The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 5th, 2023

Good Evening, we had lots of storms last night and this morning.  The sun came out for a few hours, and it's supposed to be warmer the next few days...Finally!  I had a busy day, reading with my "little" reading buddies at school this am, and then sewing the the 6th graders this afternoon, they all finished their 2 projects!  A pillowcase and then a little runner to match the case!  

I'll take a thick crust pizza as a treat, we usually have thin and crispy crusts.  Not sure about the meal, but I will take the drink of the day!  @StLouisCruisersYay for Ren and his team!  @kochleffelthanks for sharing your Passover info.  Prayers for all who need them and shout outs for the others, especially those enjoying cruises now!  Karen

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Happy to report that DH got good results at today’s post-op check up after glaucoma stent and cataract surgery!  That eye was off one med since surgery and the pressure was good!  In 2 weeks he’ll trial going off another med, check pressure again in 4 weeks. All restrictions removed (lifting, bending, sleeping with head elevated) except for swimming. So much easier!  Other eye still maintaining. All the regulate meds now are preservative free and the itchiness is getting better. It’s a slow schedule but he’s on track!  Doctor not ready to consider options for the other eye yet. That one had cataract surgery in 2009, so not a candidate for the type of surgery just done, but maybe other options. Can’t say I understand it all but happy for one step at a time. Thank you all for your support!  

But the day began with word that my EMT friend’s DH died overnight. It’s hard losing folks younger than us. If my DH is in a stable place with his eyes, I would like to get back to NM for whatever gathering may happen. I was told today that would be “some time later on.” So maybe there’ll be a window for that. Right now just staying on track here!  

Blessings Annie @marshhawkfor tomorrow’s scan!  

So sorry @kplady that you had to miss NZ ports due to COVID!  Hope you’re feeling better!  

m—

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Just jumping back in here before I turn this computer off for the night to say it seems the Rotterdam had a brief time going off track a little while ago.  I was looking at the positions of the ships and saw Rotterdam wasn't heading north anymore and was turned westerly.  When I zoomed in I saw it was off Atlantic City.  Then someone on the ship posted they noticed the change in direction and heard helicopters around so we are assuming there was a medical evacuation.  They seem to be going back to the north again.  Some passengers may not have even noticed.  Not far to go to New York.  

Maureen, looks and sounds like good news for your DH.  I'm sorry though to hear about your EMT friend's husband passing.  I hope arrangements can be made so you can attend the service.  Prayers for everyone who knew him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers You have a family that raised two terrific grand sons!  Congratulations to both.

@RMLincoln I am sorry to read that your friend passed away.  But I am glad that your DH's surgery did what it was supposed to do.

To those of you under the weather, I hope that you are feeling better soon.

funny-get-well-wishes-1.png

f6450d0e6d49634f6605f23a96309c9a--funny-cat-pics-make-a-wish.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you Sandi and Annie. 
This eye check up certainly felt better than the first one. But there’s a long way to go to see if he can maintain without the meds he’s become allergic to. Probably will keep learning, but I think I’ll sleep better tonight. 

Annie, hoping your PET scan is a breeze compared to an MRI!  Take good pictures! Don’t want any recalls for do-overs. Praying for Amazing!  And congratulations on your sales!  🎉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

It's a grey/ wet/ feeble sunshine day.   Temperature only 10 C   Very busy at Supermarket this morning, as shops will be closed tomorow (Good Friday) and again on Easter Sunday.

@RMLincoln pleased that your DH is doing well, hope that continues.  Condolences on the death of your friend.

@Cruising-along  sorry that both you and your DH have covid, hope it's mild.

@ger_77  safe travelling tomorrow, what  wonderful assistance to the Ukrainian refugees. They are fortunate to have met you and DH.

@marshhawk  best wishes for your scan tomorrow.

@aliaschief  thanks for the humour today.

@tupper10  hope yoursurgery was successful.

@NextOne  Happy Birthday, hope you have had a great day.

