Shows? Pretty upset

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean several times and I have never had to reserve shows ahead of time. I received my email for pre check in but didn’t have my passport on me. I did it 2 days later. I was playing around on the app and saw that the shows needed to be reserved. Every. Single. Show. Every. Single. Night. Is already booked up. I guess there is a comedy show we can pay for but I don’t really want to pay for it. I’m so frustrated. Are there more tickets available when we get on the ship? We are on Allure May 21. I’m pretty bummed and it may stop be from going on this ship again. This is the most I’ve paid for a cruise and may not even get get a show. 

11 minutes ago, jlewisrn said:

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean several times and I have never had to reserve shows ahead of time. I received my email for pre check in but didn’t have my passport on me. I did it 2 days later. I was playing around on the app and saw that the shows needed to be reserved. Every. Single. Show. Every. Single. Night. Is already booked up. I guess there is a comedy show we can pay for but I don’t really want to pay for it. I’m so frustrated. Are there more tickets available when we get on the ship? We are on Allure May 21. I’m pretty bummed and it may stop be from going on this ship again. This is the most I’ve paid for a cruise and may not even get get a show. 

Don't stress.  Just go to the show when you're on the ship and they will let you in.

• Like 1

They hold spot for those who want to book onboard, but do it as one of the 1st things you do once on the ship.  If all else fails they do have standby lines for all the shows.  Can't remember exact timing of when standbys are let in but often most of the line, if not all, gets in.  The only exception is the comedy show as that is the smallest venue.  

• Like 1

Yup it’s been like this for awhile.  What ship? 
there’s always a standby line.   I didn’t have reservations on the wonder and never had an issue.  

I haven’t heard of a pay comedy show though.   

As others have said, there are some reservations held for booking onboard and you can always get into a show via the standby line. It's not like a sold out Broadway show or major sporting event. Don't stress.

Also, there is no pay comedy show.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jlewisrn said:

We dont even know what ship you are on. I've never heard of a comedy club you pay for either.

Around the 1st of the month prior to when you board shows open to book at least on oasis class. Not smaller ships. This has been since oasis started to sail they had shows to prebook. So it's been for a very long time.

About 15 minutes before each show they start letting in stand boys. I've always gotten into any show I wanted by just going. 

• Like 1

Comedy club on Oasis class is FREE

No need to stress 

Reservations are required, but I have always seen a standby Q (line)

And you have always had to reserve shows on Oasis and Quantum class

It is the norm, and has been for many years.

Happy Days!

• Like 2

Not knowing which vessel. On Iasis class the only shoes that I’m seats of is the production, Aqua, ice skating and the adult comedy. All others like entertainers are on first come basis. 

no charge for any shows unless you are on the Quantum thst have fees for North Star and the I/fly on certain occasions. 

24 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I wasn't aware that there was a charge for any entertainment (shows), including Comedy shows.  Has that changed, too?

On some ships you always needed to reserve shows. For example Comedy show. For this show reservations are very important as venue is small. If you do not book let's say main show like Mamma Mia (on Oasis or Quantum class) you can just show up and there will be a space as theater is large and people already have been watching it for many years so repeaters are likely to show up. I think they even removed reservations for those (but not for two70 shows like Spectra's cabaret).

33 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

Don't stress.  Just go to the show when you're on the ship and they will let you in.

Not for Comedy shows on Oasis class. Venue is small and they do check your reservations and there is a chance you won't get in. For water shows on Oasis class you may not get into particular show to, but chance is less. In large venues chance to get in without reservations are even larger.

47 minutes ago, jlewisrn said:

Reservations are not tied to check-in I believe. Also try to use it in browser rather than app.

25 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

What ship?

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We dont even know what ship you are on. 

In their post, they said they were on Allure, May 21

Depending on how many are in the party, if they do get into the comedy show on standby, they may not all get to sit together.  The nature of the beast for the comedy shows, where the number of passengers is 3x the number of seats available for those shows. 

Just now, h20skibum said:

In their post, they said they were on Allure, May 21

Depending on how many are in the party, if they do get into the comedy show on standby, they may not all get to sit together.  The nature of the beast for the comedy shows, where the number of passengers is 3x the number of seats available for those shows. 

Nature of the beast is that this show is also changes. Repeaters won't rush to watch Mamma Mia or We will rock you for gazillion time, but comedy changes. I usually check who is performing. 

Ah, last minute booking.  Been there, done that.  It can be frustrating.

Pre-cruise reservations for shows for May cruises probably opened April 1.  Saying you “just booked,” you posted the roll call for your cruise on April 6.  Many (perhaps all) those reservations may have been filled    by then.  Other cruisers who had booked their cruise many months ago snapped up pre cruise show reservations as soon as they opened.  If you cruise Oasis class again, you might do that, too.

45 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As others have said, there are some reservations held for booking onboard and you can always get into a show via the standby line. It's not like a sold out Broadway show or major sporting event. Don't stress.

Also, there is no pay comedy show.

Yes, RCI's version of "CATS" is standing room only!

🤣

• Haha 4

If you can't get in to the comedy club during the week - the comedians do a show in the main theater near the end of the trip. Some use the same material as in the club, some switch it up.