Pickle ball on Celebrity Beyond

rurn0321

Just got off yesterday. I expected that the ship had an actual pickle ball court, in the sports area. Well, there is NO sports area! They set up a "court" in an area just forward of the Sunset Bar, and I'm quite sure they provide paddles/balls.

4 hours ago, lanabanana said:

Just got off yesterday. I expected that the ship had an actual pickle ball court, in the sports area. Well, there is NO sports area! They set up a "court" in an area just forward of the Sunset Bar, and I'm quite sure they provide paddles/balls.

So I get to hear ping ping ping when I sit at the sunset bar.  That’s nice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, lanabanana said:

In the Roof Top Garden area?  

yes it was set up in the Rooftop garden area with temporary rope layout marking the court. They had equipment to use. Staff indicated that the area would be marked up with paint in the future. It was only available on certain days and times when the ship was docked. 

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

In the Roof Top Garden area?  

Yes. Really dumb concept IMO. I know pickle ball is all the rage in some communities but this is just nonsense to use that much space for 4 people at a time. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Yes. Really dumb concept IMO. I know pickle ball is all the rage in some communities but this is just nonsense to use that much space for 4 people at a time. 

Especially painting lines on for something that is not offered every day! Don't ruin the beauty of the rooftop garden!!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Our neighborhood took one tennis court and made it 4 pickle ball courts.

I don’t like the sound myself.  It’s like ping pong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Does pickle ball use as much space as a tennis court?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I have not seen it in person but this is the only space a court of any size would fit. I would assume they need to move some of the seating while the court is setup. Really poor use of space in what is typically a well used area. Remove bocce, remove basketball, but put a pickle ball court right in the middle of a seating area that is called a garden? Strange. 

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 2.20.23 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Agree. 

3 hours ago, toronto guys said:

yes it was set up in the Rooftop garden area with temporary rope layout marking the court. They had equipment to use. Staff indicated that the area would be marked up with paint in the future. It was only available on certain days and times when the ship was docked. 

I guess there were no pickle ballers on our March Apex cruise. I did see other activates occasionally.  

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

Its either lazy persons tennis, and or wiffle ball with paddles.  They have it here in my complex, thankfully not near me, the tennis courts are all by me but none there were changed over to pickleball.  I tried it once and played and said enough went back to tennis the afternoon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac66 said:

LOL at the pickleball whiners and complainers. Boo hoo!

Tip:  avoid the area where they're playing pickleball if it hurts your sensitive ears.

I have tinnitus and your post is pretty insensitive.  I will avoid it because it’s annoying.  And because pickleball isn’t even a real sport anyway.  We can watch movies in your cabin instead.

Wow it is amazing how people will find something to complain about. And feel it necessary to attack others. I love the sport, Yes I said sport, nothing lazy about it. Played on the Constellation in February and looking forward to playing on Beyond next February. I am sure during play time you can find something great to do in another part of the amazing ship. How about focusing on positives for a change?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Debbra1024 said:

Wow it is amazing how people will find something to complain about. And feel it necessary to attack others. I love the sport, Yes I said sport, nothing lazy about it. Played on the Constellation in February and looking forward to playing on Beyond next February. I am sure during play time you can find something great to do in another part of the amazing ship. How about focusing on positives for a change?

Aren’t you doing nothing more than attacking others who just aren’t interested in your “sport”?  Enjoy your cruise and remember that your interests may not match those of other people.  And I don’t just come here to read the rah rah comments.

Maybe I should have put a smiley there but I thought it was obvious.  As they say on the internet…. Whoosh.  /s 🥸😳😂

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1