Formal nights dress code - does HAL enforce?

26 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We’ve seen t-shirts in the Pinnacle and bb caps at dinner so, no, no jacket required.  

Eek. I was going to ask if that was lunch, then re-read your post. Double eek.

DH wears a button down shirt, no tie, no jacket but that is not on dressy night. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Eek. I was going to ask if that was lunch, then re-read your post. Double eek.

DH wears a button down shirt, no tie, no jacket but that is not on dressy night. 

We were pretty shocked to say the least-and not even a nice t-shirt.  

Last night was a “dressy night” on Eurodam. We watched as two women in t-shirts and shorts, one wearing flip flops showed up for dinner in Pinnacle and were allowed to eat. So, no, there is no longer any dress code enforcement, at least not on Eurodam!

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, OHCruiser said:

There is no "enforcement". Clean & neat "resort casual" seems to fit the bill all of the time.

We no longer pack "dressy" clothes.  We don't enjoy dressing up & we don't want portraits.

We usually eat in the Lido--often the same food from the MDR served buffet style--and go to the show.

I'm over having other people care what I'm wearing.  I want to be comfortable when I'm on vacation.

Best way I know to be comfortable, buy cloths that fit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pschweig said:

Curious - are men still required to wear a jacket in the Pinnacle Grill?

Nowhere or time are jackets required on any HAL ship, purely optional.

• Like 1

We were on Zaandam at the end of August/early September last year. The dress was basically casual. I don't wear shorts to meals ever. For the "dressy" nights I wore dress slacks and a button down shirt my wife wore a black dress with some sparkly accessories. I think we saw a grand total of 3 tuxedos on the 11 day cruise. One couple renewed heir vows so he was in a tux and she wore her wedding dress they were enjoying drinks in Mix Bar.

Enjoy your cruise, use common sense (remember this isn't the Double Deuce Road House) and you should be fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We did back to back Caribbean on the Rotterdam. Definitely no formal and rarely even “dressy”!  Sequin flip flops are not formal or classy and with spandex!!

Guys in jeans and even baseball caps in all venues. The only place with some sports jackets and ladies a bit dressy was in Tamarind. 

I will say guys were turned away for wearing shorts at dinner, but the ladies were not.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:27 PM, pschweig said:

Curious - are men still required to wear a jacket in the Pinnacle Grill?

No - but many do.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

No - but many do.

Based on my experience at Pinnacle last month, about 50% of the men wore jackets and all the ladies were dressed nicely, certainly not in what they'd worn all day. 

• Like 1

We just got off of Nieuw Statendam last week.  We still enjoy dressy nights but I have to say very few people dressed any different than any other night for the Dining Room.  Blue jeans, no collared shirts and anything else they wanted to wear was fine.  I seen no one turned away.

Did 30 days  on the Zaadam in January and no one smelled bad nor were embaressingly poorly dress (JC Penny level on the FL to CA leg and Macy quality on the return trip)but the ship has certainly sailed on any thought of a dressy evening. One tux on each of two segments and besides myself very very few jackets on any evening (I alwayswear a blazer and fine slacks and shirts when dining in a linen table cloth establishment as it, to my thought, shows respect for the establishment's attempt at offering something better than cafeteria chow.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2024 at 12:24 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Grand Voyages have Formal Nighrs in addition to dressy.    Here is the official Grand Voyage Dress Code.  

Suit or Tux required on formal night 

IMG_5201.thumb.jpeg.a59f2c8be2b814972ff14f656e5daf7d.jpeg

Please tell me this doesn’t apply to Legendary Voyages 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:22 PM, shipshapegirl said:

We just got off of Nieuw Statendam last week.  We still enjoy dressy nights but I have to say very few people dressed any different than any other night for the Dining Room.  Blue jeans, no collared shirts and anything else they wanted to wear was fine.  I seen no one turned away.

This has become the norm as dressy nights have degraded to wear what you wear any other night. For me the only difference between dressy and casual night is I wear a button up shirt on dressy nights, and collared golf or pollo shirts the other nights.

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This has become the norm as dressy nights have degraded to wear what you wear any other night. For me the only difference between dressy and casual night is I wear a button up shirt on dressy nights, and collared golf or pollo shirts the other nights.

I'm with you 100%.  The only difference for me is that I wear my normal running shoes on casual nights and I wear the leather dress shoes on dressy nights.  Perhaps I’m overdressed.

• Like 1