The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 4th, 2023

richwmn

50 minutes ago, dfish said:

Eva, that is a very moving story of your dad.  After my mom and dad passed away I made books about them.  They are much like Sandi's cruise books with lots of pictures, but also important information about each of them.  I gave one to each sibling and one to each grandchild. The great grandchildren like to read the books about Great Grandpa Larry and Great Grandma Betsey.  

Sue and I went back to the paint store and explained our desires to the young man working today.  He helped us pick out new colors.  The orange no longer looks quite like Hallowe'en.  At first we didn't see a difference in the reds, but as the new one dried we could see that it was a little darker and not so hot pinkish.  

IMG_2394.thumb.jpg.66c16e135759ec071a5bb5754f772abb.jpg

This one is in the shade which is why the house looks green.  It really isn't yet.  And it will be a darker green.  These are the new red and new orange.  

IMG_2395.thumb.jpg.2f3770dd5548c0f18358a4b6cfbdb3b0.jpg

Here you can see them along with the original paint samples.  

IMG_2393.thumb.jpg.880a91bda87367175e2f3b83b2972c56.jpg

This one is in the sun.  I think I like the red better here.  Of course, the orange is nice, too.  

Decisions, decisions!  I like both new colors better.  Hopefully, the painters will paint some of the grren and brown next to the samples to help with the decision.

Lenda

• Like 12

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Eva, that is a very moving story of your dad.  After my mom and dad passed away I made books about them.  They are much like Sandi's cruise books with lots of pictures, but also important information about each of them.  I gave one to each sibling and one to each grandchild. The great grandchildren like to read the books about Great Grandpa Larry and Great Grandma Betsey.  

Sue and I went back to the paint store and explained our desires to the young man working today.  He helped us pick out new colors.  The orange no longer looks quite like Hallowe'en.  At first we didn't see a difference in the reds, but as the new one dried we could see that it was a little darker and not so hot pinkish.  

IMG_2394.thumb.jpg.66c16e135759ec071a5bb5754f772abb.jpg

This one is in the shade which is why the house looks green.  It really isn't yet.  And it will be a darker green.  These are the new red and new orange.  

IMG_2395.thumb.jpg.2f3770dd5548c0f18358a4b6cfbdb3b0.jpg

Here you can see them along with the original paint samples.  

IMG_2393.thumb.jpg.880a91bda87367175e2f3b83b2972c56.jpg

This one is in the sun.  I think I like the red better here.  Of course, the orange is nice, too.  

If I get a vote, I vote for the red. 

• Like 9

@dfish  The new orange looks like a good coral.  So, until the green is on, it will be a tough choice.

@Mtn2SeaI see the face, explains why I feel so old?

It has just started thundering and the air is heavy with rain.  It just isnt falling yet, and the computer says it's 80 and sunny.  Pretty sure it is somewhere, just not here.

The porch got cleaned up, and Furnando was the first one out, he curled up on the rocking chair, and flew out of it when my very nice Vietnamese neighbor brought over a huge plate of just made fried spring rolls, and I was hungry-how did she know?  

Donna, the dog owner came over after that with the dog, the dog has a tumor on her eye, but because the vet is still not allowing humans in to be in the exam room with the owner, she has not taken the dog to the vet.  She did take her for her shots to an "open vet service" and they strongly told her to get the dog to a VET NOW!  My services may or may not be needed.

DH has to use the computer, so bye for now!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday.  Am not sure the I posted last, but I truly enjoy "reading" as much as I can without my glasses!  Still using readers perched along my chin which is not fun!

I honestly don't think I have ever had a surgery or an illness that has defeated me as much as this plastic surgery.  I can't go out (don't want to frighten anyone with the mess on my nose), can't drive out of my little town, and have nothing to occupy time except TV!  I will be so happy to have the second surgery on Thursday and then those stitches will come out on June 15.  Hopefully, my life will return to somewhat normal after that!

It is a beautiful sunny day in Western Colorado and we haven't had much rain in the past week or two.  Still holding out breath with the high waters in the Colorado.  Hope that it helps Lakes Powell and Mead!  So far no flooding that has impacted people much and caused damages.

My prayers for all on the Cares list, and congratulations to those celebrating!

Have a great rest of the day.

Mary Kay

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

Sorry so late tonight.  Just busy all day with the book. 

Brenda @bennybear, Vanessa @JazzyV,  Carolyn @Cruising-along, Jacqui @kazu, and  Gerry @ger_77 thanks for your comments regarding Nan and babes today.  Yes, it's been sad because we were so close.  

Bruce @aliaschief your Azamazing Evening looked perfect.  Hope it lived up to that!

Vanessa @JazzyV hope the treadmill is working well too.  We may wait until Tuesday though because DH likes to walk outside on M-W-F.  Depends on weather too.

Carolyn @Cruising-along thanks for the photos of Corner Brook Stream Trail.  I think we'd like to do that too.  Better than looking for itch cream!

Tony @sailingdutchy very nice photos of Corner Brook from you, too but sorry you got wet!!

Eva @superoma what a wonderful story about your DF.  You must be so proud of him.

