What is the Serenade doing April 27 - 30

This is just me being curious, well, nosy.

We are on the Serenade on April 30th. It is cruising out of The Port of Tampa, Terminal 2 rather than Terminal 6. The previous cruise docs in Tampa on the 27th. What is the ship going to do between the 27th and the 30th? I can't find any evidence of any sailing for those 3 days. Will it sit in port? That seems expensive if they are charged for being docked. 

Again, just curious.

Dolby1000

Edited by Dolby1000

35 minutes ago, 01Sweetpea said:

Just got off the Serenade yesterday, and she is in “wet dock’ for the next few days.  Hopefully they are sprucing her up as she needs it.  There is a lot of war and tear and it shows. 

Went on older Grandeur late last year for 14 nights and Serenade late in 2021 for 13 nights. Both were fine. Both ships priced much lower per night than newer Royal ships and fine for us.  No sprucing needed. They age well unlike some Carnival ships where they were tacky from the beginning.

Edited by coaster

5 hours ago, 01Sweetpea said:

Just got off the Serenade yesterday, and she is in “wet dock’ for the next few days.  Hopefully they are sprucing her up as she needs it.  There is a lot of war and tear and it shows. 

Agree, was watching them painting Hull for about 15hrs yesterday. 

• Like 1

All older ships seem to show some wear as I mostly sail on them having been on Grandeur 14 nights late last year and Serenade 13 nights in late 2021. Rhapsody from Tampa also on 3 cruises and Empress on 3 cruises from Miami before Covid. Nothing to mention here as being worn and torn at any alarming degree as I am used to older ships and not picky. Maybe installing washer and dryers as I heard these would be added before Serenade's world cruise. Maybe something else in addition or none of these things. Only seen the Norwegian Sea and Carnival Tropicale in wet dock here in Tampa in the late 90's to early 2000's for refurbishments. This 3 day pause in Tampa for Serenade is pretty unique. Work is getting done somewhere.

Edited by coaster

10 hours ago, 01Sweetpea said:

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, was watching them painting Hull for about 15hrs yesterday. 

I agree with you both. We were on in February and as much as I love that ship, it did need some work. In comparison, we were on a Brilliance just 2 weeks after and it was in much better condition. It appeard to be run better too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I agree with you both. We were on in February and as much as I love that ship, it did need some work. In comparison, we were on a Brilliance just 2 weeks after and it was in much better condition. It appeard to be run better too. 

Agree. Went on Serenade twice earlier this year as well as Brilliance. 

Serenade was in rough shape and not a good experience either trip. We really enjoyed Brilliance. They were like night and day. I saw them replacing windows and painting the hull while docked in Tampa Friday. Hopefully they are doing some major work in these 3 days. 

15 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Agree. Went on Serenade twice earlier this year as well as Brilliance. 

Serenade was in rough shape and not a good experience either trip. We really enjoyed Brilliance. They were like night and day. I saw them replacing windows and painting the hull while docked in Tampa Friday. Hopefully they are doing some major work in these 3 days. 

How much major work can be done in 3 days?

7 hours ago, coaster said:

All older ships seem to show some wear as I mostly sail on them having been on Grandeur 14 nights late last year and Serenade 13 nights in late 2021. Rhapsody from Tampa also on 3 cruises and Empress on 3 cruises from Miami before Covid. Nothing to mention here as being worn and torn at any alarming degree as I am used to older ships and not picky. Maybe installing washer and dryers as I heard these would be added before Serenade's world cruise. Maybe something else in addition or none of these things. Only seen the Norwegian Sea and Carnival Tropicale in wet dock here in Tampa in the late 90's to early 2000's for refurbishments. This 3 day pause in Tampa for Serenade is pretty unique. Work is getting done somewhere.

On one of the port days, the maintenance team was replacing all the cabin door locking mechanisms. They locks were lined up in the hall next to every room. We were given notice that it was going to happen. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How much major work can be done in 3 days?

They could replace all the broken windows, replace carpet, and deep clean if properly planned. It is desperately needed. Do you think they took it out of service for 3 days NOT to give it some attention?

• Like 2