We had our flu vaccinations on Tuesday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Happy to report that DH got good results at today’s post-op check up after glaucoma stent and cataract surgery!  That eye was off one med since surgery and the pressure was good!  In 2 weeks he’ll trial going off another med, check pressure again in 4 weeks. All restrictions removed (lifting, bending, sleeping with head elevated) except for swimming. So much easier!  Other eye still maintaining. All the regulate meds now are preservative free and the itchiness is getting better. It’s a slow schedule but he’s on track!  Doctor not ready to consider options for the other eye yet. That one had cataract surgery in 2009, so not a candidate for the type of surgery just done, but maybe other options. Can’t say I understand it all but happy for one step at a time. Thank you all for your support!  

But the day began with word that my EMT friend’s DH died overnight. It’s hard losing folks younger than us. If my DH is in a stable place with his eyes, I would like to get back to NM for whatever gathering may happen. I was told today that would be “some time later on.” So maybe there’ll be a window for that. Right now just staying on track here!  

So sorry @kplady that you had to miss NZ ports due to COVID!  Hope you’re feeling better!  

m—

Very good news indeed. Good progress.

• Like 3

After yesterday's discussion about how to cook eggs, we had breakfast for dinner.  DH had scrambled eggs while I had two fried eggs over easy, along with bacon, toast and blueberry preserves.

4 hours ago, kplady said:

@JazzyVVanessa, I think you can take DH and me off the Care list. We're both feeling good, and will be sorung from our covid jail on Saturday! Unfortunately we've missed 4 of the 6 New Zealand ports, so I guess we'll have to come back. Ill wait until i get home to start planning...

thanks,

Laura 

Laura, I'm glad you and your DH are feeling better and will be free on Saturday.  Sorry you missed four NZ ports.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've been occupied a lot of the day but have been keeping up with reading the Daily.  So much news from this crowd!  Good to hear Joy @Seasick Sailor is doing better, but pulling weeds sounds like a lot of work for someone so ill recently.  Please take care!   Also good luck to Annie @marshhawk tomorrow with your scan.  We have you on our prayer list!  Hoping all the "nasty virus" sufferers are past the worst of it.  I'm sorry if I fail to mention people but rest assured I do read your posts and care about you all.  🙏

During dinner prep we were being updated by DS about the 4 to 6 pm central time soccer game.  At halftime the score was 2 to 0 FC Dallas.  But Ren wasn't in yet.  He was put in after halftime and within 2 minutes scored.  Before I could type an exclamatory response (Yay Ren!), DS typed that he just scored again!  He was back in his usual spot, striker (scorer) position.  4 to 0.  Then the other two top scorers scored and before I knew it FC Dallas was 7 to 0.  Ren assisted one of his teammates to score, then Ren scored two more.  Yep he scored 4 goals and one assist.  The final score was 10 to 0!  It was breathtaking keeping up with such rapid scoring.  Wish I could have seen it!  DS has a flight back to Dallas tomorrow to be there for the remainder of the tournament, and DDIL will fly to I think Austin for a run this weekend.  She's into running.  I get dizzy thinking about everything they fit into one week!

Maxine @AncientWanderer I asked for the final decision about colleges and older brother to Ren has decided on UCLA!  Sorry but it won't be USC as you were hoping for.  Apparently USC wanted someone other than a #2 in class, 1580 SAT scorer, speaks English, French, and Mandarin and is first viola in the school orchestra-type student!  What more do they want??  I'm sure he will be happy at UCLA.  🎓

So yeah, it's been a busy day.🥴

Sandi, the score of 10-0 sounds more like a football game score.  I'm glad Ren played so well.  Congratulations to Ren's brother on getting into UCLA.

