Do you tip for drink delivery from ap?

Peckishpixie

12 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

It's a big smack in the face with reality when I come home and have to put the water in the kennel, turn it on and make my 

Isn't it the worst?! The first day after a cruise and no breakfast delivery always makes me cry

8 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Really, if you don't like tipping just move along. No one is making you post a comment or tip for that matter. How on earth does my desire to tip  harm you? 

Don't like the answer then don't ask the question on an open forum. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

Really, if you don't like tipping just move along. No one is making you post a comment or tip for that matter. How on earth does my desire to tip  harm you? 

Don't like the answer then don't ask the question on an open forum. Only stated I do not like to double or triple tip. 

• Like 2

No, because I purchase the Princess  Plus package and my gratuities and the 18% beverage service fee is baked into the package.  I've purposefully prepaid it up front so that I don't have to worry about tipping once onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Peckishpixie said:

I just really hoped people who don't want to tip would just move on but some folks just can't help themselves

🤨 reading comprehension plays into to this.  "This question is for the "yes" tippers." While we do leave the tipping program in place,  I/we will slip a Lincoln under the cocktail napkin before leaving. I'd be patting myself down looking for my money clip, this could be problematic while pool side 😄. My personal assistant always travels  with a large bag, with that, I'm certain that the delivery would be discretely tipped. Nearing the end of the cruise envelopes with a personal note of gratitude are filled, sealed  and first names written on the outside and hand the envelope to that specific person. 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PLUS breakdown ( again ) to US

$60 pppd less 15 (rounded) for grats = 45

ice cream treats and exercise classed - 0 value to us

wifi - very little so the $5 pppd will be used = $40 for 'beverages  'including tips'

$33.90 for drinks + 18% ($6.10) = $40 per day pp - so in your PLUS package, you are tipping 'up to'

$6.10 - use it or lose it.  

do we 'tip extra' - yep ... are either of us in the 'service business' - nope

• Like 2

10 hours ago, c-boy said:

🤨 reading comprehension plays into to this.  "This question is for the "yes" tippers." While we do leave the tipping program in place,  I/we will slip a Lincoln under the cocktail napkin before leaving.

A Lincoln?? Dastardly!! Have you no shame or self-respect??

A man at your station in life surely realizes that anything short of a Franklin does a disservice to all involved. 
The bag carried by your PA will weigh no more nor be any more cumbersome with the requisite notes contained within.

Like the Bluebird of Happiness, Franklins spread joy and fullment to whomever they touch. 

6 hours ago, c-boy said:

🤨 reading comprehension plays into to this.  "This question is for the "yes" tippers." While we do leave the tipping program in place,  I/we will slip a Lincoln under the cocktail napkin before leaving. I'd be patting myself down looking for my money clip, this could be problematic while pool side 😄. My personal assistant always travels  with a large bag, with that, I'm certain that the delivery would be discretely tipped. Nearing the end of the cruise envelopes with a personal note of gratitude are filled, sealed  and first names written on the outside and hand the envelope to that specific person. 

Unless one makes the effort to visit guest services and have the daily service charge removed, we're all "yes" tippers.  

• Like 1

I tip for every "delivered" drink. If you are asking/requiring someone to go fetch you a drink and deliver it to you, then I feel they should be tipped extra for the service. I feel that the automatic tip placed on each drink order is simply part of the drink's cost.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 7:29 AM, Peckishpixie said:

I dont want to start another tip controversy and debate wether tipping is good or bad. This question is for the "yes" tippers.

For each drink delivered from any bar - No.

For each drinks ordered at the bar - No.

On the final night of the cruise I give tips directly to the bartenders and servers I feel gave excellent service. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rhblake said:

. If you are asking/requiring someone to go fetch you a drink and deliver it to you, then I feel they should be tipped extra for the service

They are merely doing their job, in the same way the staff in the buffet are doing their job clearing tables. No need to tip either. 

• Like 2

Suppose I only order 4 drinks per day with the plus package and since I've prepaid with the package plan for the whole cruise and gratuities for 15 drinks are already included, how are the gratuities for my unordered drinks distributed among the crew? Since Princess didn't have to serve those unorder drinks is it possible that they just keep those gratuities?

31 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Suppose I only order 4 drinks per day with the plus package and since I've prepaid with the package plan for the whole cruise and gratuities for 15 drinks are already included, how are the gratuities for my unordered drinks distributed among the crew? Since Princess didn't have to serve those unorder drinks is it possible that they just keep those gratuities?

Excellent question.

I'm glad cruises are, for the most part, cashless.  Otherwise we'd probably see tip jars at the International Cafe, the Salty Dog, and the Pizzaria.

1 hour ago, rhblake said:

I tip for every "delivered" drink. If you are asking/requiring someone to go fetch you a drink and deliver it to you, then I feel they should be tipped extra for the service. I feel that the automatic tip placed on each drink order is simply part of the drink's cost.

No one is asking requiring anyone to " go fetch a drink and deliver it to you". It is part of the job they hired on to perform.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:33 PM, Peckishpixie said:

I just really hoped people who don't want to tip would just move on but some folks just can't help themselves

I try and keep my hopes realistic.  Less disappointment that way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Excellent question.

I'm glad cruises are, for the most part, cashless.  Otherwise we'd probably see tip jars at the International Cafe, the Salty Dog, and the Pizzaria.

There was a tip jar at the IC on the Enchanted the last full day of our cruise in March. 

Just now, SargassoPirate said:

*****, are you kidding?  I am surprised that management allowed it. 

I think I recall seeing it but now I'm having second thoughts. 

I do recall for sure, many people giving the barista envelopes. 

• Like 1