package. Not every ship is on board with this yet but will soon be.

Exchanges are still allowed for different liquors or sodas or everything for a bottle of wine. 

Their intent is to have people buy a package inorder to get unlimited speciality coffees.

I view it as another cutback for the setup we receive. 😒

What's next? Maybe handing out tokens for do it yourself laundry. 

Now THAT sounds good to me!! Less chance of damage in their uber hot laundry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Now THAT sounds good to me!! Less chance of damage in their uber hot laundry

Would like tokens too since I do most good/nicer items in the self laundry. Just send jeans, socks and anything I don't mind getting pin holes or out of shape to the ship's laundry. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

But I can’t help seeing that they seem to disproportionately chopping the elite benefits.

This is exactly what they have done. In fact, they have eliminated more benefits from their most traveled guests than any other single group. Milestones…gone. Captains Circle OBC…$100 per cruise gone. Top 3 MTG gifts…gone. The only MTG perk remaining is the MTG luncheon or cocktail party, so enjoy those while they last. 

That’s why I have to chuckle every time I read a “Princess needs a super elite category” thread. The writing has been on the wall for quite awhile about that. 

People who say they don’t cruise Princess for the loyalty benefits are the lucky ones. There soon won’t be any left. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This is exactly what they have done. In fact, they have eliminated more benefits from their most traveled guests than any other single group. Milestones…gone. Captains Circle OBC…$100 per cruise gone. Top 3 MTG gifts…gone. The only MTG perk remaining is the MTG luncheon or cocktail party, so enjoy those while they last. 

That’s why I have to chuckle every time I read a “Princess needs a super elite category” thread. The writing has been on the wall for quite awhile about that. 

People who say they don’t cruise Princess for the loyalty benefits are the lucky ones. There soon won’t be any left

i guess we're the lucky ones; we like the benefits, but we love the service.❣️

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Don't tell me that they don't award those cheep cigar boxes any longer.😁

Those didn't last too long.  At the end of 2019 and in  2022, they  had  the real nice canvas tote bags.  

Edited by coo359a2

Haven't been here for a while.  Wait, I can't exchange my mini bar setup anymore for coffee packages?

That pisses me off.  One of the few perks remaining for being a loyal customer.  We are not buying a coffee package after I used to get it for giving them their liquor back.

Is this updated on the website somewhere?

14 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Haven't been here for a while.  Wait, I can't exchange my mini bar setup anymore for coffee packages?

That pisses me off.  One of the few perks remaining for being a loyal customer.  We are not buying a coffee package after I used to get it for giving them their liquor back.

Last week on the Ruby I called room service to exchange mini bar for coffee pkgs. They came & took away mini bar. The next day they called me & said they no longer exchange them for coffee pkgs. I went to guest service desk & ask what they could do for me. She offered to return the mini bar. I wasn't interested in the mini bar. We finally settled on $50 obc each for DH & me. I asked if I can do that every cruise. She said no. It was my favorite elite perk. Very disappointed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Last week on the Ruby I called room service to exchange mini bar for coffee pkgs. They came & took away mini bar. The next day they called me & said they no longer exchange them for coffee pkgs. I went to guest service desk & ask what they could do for me. She offered to return the mini bar. I wasn't interested in the mini bar. We finally settled on $50 obc each for DH & me. I asked if I can do that every cruise. She said no. It was my favorite elite perk. Very disappointed. 

I could go for that. I wonder if enough of us make this request....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 1965 said:

That's a good trade!  If we could get onboard for the minibar, we'd spend it somewhere.  

I wish that were available! 

17 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes

Thanks.  I always have a drink package, so I had no need.  I trade some items for Diet Coke in a can and sparkling water in bottles.

The free laundry ( for those not staying in a suite), significant discount for unlimited internet (and additional log in’s), 10% discount (rebate) on shore excursions, and 10% discount for purchases are nice benefits for many people.  The Coffee package is of no value to those that have purchased the Plus or Premier package.  
The dynamics are changing for sure.

Edited by jagoffee

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Updated in that the New Grounds Coffee Package has been removed.  Not updated - as is typical - in all of the documentation areas and FAQ's where exchange of mini-bar is mentioned.

This has been posted about on several threads, including reports from current cruises.

On 3/5/2023 at 8:39 PM, AE_Collector said:

A no cost substitution to them and dead easy to do since the initial minibar is made up of exactly two of every item in it.

We have only sailed 3 times as Elite. Our last cruise before the shutdown and then in May and December of last year. We have never yet received the "normal" minibar setup. I know what it is "supposed" to contain but that is nothing at all like what we get.

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Updated in that the New Grounds Coffee Package has been removed.  Not updated - as is typical - in all of the documentation areas and FAQ's where exchange of mini-bar is mentioned.

This has been posted about on several threads, including reports from current cruises.

Thanks.  If it's still in the documentation  for swap options, then they should honor it.