Chair hogs be warned

melbur

ya I am glad I DO NOT like the loungers that are hard to get in and out of.

No way would I ever fight for one of them.  I like chairs.

But early birds are in every aspect of cruising that includes meals and shows.  It is just the way it is.

Same thing with getting off for shore excursions.  Some folks will get off early and head to bus to grab a seat early.  This I have done.  I make sure I am at the top of the theatre and walk very fast.

I even see others trying to out race me to the bus.  So funny but it is the way it is.

The mentality is "I paid my money and I want every bit I can grab".  

7 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

At crowded times, we slip away one at a time, be it to the restroom, to the bar or for a snack. 

If we will both be gone longer we give up our chairs.  

On some ships like Anthem we are in Solarium from 6:30-7AM till 3-4PM. We do not go anywhere together except for quick breakfast.

Before Anthem came along we never really spent time in pool areas... we would just stop in pool area, put stuff somewhere near pool, take a dip and leave.

Edited by Tatka

4 minutes ago, PolicromaSol said:

Was on Adventure last week. Didn't see these, but there were other "no chair reservation" signs around. I had no issues finding a deck chair. 

I hope so.  The word may be getting out.  The social and company pressure may be working.  We've got to keep it up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

I completely understand.  I just try hard to blank it all out and hope for the best because I really do love hot tubs.  

I used to love them until i got a serious skin infection in an rccl hot tub.  Took me 1.5 years to finally get rid of it.  Scars all over my body from it.  Later i became a certified pool operator and in class we learned that public hot tubs are next to impossible to sanitize.  Too high of a bathing load in hot water.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've never been in a ship's pool or hot tub and have no plans to change that.

I find the shower beside the pool to be more refreshing than the hot tub and pool. As for the flowrider there’s no way someone can pee while riding so it’s all good. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 3/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, melbur said:

On Jewel, they are placing these on chairs that haven't been occupied for a while. HD said they are fleet wide and just arrived for this sailing. 

PXL_20230327_121359387.MP.jpg

They have been on Freedom since last Summer and they haven’t made a difference. I have cruised on Freedom 7 times since they were introduced and they have done nothing to reduce the chair hogging. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I find the shower beside the pool to be more refreshing than the hot tub and pool. As for the flowrider there’s no way someone can pee while riding so it’s all good. 😁

Using the showers is a brilliant idea that had never occurred to me.  I like to cool off occasionally but the pool is usually freezing and the hot tubs full of diving, splashing, unsupervised children.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resetjet said:

I used to love them until i got a serious skin infection in an rccl hot tub.  Took me 1.5 years to finally get rid of it.  Scars all over my body from it.  Later i became a certified pool operator and in class we learned that public hot tubs are next to impossible to sanitize.  Too high of a bathing load in hot water.  

Oh, how horrible.  I'm sorry you went through that.  That does make one pause. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

Using the showers is a brilliant idea that had never occurred to me.  I like to cool off occasionally but the pool is usually freezing and the hot tubs full of diving, splashing, unsupervised children.

The showers are usually hotter than the hot tub so not really refreshing but it's def good for washing off after using the pool which I rare see anyone else do lol

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have no doubt about the safety of the flowrider water.🙂

6 hours ago, Blur said:

The showers are usually hotter than the hot tub so not really refreshing but it's def good for washing off after using the pool which I rare see anyone else do lol

or before they swim. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

You forgot to mention the adults who are in there drinking but never leave. Wonder where they're relieving their bladders. Nothing like stewing in other people's urine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

If they actually "cure" the chair hogs, what the heck will we complain about on these boards? 😃

When in doubt, randomly accuse a Pinnacle wearing a nametag of anything, anything at all, make it up if you have to. It is always easy to hide behind a computer screen and make things up. 

🤥 

• Haha 3

I like the idea of having to check in with the pool staff, who then walk you to the chair of your choice, and only allow you to save one other chair for someone who isn't there.  That would eliminate one person saving 16 chairs - 8 of the 16 would have to physically be at the pool also.  You could save one for your spouse/travel companion but if you're trying to save additional chairs for friends or kids, at least half of them would also have to be present.

The entitlement and ridiculousness of chair hogging doesn't come from someone who is sunbathing and goes to the buffet for lunch and is gone for 32 minutes, it comes from people who throw a book on 16 loungers at 6 am that then remain unused for 4+hours.  Many people who just want a couple of hours in the sun could use those loungers and still be out before the 16 hogs have even risen for the day.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

When in doubt, randomly accuse a Pinnacle wearing a nametag of anything, anything at all, make it up if you have to. It is always easy to hide behind a computer screen and make things up. 

🤥 

I just tell people I am a crew member.  😉 

Edited by island lady