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

m—

Maureen, that is good news about your DH's eye pressure being lower and his getting off some of the meds.  Our condolences to you, your friend and her family on the passing of your friend's husband.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've been occupied a lot of the day but have been keeping up with reading the Daily.  So much news from this crowd!  Good to hear Joy @Seasick Sailor is doing better, but pulling weeds sounds like a lot of work for someone so ill recently.  Please take care!   Also good luck to Annie @marshhawk tomorrow with your scan.  We have you on our prayer list!  Hoping all the "nasty virus" sufferers are past the worst of it.  I'm sorry if I fail to mention people but rest assured I do read your posts and care about you all.  🙏

During dinner prep we were being updated by DS about the 4 to 6 pm central time soccer game.  At halftime the score was 2 to 0 FC Dallas.  But Ren wasn't in yet.  He was put in after halftime and within 2 minutes scored.  Before I could type an exclamatory response (Yay Ren!), DS typed that he just scored again!  He was back in his usual spot, striker (scorer) position.  4 to 0.  Then the other two top scorers scored and before I knew it FC Dallas was 7 to 0.  Ren assisted one of his teammates to score, then Ren scored two more.  Yep he scored 4 goals and one assist.  The final score was 10 to 0!  It was breathtaking keeping up with such rapid scoring.  Wish I could have seen it!  DS has a flight back to Dallas tomorrow to be there for the remainder of the tournament, and DDIL will fly to I think Austin for a run this weekend.  She's into running.  I get dizzy thinking about everything they fit into one week!

Maxine @AncientWanderer I asked for the final decision about colleges and older brother to Ren has decided on UCLA!  Sorry but it won't be USC as you were hoping for.  Apparently USC wanted someone other than a #2 in class, 1580 SAT scorer, speaks English, French, and Mandarin and is first viola in the school orchestra-type student!  What more do they want??  I'm sure he will be happy at UCLA.  🎓

Well done Ren.

congratulations-clapping.gif.dac4a2fc45e7863d14234388f5a33dab.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

m—

I'm pleased to hear your husband's eye surgery went well Maureen.

Sad news and condolences to your EMT friend whose husband has just died.

Graham.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi

How amazing for Ren, you & all the family, his team and fans!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

❤️❤️❤️❤️

12 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

It's funny Sandi, I only remember you mentioning Berkley and USC, and I wondered at the time why the heck he didn't apply to UCLA.  I think it's the best of western schools right now.  That's great news that he's chosen UCLA.  Congratulations to your family for all of their achievements. 

Big brother's name is Kai and he was accepted into UCLA first.  So nice to hear you think it's the best of the western schools.  He will be far from home and his Aunt (my DDIL's sister) doesn't live in L.A. anymore.  She's been living in Italy the past year or so and is going to a business college in Rome.  I hope he won't be homesick.  Neither of my kids were the homesick type and they went away to college.  I'm looking forward to attending Kai's high school graduation on May 26.  🎓

11 hours ago, ktbraun said:

@StLouisCruisersYay for Ren and his team!  @kochleffelthanks for sharing your Passover info.  Prayers for all who need them and shout outs for the others, especially those enjoying cruises now!  Karen

Karen, thank you!  Fingers crossed the next game they do half as well.🤞

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers You have a family that raised two terrific grand sons!  Congratulations to both.

@RMLincoln I am sorry to read that your friend passed away.  But I am glad that your DH's surgery did what it was supposed to do.

To those of you under the weather, I hope that you are feeling better soon.

funny-get-well-wishes-1.png

f6450d0e6d49634f6605f23a96309c9a--funny-cat-pics-make-a-wish.jpg

Thanks Annie for your good wishes for the boys.  Talk about super achievers!  That branch of the family tree is amazing!

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, the score of 10-0 sounds more like a football game score.  I'm glad Ren played so well.  Congratulations to Ren's brother on getting into UCLA.

Thank you Lenda.  Seeing that score jump up every 2 minutes was mind boggling.  It would have been so great to see it.  His DM was there but his DF was tied up teaching classes.  I bet my son was jumping up and down in excitement watching it online.  Hopefully Kai was too but he's not as big on sports as most kids.  He plays a little tennis and ran cross country, and leaves the soccer excitement to his younger brother.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Well done Ren.

congratulations-clapping.gif.dac4a2fc45e7863d14234388f5a33dab.gif

Thank you coach Graham!  You must know how Ren and those players felt as they dominated the game yesterday.

10 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi

How amazing for Ren, you & all the family, his team and fans!

Thanks Ann!  Sometime they are going to have to lose but I hope it's not during this Dallas Cup!  I will try to take a loss gracefully if it happens.😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1