Suite check in with son and DIL?

39august

There was a recent post about a package you can purchase for them that would allow them to board with you and gain Retreat access. I believe it was mentioned they sell only a dozen or so per sailing. I forget the name of the package. I think that is what you would have to do for them to board with you.

Guest 4-2-N-8

If in a "sky suite," that is just a big(ger) room Celebrity names as such to command higher prices from those who want to say "I'm in a suite. Yeah!"

I think if you're in an Iconic suite, I suspect no problem. But still, why? Are they able to get through an airport? If so, no problem. They'd do fine getting on the ship themselves.

What ship/suite?

*I'm not Mr. Grumpus, but rather Mr. Regularumpus offering a different perspectivumpus.

Signed,

Umpus

28 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

There was a recent post about a package you can purchase for them that would allow them to board with you and gain Retreat access. I believe it was mentioned they sell only a dozen or so per sailing. I forget the name of the package. I think that is what you would have to do for them to board with you.

I don't believe this package is available to those in the lower suites.   Probably RS and above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't believe this package is available to those in the lower suites.   Probably RS and above.

That post was the first I've heard of it and the rules were not clear. The OP might be in RS or above. If they aren't aware of the option it could be worth checking into. 

2 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

That post was the first I've heard of it and the rules were not clear. The OP might be in RS or above. If they aren't aware of the option it could be worth checking into. 

That package is offered for higher end suites and depends on the ship and capacity. It has to be pre-arranged with the shoreside concierge if it is available and I believe the cost is $99 per person for each day of the cruise. You have to purchase it for the entire cruise, it’s not offered as a pick and choose which days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

That would be a no. Also, no, they won't be able to eat in Luminae with you unless you pay for it.

And, I understand Celebrity is enforcing only Suite Guests in the Retreat, so I would not try to bring them there and be embarrassed when asked to leave.

I take this as a "no". OK. Some of you made points I had not thought of. Last time they were with us was on RCI several years ago and they did check in with us and we were in a suite and Pinnacle. They have never been on X. I should have realized as checking in now is so different than a few years ago and so much more efficient.  So thanks for all the input. 

Edited by 39august
  • Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, 39august said:

I take this as a "no". OK. Some of you made points I had not thought of. Last time they were with us was on RCI several years ago and they did check in with us and we were in a suite and Pinnacle. They have never been on X. I should have realized as checking in now is so different than a few years ago and so much more efficient.  So thanks for all the input. 

On this site, in the Celebrity threads, gripe more.

People will love you! 😀

Outside people controlling lines probably won't let them into the building with you.  You can stand with them in the normal entry line.  Once you get inside if there is nobody in one of the suite lines and other lines are full the greeters might send you all to a suite line.  We've certainly checked in at a suite line even when not in a suite.

Edited by LeeW
clarify

In Florida, you won’t find a suite line anymore.  Suites and zeniths have their own entrance to the terminal building.  A greeter there will have a list of people who are authorized to use that entrance and if your name is not on the list, they will politely send you to the other entrance so that’s what would happen to your family.  Forego the suite entrance and board with them if you want to be together.

If you get there after boarding starts (around 11) there is really no advantage of going through the suite line other than there are extra people for processing.  Generally once in the terminal after boarding starts you are on the ship within 10-15 minutes.

If you have an upper suite, they probably can board with you. We had a top suite and they asked us if we wanted the other two in our party to board with us. We did not ask for it, and they were prepared to go the the general boarding aqua line at their chose /assigned boarding time. We had our reservations linked so if there were extra fees for things, they would go to our account. That could be why, but I doubt it because it was the people

outside the suite entrance in Miami that suggested they board with us. 
BTW, no other suites were available at the time we gifted their booking. They did not eat with us in Luminae, it wasn’t their thing. And we had all included specialty restaurants, so paid for their meals when we dined several times together. 
I tho k you have some

options, just check, but don’t worry if you need to check in separately, it’s very easy.