Graham @grapau27 congrats to Pauline and Sarah on their concert plans.  Sounds awesome!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser that is crazy about all the phony relative photos!  Did they think they'd get away with it?  😂

Annie @marshhawk when you posted that it was supposedly 80 and sunny in Stone Mountain, it actually was here down south!  Then an hour later the rain came pouring down.  It's 70 now.  Your neighbor Donna is not too bright, no offense to you.  Not taking her dog to a vet when he has a tumor is cruel and inhumane.

Mary Kay @cruzn single I'm really sorry the plastic surgery is still such a mess and you feel uncomfortable.  Hoping the follow up is perfect and fixes you right up.  Hugs from me (a melanoma skin cancer survivor).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  We got a light rain earlier, and it is raining now.  I just don't know how much we'll get, so I'm not turning the sprikler system off.  That is the best way to keep us from getting a good rain.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish  The new orange looks like a good coral.  So, until the green is on, it will be a tough choice.

@Mtn2SeaI see the face, explains why I feel so old?

It has just started thundering and the air is heavy with rain.  It just isnt falling yet, and the computer says it's 80 and sunny.  Pretty sure it is somewhere, just not here.

The porch got cleaned up, and Furnando was the first one out, he curled up on the rocking chair, and flew out of it when my very nice Vietnamese neighbor brought over a huge plate of just made fried spring rolls, and I was hungry-how did she know?  

Donna, the dog owner came over after that with the dog, the dog has a tumor on her eye, but because the vet is still not allowing humans in to be in the exam room with the owner, she has not taken the dog to the vet.  She did take her for her shots to an "open vet service" and they strongly told her to get the dog to a VET NOW!  My services may or may not be needed.

DH has to use the computer, so bye for now!

Annie, it was nice of your neighbor to bring you some spring rolls.  I also think your neighbor is being cruel to the dog.  Delaying could cost the dog its sight or eye but even worse its life.  I would want to be in the exam room with my pet if possible, but the best interest of the animal should come before the owner's wants.

2 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Good afternoon and Happy Sunday.  Am not sure the I posted last, but I truly enjoy "reading" as much as I can without my glasses!  Still using readers perched along my chin which is not fun!

I honestly don't think I have ever had a surgery or an illness that has defeated me as much as this plastic surgery.  I can't go out (don't want to frighten anyone with the mess on my nose), can't drive out of my little town, and have nothing to occupy time except TV!  I will be so happy to have the second surgery on Thursday and then those stitches will come out on June 15.  Hopefully, my life will return to somewhat normal after that!

It is a beautiful sunny day in Western Colorado and we haven't had much rain in the past week or two.  Still holding out breath with the high waters in the Colorado.  Hope that it helps Lakes Powell and Mead!  So far no flooding that has impacted people much and caused damages.

My prayers for all on the Cares list, and congratulations to those celebrating!

Have a great rest of the day.

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I'm sorry the surgery has caused so many problems, and I hope the second surgery will solve all the problems.  In the meantime, have you thought about using a magnifying glass to read?   I would alsolike to see some of the water in the Colorado fill Lake Powell and Lake Mead.

40 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry so late tonight.  Just busy all day with the book. 

Brenda @bennybear, Vanessa @JazzyV,  Carolyn @Cruising-along, Jacqui @kazu, and  Gerry @ger_77 thanks for your comments regarding Nan and babes today.  Yes, it's been sad because we were so close.  

Bruce @aliaschief your Azamazing Evening looked perfect.  Hope it lived up to that!

Vanessa @JazzyV hope the treadmill is working well too.  We may wait until Tuesday though because DH likes to walk outside on M-W-F.  Depends on weather too.

Carolyn @Cruising-along thanks for the photos of Corner Brook Stream Trail.  I think we'd like to do that too.  Better than looking for itch cream!

Tony @sailingdutchy very nice photos of Corner Brook from you, too but sorry you got wet!!

Eva @superoma what a wonderful story about your DF.  You must be so proud of him.

Graham @grapau27 congrats to Pauline and Sarah on their concert plans.  Sounds awesome!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser that is crazy about all the phony relative photos!  Did they think they'd get away with it?  😂

Annie @marshhawk when you posted that it was supposedly 80 and sunny in Stone Mountain, it actually was here down south!  Then an hour later the rain came pouring down.  It's 70 now.  Your neighbor Donna is not too bright, no offense to you.  Not taking her dog to a vet when he has a tumor is cruel and inhumane.

Mary Kay @cruzn single I'm really sorry the plastic surgery is still such a mess and you feel uncomfortable.  Hoping the follow up is perfect and fixes you right up.  Hugs from me (a melanoma skin cancer survivor).

Sandi, I don't know what people were thinking when posting some of the phony photos.  The most blatant was the easily recognised one of George Washington.  The others weren't obvious if you didn't check them out.  BTW, it's easy to double check most pictures on the internet.  Just right click on the picture, then get Google to do a search.  After the GW picture, that didn't need checking, I'm checking every picture.

We are now getting a nice steady rain.

Lenda

• Like 12