Captain's club lounge

maxsales

58 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

There never was a lounge, so how could it return?

Sorry, but Celebrity had a dedicated lounge foe Elite and above for many years.  Five to seven each night save for embarkation and senior officers' party night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5-7 each night if you're Elite you are entitled to free drinks at many of the bars now.  And every morning there is a coffee/continental breakfast hosted in one of the restaurants. Maybe that is the lounge they're speaking of?

53 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You should probably re-read what you saw as there isn't one in the way RCI has a Diamond lounge

On the Beyond there's a dedicated CC desk but no one would consider it a lounge

I have been reading for a long time and my comprehension is fine thank you very much. 

Celebrity for years had a dedicated CC lounge from 5-7 each evening offering the CC drink menu and passed hours devours.  It stopped with the pandemic and seeing this post my thought is that it might be returning.

The person who posted might have been mistaken that's why I reached out here to see if anyone had a recent experience..

• Like 3

The Elite 5-7 pm Happy Hour as held in Michael’s Club and later in the Sky Lounge wasn’t really a dedicated club space such as Royal has for Diamond Members.  Sometimes it was just a roped off area within the Sky Lounge.  True it had restricted access but it was just a bar being used as the Happy Hour venue, the same way that the breakfast is held in a specialty restaurant with restricted access for two hours.  We may be arguing about semantics, but the Happy Hour venue and breakfast venues aren’t really comparable to the Diamond Lounges which are open all day.

Edited by cruisestitch

2 minutes ago, rudedoggy87 said:

5-7 each night if you're Elite you are entitled to free drinks at many of the bars now.  And every morning there is a coffee/continental breakfast hosted in one of the restaurants. Maybe that is the lounge they're speaking of?

I thought the same, however, when I asked for clarification they insisted there was a dedicated lounge on their Beyond sailing.  So I was interested to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

It wouldn't be difficult for Celebrity to resurrect the CC lounge.  We certainly enjoyed it and made a number of lasting friendships there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The Elite 5-7 pm Happy Hour as held in Michael’s Club and later in the Sky Lounge wasn’t really a dedicated club space such as Royal has for Diamond Members.  Sometimes it was just a roped off area within the Sky Lounge.  True it had restricted access but it was just a bar being used as the Happy Hour venue, the same way that the breakfast is held in a specialty restaurant with restricted access for two hours.  We may be arguing about semantics, but the Happy Hour venue and breakfast venues aren’t really comparable to the Diamond Lounges which are open all day.

Totally agree the CC evening lounge was not similar to the Diamond lounge on RCCL.  However, it was still an enjoyable venue and I wish they would bring it back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, maxsales said:

I thought the same, however, when I asked for clarification they insisted there was a dedicated lounge on their Beyond sailing.  So I was interested to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

It wouldn't be difficult for Celebrity to resurrect the CC lounge.  We certainly enjoyed it and made a number of lasting friendships there. 

My WAG is they were in the Retreat Lounge. 

5 minutes ago, maxsales said:

I have been reading for a long time and my comprehension is fine thank you very much. 

Celebrity for years had a dedicated CC lounge from 5-7 each evening offering the CC drink menu and passed hours devours.  It stopped with the pandemic and seeing this post my thought is that it might be returning.

The person who posted might have been mistaken that's why I reached out here to see if anyone had a recent experience..

If this lounge existed, if we googled it should show a pic of the lounge on the first page, correct?

To piggyback off what has already been said, previously they would turn a public lounge into a nightly (minus day 1) CC private event for two hours.  Shortly before the shutdown, presumably to reduce staffing costs, X eliminated the nightly event and allowed Elite and higher to get unlimited drinks from most bars.

So that changed even before the Beyond even sailed.  The fleet still usually has one similar event per sailing, a meet the senior officers with free drinks usually on a sea day, mid day.

Most like the flexibly of going to most bars and maybe have been lobbying to follow RCI to allow 4 drink vouchers per day allowed to be used at any time 

Celebrity never had a dedicated physical space for Elite CClub and above.

There were and still are events on board restricted to those members.

Various cabin classes have areas just for their cabins - Aqua, Suites - those have nothing to do with Captain's Club status.

1 hour ago, maxsales said:

It was  dedicated event in one of the longes between 5-7. It was not a dedicated lounge. 

1 hour ago, JBare said:

On the Edge pre Covid it was held in The Club.

They did change from the CC-only private event to most bars from 5-7pm BEFORE Covid, not exactly sure when but it would appear to be early 2019 based on @chamima...It's also possible some ships made the change later than others

image.thumb.png.b01844f473742a191acc91debeb59183.png

2 hours ago, JBare said:

On the Edge pre Covid it was held in The Club.

My post only had to do with the question of a dedicated CC lounge (see post#1) which Celebrity doesn't have nor ever did fleetwide. My WAG was only pointing out someone possibly confusing the Retreat Lounge for a dedicated CC lounge. Even though the RL is restricted to suites. 

39 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The best thing they did was changing HH lounge to coupons before Covid , we use to always hang out at the Sunset Bar instead going to the Sky Lounge

IMG_2637.jpeg

I had heard they only did this on TAs, was this sailing a TA?  I like the concept but instead of physical cards loading them onto your sign and sail account would be the way to go