Are pecan sticky buns still served in Al Bacio??

2chiefs

We haven't cruised Celebrity for 5 years and we have 3 upcoming cruises with Celebrity.

They had this phenomenal tasting pecan sticky bun at Al Bacio that was to die for. Does anyone know if they still serve this wonderful dessert?

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Their sticky buns are not that great 😢

Celebrity should steal the person who makes the buns on RCL 😁

We never saw a sticky bun on any of the 28 cruises we took on RCL. Where did you get them?

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

There were sticky buns a couple of times on our recent 10 night but not available daily.

Correct.  And, I thought the sticky buns were very good. 😋

I don't recall seeing them in Bacio, although I don't usually have to go to the case and look to see what's available.  After the first time, the servers know what my order will be, so I just sit down and they bring it to me (almond croissants and a mocha).  I have seen them occasionally in the buffet and I thought they were good.

They don't have the ones you remember but they have had them at both Al Bacio and Retreat.   They aren't as sticky as they once were and sometimes more like a topping instead of the tasty buns of years gone by.

• Like 1

Our last cruise, they had pecan sticky buns a couple of times in the buffet. On the Summit, the bread station is separate from the other stations and they would post a sign when they were cooking something special. 

If you sail on an E Class ship, then check out the cinnamon rolls at the Eden Cafe, they are fantastic!! Eden Cafe is in kind of a hidden area, open for breakfast and lunch, complimentary. Indoor and outdoor seating.  Try it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2023 at 5:59 AM, Jim_Iain said:

This is what they call a Sticky Bun on Apex in both retreat and Al Bacio

Not the yummy really sticky ones of the past   I seem to remember Solstice had some good ones  

IMG_5001.thumb.jpeg.8e0f5185bc634ca5376343973b2529aa.jpeg

IMG_4999.thumb.jpeg.5646c2c1b9c45e3996b002a9c4e45cc6.jpeg

Sorry, these are not what I'd call a traditional sticky bun.  Thanks for posting, but how disappointing.

On 5/18/2023 at 6:30 AM, 2chiefs said:

We haven't cruised Celebrity for 5 years and we have 3 upcoming cruises with Celebrity.

They had this phenomenal tasting pecan sticky bun at Al Bacio that was to die for. Does anyone know if they still serve this wonderful dessert?

They were on my last cruise in October (Silhouette) and when they are fresh....they are delicious!!