Dress code adherence

migdet71

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This is good to know! We’re packing right now for our 33-night Eclipse cruise in an Aqua cabin. So I guess I can take my long sleeve dress shirt out of the suit case and hang it back up in the closet and just wear a nice polo shirt and dockers to Blu on Chic night. Yay!!

Polo shirts are better , you wouldn’t pop a like you would on a shirt especially after 33 days on the ship🤣

IMG_2881.gif.db21f8cab2bc0e56be2a75f5a70c6388.gif

• Haha 1

Other than no shorts in MDR for dinner you will see a lot of business casual. Gone are the days of formals, suits & tuxedos but some choose that also. A nice blouse & slacks or polo & dress slacks for men is good.

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ohh a good dress code debate. 

Celebrity was listening and decided to clear it up? 

There are only two rules to worry about.

(These may not be official Celebrity rules.)

1) Men must always tuck in their shirt.

2) Tights do not count as pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, migdet71 said:

First time Celebrity cruisers, and we're wondering if the "Chic" attire applies to the entire ship or just MDR/specialty dining and shows.  We don't eat in the MDR, so on "Chic" nights are we going to get the stink eye for wandering the ship in nice shorts, sandals and camp shirts?  I've scoured the web site and it's not really clear on the subject.  Thanks in advance

Our first X cruise was on Solstice to Alaska.  While they kindly request that you adhere to the dress code in the public areas, I never saw anyone NOT adhere to the dress code.  The old days of cruises people wore suits and dresses or tuxes and gowns in the evening and as time marched on, people were rushing after dinner and changing.  Sad really as I enjoyed dressing up for the night.  Having been an officer for 6 or 7 years in a fraternal organization and having to wear a suit to 3 meetings a month, and a tux to 1 meeting a month, I appreciated the chic nights.  At night, I wore nice clean dark jeans with a collared sports button up shirt and the chic nights nice slacks and nice button up dress shirt with no tie.  No tennis shoes however.  I dressed up the footwear in the evenings and on chic night was black dress shoes.

13 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Our first X cruise was on Solstice to Alaska.  While they kindly request that you adhere to the dress code in the public areas, I never saw anyone NOT adhere to the dress code.  The old days of cruises people wore suits and dresses or tuxes and gowns in the evening and as time marched on, people were rushing after dinner and changing.  Sad really as I enjoyed dressing up for the night.  Having been an officer for 6 or 7 years in a fraternal organization and having to wear a suit to 3 meetings a month, and a tux to 1 meeting a month, I appreciated the chic nights.  At night, I wore nice clean dark jeans with a collared sports button up shirt and the chic nights nice slacks and nice button up dress shirt with no tie.  No tennis shoes however.  I dressed up the footwear in the evenings and on chic night was black dress shoes.

I agree here. I also am a dresser, why? I can always dress at my table anyway I want, but if I get invited to someones home, I ask what to wear. Anything is the usual answer and that is still fine but, I would dress casual but chic. That is the question. What is chic? Would I dress like others with Ripped jeans, or a holy shirt? Sure if you know that hosts are. You want to blend in not be a rock start. look at me. I find most people dress fine, buit there will always be those who do not care. I like to dress with my wife for we don't drees up that much anymore. The Prom is for many nights not just one night. Brings back memories. I see the prom shots of the younger genration (grand kids) and they are all dolled up but wear Red Tennis shoes instead of dress shoes. Okay, with me, that's chic to them. I just don'r see the big deal of someone else dressing down, I just won't look at them. Celebrity is respondable to enforce there own rules, not us passengers. Think of smoking, there are some who still do on the Veranda. Turn them in and go on with your life. If i sat next to a guy who is whereing shorts and they are nice to me and enjoyed a good meal and conversation, They are good ion my eyes. I will still dress, and enjoy there company. 

IMG_0331.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:19 AM, zitsky said:

Just make it consistent.

Ripped jeans for women.

Ripped jeans for men.

Sandals for women.

Sandals for men.

Sleeveless shirts for women.

Sleeveless shirts for men.

Does that apply at the pool too?

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

It still is for this guy, every evening. 

I will wear a nice golf or polo collared shirt on any non-chic night, have for years. For dressy chic nights I will wear one of my Tommy Bahama button up Hawaiian shirts both plain and bright print types. In both cases long pants like light weight Kakis will be my attire. When I retired in 2020 all my dress shirts, ties, suits and sport coats went to Goodwill.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, zitsky said:

It looks like the man isn’t wearing socks.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Well the new rules say that it is a sports shirt.

What polo team do you play for?

Lol, just waiting for someone to tell me off for wearing a polo shirt. 

I'll wear what I please. 

Just face it, the rules aren't enforced and I would really encourage people to focus their attention on meaningful things on their vacation. 

Edited by arealcheapskate
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

He could be wearing no show socks. With boat shoes or loafers that would be “chic” whether he had no socks or no show socks. That look is called preppy style.

I find my feet get sweaty and uncomfortable in loafers without socks.

If I see someone without socks I’ll just call 911.  😳

Just off Silhouette 2 weeks ago and can report the only dress code I saw was a Midi print with dots and dashes.  There were flip flops, shorts, jeans, T-shirts, swimwear and baseball caps in the theater and restaurants for evenings and chic nights.  Where else in the world can one mow a lawn on deck 15 late in the day and then head straight down to dinner and the theater?  I think Icona Pop best describes current attitude regarding dress "...I don't care, I love it." 

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Well the new rules say that it is a sports shirt.

What polo team do you play for?

Rules. 🤣 Golf, polo, sports shirts all the same. Guess I'll start using that definition to describe my shirts. 

The winning team. 😎

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ynot1973 said:

Just off Silhouette 2 weeks ago and can report the only dress code I saw was a Midi print with dots and dashes.  There were flip flops, shorts, jeans, T-shirts, swimwear and baseball caps in the theater and restaurants for evenings and chic nights.  Where else in the world can one mow a lawn on deck 15 late in the day and then head straight down to dinner and the theater?  I think Icona Pop best describes current attitude regarding dress "...I don't care, I love it." 

How do I get permission to use the lifeboat when I see this on my cruise?  😭

On 4/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, zitsky said:

#1, no. 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kjwinston2019 said:

I agree here. I also am a dresser, why? I can always dress at my table anyway I want, but if I get invited to someones home, I ask what to wear. Anything is the usual answer and that is still fine but, I would dress casual but chic. That is the question. What is chic? Would I dress like others with Ripped jeans, or a holy shirt? Sure if you know that hosts are. You want to blend in not be a rock start. look at me. I find most people dress fine, buit there will always be those who do not care. I like to dress with my wife for we don't drees up that much anymore. The Prom is for many nights not just one night. Brings back memories. I see the prom shots of the younger genration (grand kids) and they are all dolled up but wear Red Tennis shoes instead of dress shoes. Okay, with me, that's chic to them. I just don'r see the big deal of someone else dressing down, I just won't look at them. Celebrity is respondable to enforce there own rules, not us passengers. Think of smoking, there are some who still do on the Veranda. Turn them in and go on with your life. If i sat next to a guy who is whereing shorts and they are nice to me and enjoyed a good meal and conversation, They are good ion my eyes. I will still dress, and enjoy there company. 

IMG_0331.JPG

Looking good.