Beyond Luminae dirty windows

zitsky

On one cruise dining in Luminae for embarkation day lunch there was a woman waiting for a window table.  Those tables don’t mean much to us so we took what was available.   She got her table and it was adjacent or ours, as soon as she sat down she complained that there was a stain on the curtain.   She demanded another table with a clean curtain.  They apologized and said there was nothing else available and it would be a long wait for another table to open.   During the whole lunch  she complained about everything.  

That evening  she came in while we were there and was seated at another window  table.   She got up and went to the table that she was at for lunch and looked at the curtain.   She screamed across the dining room for the Matre D that the curtain was still stained and the window was dirty.   The whole situation made a very uncomfortable dining experience but was rather comical.   

I don’t know what really happened but we never seen her again.   

I would like to see the condition of her house.   I doubt it was as clean as Raymond’s mother Marie’s house or what she expected from Celebrity.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

I take it eating outside on the back deck of the Ocean View Cafe where there are no windows is not an option?

They banned me from the buffet.  I use my hands.  Next question?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CruisinShips said:

Is that better or worse than me bobbing for cole slaw?

It’s hard to compare a gourmet using an alternate way of eating with some Joe sucking up the coleslaw.

• Haha 3

X bean counters may  consider a "window cleaning fee" at $100 dollars per cabin. They add to the loyalty benefits giving Zeniths a 25% discount ; Elite + a 10% discount; and, Elites a 5% discount. The discount is for OV or above so inside rooms receive no discount regardless of loyalty status.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Let's see if we can make this Beyond pointless post 3+ pages long.

Wow only 3 pages long?  Why do you have to insult me?

P.S.  Here is your certificate of completion from the school of I have no sense of humor whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

P.S.  Here is your certificate of completion from the school of I have no sense of humor whatsoever.

This a CC Celebrity board...Zero sense of humor is required. 

• Haha 3

We were on Beyond mid April. They actually have a machine that goes from room to room, floor to floor that washing windows. I didn’t really see dirty windows. The seas were not rough on our cruise either so maybe not so much splashing to get windows dirty.

Gotta be other things to complain about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We were on Beyond mid April. They actually have a machine that goes from room to room, floor to floor that washing windows. I didn’t really see dirty windows. The seas were not rough on our cruise either so maybe not so much splashing to get windows dirty.

Gotta be other things to complain about.

Other things to complain about?

Ok.  The sommelier in the retreat gave me a glass of Veuve Clicquot when it wasn’t on the menu.  😭

• Like 2

It is really BEYOND me how on earth those cruise lines can not get their windows cleaned- get their act together.

One can´t possibly expect passenger enjoy their meals while looking- or trying for that matter- out of a dirty window. Spoils the whole meal.

The meat turns tough, the Salad turns green, the soup turns cold, the bread get´s dry, the ice creams melts.

The passengers get´s into histerics, the waiter cries- but let´s keep quite about it, yes- we should keep in mind: Loose lips sink ships.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

What-  they did nothing against it- that is not the Celebrity of the olden days- those golden days. They would have tugged that other ship away ASAP.

Now I know why people say that Celebrity is going downhill.  🙃

On 5/15/2023 at 5:21 AM, zitsky said:

Well shouldn’t they have someone out there cleaning the Luminae windows before I have lunch?  Should I do it myself?  🥸

Of course you can…. Every cabin on the ship has overalls in the closet by the life preservers. Why do you think they are there?  They expect you to help out when you can.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Of course you can…. Every cabin on the ship has overalls in the closet by the life preservers. Why do you think they are there?  They expect you to help out when you can.

I thought the overalls were for the donkey riding excursions.  😳

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Now I know why people say that Celebrity is going downhill.  🙃

Yes, but if it's a closed loop itinerary, they go back uphill to get to the original port for disembarkation.