Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

Weather Check Time   4:35 Zulu  -   We are finally on London Timezone and no more time changes for awhile.

First up -

Winds have died down a little but but blowing at 27 Knots and gusting to 35  Temps warmer at 58

image.thumb.png.e3de968eeb4534a34b2089f82fe214d1.png

Seas choppy but 10-15 feet and starting to calm down

image.thumb.png.fac4eda38a3f74bc78c81e6346c965ef.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maggie North said:

Hey…can’t believe it’s been 8 days and we haven’t found you guys yet! Has been a great cruise; mostly because we have discovered that we DON’T get seasick! We have been re-acquainted with a favorite server from two years ago (will not disclose her name so she won’t get too busy). We are in an IV now (PERFECT for a rough NA crossing IMHO) but will move to an S1 on the next three. Having a great time!

If you haven’t got sea sick in the you are a true sailor.   If we don’t bump into each other on this cruise you will definitely see us in retreat on the UK cruise and get to meet Iain’s sister

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Craft Social.  

I made have to reshoot the menu would flap shut whim I would let go.   Trying to keep open and shoot one handed was a challenge. 

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_3031.thumb.jpeg.1a18d7e4b8d7bc89914edb51ed68ff57.jpeg

IMG_3024.thumb.jpeg.dfedd951b942e258f7575dfcd06e361b.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

Doesn't appear that there are any martinis in the Martini bar in the SDP and the large ones are $1 over the Premium $17 limit. That is real nickel and diming.

On 4/29/2023 at 10:13 AM, Jim_Iain said:

What an incredible lunch hosted for the 20 Zeniths aboard. 

Was fun to meet many we haven’t met before.  The family is growing quickly. 

IMG_2961.thumb.jpeg.77ab2248ab94d43e39c619be4b7acf39.jpeg

IMG_2947.thumb.jpeg.35c16fc3bc9278fc8e634889ecb0c06f.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2951.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

The menu looks great.  What is a Zenith on Celebrity?  I took my first Celebrity Cruise last month.  Thanks

36 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

The menu looks great.  What is a Zenith on Celebrity?  I took my first Celebrity Cruise last month.  Thanks

Zenith is 3000 points, you have a ways to go, I bet 😜😜

1000 nights in a verandah

375 nights in a Sky Suite

125 nights in an Iconic Suite 

all assuming no double point promos, of course. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

At least five cruisers - all individuals who get double points for every cruise - have 10,000+ points. Maybe there should be a Super Ultra Zenith level at 10k? I kid. Other than being top cruiser and getting flowers, wine, and a free specialty there is nothing on paper that those guests receive that another Zenith would not also receive (at least from loyalty benefits).

Although, maybe there should be recognition for all above that level when there are several onboard (the current situation). I mean come on, they're Super Ultra!

I know there is a lot of talk about the Zeniths on this thread. I think it's mostly to encourage Jim and Iain to become Super Ultra Zenith and have all of us vicariously along for the ride.

Best wishes on your ascent perhaps on the Ascent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Doesn't appear that there are any martinis in the Martini bar in the SDP and the large ones are $1 over the Premium $17 limit. That is real nickel and diming.

I believe this has been the case on E-class since the launch of Edge.

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We haven't abandoned Celebrity and have 11 cruises booked through the end of 2024.

Ponant is a Explorer small ship cruise which is 100% a total experience.   Many of warn us they don't have the shows, entertainment, activities of Celebrity --- but we don't do any.   I think the thing we will notice is the Cabin Size and not having a Retreat Lounge.   That's why we are doing a teaser cruise -  to see if it's an option.  

Many guests we have been chatting with highly recommend Azamara and Seabourn -   possible options.    I'm sure Celebrity will be our number one cruise lines but I have spotted a Silver Seas cruise that has spiked my interest.   Johannesburg up the west coast of Africa and then a TA to Rio.   

Africa is on my bucket list and I hear the Lion's calling.

I like the look of the new Explora Journey ships and their itineraries. Looking forward to first reviews. @Happy Cruiser 6143 if you're reading this, did  I see you are cruising with them this year?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oville said:

When we sailed on Edge in February 2020, we had the DBP and were not charged an extra $1.00 for a regular martini.  We did get charged extra for the Flight and for the 25th Anniversary Margaria.

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

At least five cruisers - all individuals who get double points for every cruise - have 10,000+ points. Maybe there should be a Super Ultra Zenith level at 10k? I kid. Other than being top cruiser and getting flowers, wine, and a free specialty there is nothing on paper that those guests receive that another Zenith would not also receive (at least from loyalty benefits).

Although, maybe there should be recognition for all above that level when there are several onboard (the current situation). I mean come on, they're Super Ultra!

I know there is a lot of talk about the Zeniths on this thread. I think it's mostly to encourage Jim and Iain to become Super Ultra Zenith and have all of us vicariously along for the ride.

Best wishes on your ascent perhaps on the Ascent.

I have suggested a Zenith Plus level to Celebrity MANY times. Would be at 7500 points (similar point difference as Elite to Elite Plus). Those with 10,000 sail in the top level suites and get unlimited specialty and top level wine anyway.One is crossing 12,000 presently !!!

44 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

I have suggested a Zenith Plus level to Celebrity MANY times. Would be at 7500 points (similar point difference as Elite to Elite Plus). Those with 10,000 sail in the top level suites and get unlimited specialty and top level wine anyway.One is crossing 12,000 presently !!!

for us a level after E plus  would be fun..no big perks needed..maybe a small ship bd credit????  or a souvenier photo frame???

• Like 1

If someone on board could do me a favour, can you ask Captain Nikolas when he is out and about how long he will be on the ship? We are on the June 25 sailing from Rotterdam. It would be nice to see him again. He is such a personable man and great Captain.

1 hour ago, Payd said:

If someone on board could do me a favour, can you ask Captain Nikolas when he is out and about how long he will be on the ship? We are on the June 25 sailing from Rotterdam. It would be nice to see him again. He is such a personable man and great Captain.

He returned from vacation on April 15.

Captains work 3 months on / 3 months off.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-bluetooth-speaker/

While not listed many really small Travel Bluetooth Speakers and better quality by a longshot to a TV.   With Amazon -  buy, try, return  and try again if not of the quality you want... oops don't tell Amazon.  We all know how good they are about returns.

For real tiny -

image.thumb.png.ef527fc64b39186e24ef2d337c153dbe.png

image.thumb.png.bd2ae7672994c40c4f3060e59eb4020c.png

image.thumb.png.db0e3c6efa17cd77ea73d2ef4ca198a9.png

I have the JBL  It's got great sound, has the clip hook, and is waterproof.  Can clip it to almost anything and bring it with us.

11 hours ago, hcat said:

hmm  some of the art is easier to follow than others..like the silver one with a violin( viola?) and dancers...no clue?

You may have to see them to understand and my photography probably did little justice.  The background is a Mirror and the are 3 dimensional cutout from paper.    Even explaining --- they aren't may favorites.    They are at the doors to the Theater entrance on 4 and 5.

10 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Zenith is 3000 points, you have a ways to go, I bet 😜😜

1000 nights in a verandah

375 nights in a Sky Suite

125 nights in an Iconic Suite 

all assuming no double point promos, of course. 

mac_tlc

And if you are a single traveling along you can cut that in half.   Possibly you can combine with the Double Points Bonus Cruises.   You can get that a wee bit faster if you participate in the power up point bonuses

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Oville said:

I can't confirm it as I don't drink and didn't notice.   I don't believe they have the smaller martini glasses the do on the M and S class ships in the Martini bar.