Would you make this Club Class bid upgrade?

asingl

I am currently booked on a Mini-suite for a 17 Day transatlantic on the Island Princess. Received the opportunity to upgrade to club class for $205pp! Does the offer match a value of a 17-Day cruise? We have never experienced club class, and we received an exceptional deal on this room already. Thanks ahead of time for the input!

I understand the main perks are the dining and midship area! Just wanted to see if $205 seemed to be fair value for a 17 day cruise. 

I have an ME (lowest minisuite) for an 11 night cruise and the lowest bid cost is $100 per person (though there are currently non available). I am not going to do it because I have a covered minisuite in Alaska and the people I am dining with will not be in Club Class.

5 hours ago, asingl said:

I am currently booked on a Mini-suite for a 17 Day transatlantic on the Island Princess. Received the opportunity to upgrade to club class for $205pp! Does the offer match a value of a 17-Day cruise? We have never experienced club class, and we received an exceptional deal on this room already. Thanks ahead of time for the input!

I understand the main perks are the dining and midship area! Just wanted to see if $205 seemed to be fair value for a 17 day cruise. 

I would not hesitate to take this. You will be glad you did it.

• Like 7

One of things that bug me about club class is that you are paying a daily extra service fee for the dining room. You are also paying the auto gratuity on the regular dining room which you won't be using. I always take club class and I decrease my auto gratuity to $10 PP PD because I'm not a double tip happy passenger. Yes $205 is fair for a 17 day TA cruise IMHO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

One of things that bug me about club class is that you are paying a daily extra service fee for the dining room. You are also paying the auto gratuity on the regular dining room which you won't be using. I always take club class and I decrease my auto gratuity to $10 PP PD because I'm not a double tip happy passenger. Yes $205 is fair for a 17 day TA cruise IMHO.

I believe that you are paying Princess for the upgrade to Club Class.  However, your daily gratuity is tipping the crew for a variety of services.  I certainly would not reduce the daily gratuity, in fact, I usually give something extra to selected staff for superior service at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

You are not double tipping. Club class is a portion of the MDR. They are included in the crew incentive you pay. The upgrade price is for location, extra entrees, no wait to eat and great dervice

• Like 10

On our upcoming Regal 12 night cruise we may bid to upgrade to Club Class, but only to a maximum of $200-$250 total for both of us.  Our dilemma is that our mini suite is on Lido deck, our preferred location, so we would also have to give that up.  DH says no thank you, but we’ll see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

I believe that you are paying Princess for the upgrade to Club Class.  However, your daily gratuity is tipping the crew for a variety of services.  I certainly would not reduce the daily gratuity, in fact, I usually give something extra to selected staff for superior service at the end of the cruise. 

I don't double tip. The $10 PP PD I reduce my tips to are to cover the other services. The upcharge to club class is not for better food, an extra dish is not really all that extra so it's for service. The club class  for my upcoming cruise is a whopping $110 PP PD that's enough to tip everyone in the club class dining room!

39 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I don't double tip. The $10 PP PD I reduce my tips to are to cover the other services. The upcharge to club class is not for better food, an extra dish is not really all that extra so it's for service. The club class  for my upcoming cruise is a whopping $110 PP PD that's enough to tip everyone in the club class dining room!

"better location of cabin"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

When I get perfectly cooked steak stuffed with Gorgonzola that is very special. Service is awesome as well and never a wait. The OP was talking about $250 or so upgrade for a 12 day cruise I believe not $110 per day. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, memoak said:

You are not double tipping. Club class is a portion of the MDR. They are included in the crew incentive you pay. The upgrade price is for location, extra entrees, no wait to eat and great dervice

We weren't in club class last cruise an ate right along side of them every night at the same table. Other than the extra dishes every night the service was exactly the same as I could see. 

There didn't seem to be any difference in a club class cabin then the one we were in which we choose based on location. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We weren't in club class last cruise an ate right along side of them every night at the same table. Other than the extra dishes every night the service was exactly the same as I could see. 

There didn't seem to be any difference in a club class cabin then the one we were in which we choose based on location. 

Our experience in Club Class is that we often got an extra dish prepared just for members of Club Class.  We had little wait and could decide when we wanted to eat dinner.  In addition, we usually got a superior table, in most instances close to a window.  Service seemed to be superior. 

• Like 5

I would bid for this upgrade to Club Class.   I like the better dining room service, and no wait at all for seating.  The "extra dish" means nothing to me.  And I am normally amidships anyway. 

When I am in Club Class, I actually go to the MDR for breakfast, instead of eating in the buffet, because of the high level of service by the Club Class waitstaff.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Let me see if I have this right, you up grade to Club Class but let the crew pay for it. Such a deal!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

Let me see if I have this right, you up grade to Club Class but let the crew pay for it. Such a deal!

Not the way I see it, I'm paying $110 PP PD for the service and that's a lot of extra for the service. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Not the way I see it, I'm paying $110 PP PD for the service and that's a lot of extra for the service. 

The $110 goes to the cruiseline. You're taking away from the crew.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

If you are paying $100 per person per day you are paying too much 

• Like 2