Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

7 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I disagree.  I have been on both lines and in suites on Regent (Seven Seas Aft was my favourite).  But I find the suites on Oceania to be better looked after (though hopefully Regent has caught up with that) and we loved the ones we have had - on Riviera the Owners Suite, Vista suite and Oceania suites.  All top notch.  Food is great and since as a rule we don't take excursions (though we are happy to drink!) Oceania's current pricing suits us.  But it is to change in two days time...we have to see what they offer.

I can’t fairly judge, as I haven’t been on Regent yet.  I can only compare the online brochures where the lowest to highest cabins on each line are shown.  Regent doesn’t have anything less than a large balcony (no insides or ocean views), and their largest and most lavish suites are simply “over the top”. 
It puzzles me that that their service doesn’t seem to measure up to your expectations…but again, I haven’t been aboard Regent, and do have to agree with you that Oceania’s stewards are excellent.🙂

22 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I can’t fairly judge, as I haven’t been on Regent yet.  I can only compare the online brochures where the lowest to highest cabins on each line are shown.  Regent doesn’t have anything less than a large balcony (no insides or ocean views), and their largest and most lavish suites are simply “over the top”. 
It puzzles me that that their service doesn’t seem to measure up to your expectations…but again, I haven’t been aboard Regent, and do have to agree with you that Oceania’s stewards are excellent.🙂

What Regent does have are 3 suites in-between the equivalent of an O PH and the very very large suites.

Here's the onboard credit info with Simply More.  This is less than what OLife offers.  For example, a 10-day cruise under OLife comes with 6 excursions per stateroom, each up to $199.

7-9 Days: $600 Per Stateroom
10-13 Days: $800 Per Stateroom
14-18 Days: $1,000 Per Stateroom
19-24 Days: $1,200 Per Stateroom
25-30 Days: $1,400 Per Stateroom
31-35 Days: $1,600 Per Stateroom

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:32 AM, WNcruiser said:

No, they will not. You must upgrade to Simply More. 

Not required to upgrade … you can reprice if you wish at the prevailing rate once Simply More comes into play.  Or you can keep your existing bookings as is.  I am on the ATW at the moment and this is how the O Club Ambassador explained it at her presentation earlier this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TonicTraveler said:

Here's the onboard credit info with Simply More.  This is less than what OLife offers.  For example, a 10-day cruise under OLife comes with 6 excursions per stateroom, each up to $199.

One caveat- the Simply More perk can be used for more than just the O Life allowable ones. This may pan out to be good for those who mix ship and private tours.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

Not required to upgrade … you can reprice if you wish at the prevailing rate once Simply More comes into play.  Or you can keep your existing bookings as is.  I am on the ATW at the moment and this is how the O Club Ambassador explained it at her presentation earlier this week.

Yes, this has already been established. I should have worded it differently, but was responding to the OP who was asking if she would be forced to. The answer as we all know is no. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TonicTraveler said:

If Oceania actually does this, it would be very interesting to know how much of a premium it would cost over the "cruise only" fare (which can be determined, at least for cruises that were booked before next week).  Obviously, the "Simply More" add-on (I'm hoping it is going to be an add-on, but may not) would include more than just shore excursions, but it should be easy to add up the typical costs of other components based on pricing now.  I suspect that they are planning to continue to play the same game (and up the game) by making the pricing even more opaque than before, because, apparently, whether we like it or not, it has somehow worked for them for many years.

Edited by Psoque

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

If Oceania actually does this, it would be very interesting to know how much of a premium it would cost over the "cruise only" fare (which can be determined, at least for cruises that were booked before next week).  Obviously, the "Simply More" add-on (I'm hoping it is going to be an add-on, but may not) would include more than just shore excursions, but it should be easy to add up the typical costs of other components based on pricing now.  I suspect that they are planning to continue to play the same game (and up the game) by making the pricing even more opaque than before, because, apparently, whether we like it or not, it has somehow worked for them for many years.

After tomorrow there will be Simply more with air or without air for all new bookings on sailings after 01OCT 2023 - very simple!  Nothing opaque about it....Simply more will include, beyond the current inclusions of an O cruise, 2 WIFI accounts per stateroom, wine and beer with meals and OBC to be used to pay for shore excursions (the amount dependent upon the length of the cruise and listed above).  It is not an add on.....if you have booked a cruise prior to 01JUL under Olife or "cruise only" you will have the option to keep your booking as is or switching to Simply More and paying the difference in price.  Simply More program begins with sailings on 01OCT 2023.

Edited by basor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, basor said:

Simply More program begins with sailings on 31OCT 203.

I think it is for  sailings starting  Oct 1st  2023 😉

I know it is early there

• Haha 1

for those of us that do not drink any alcoholic beverages nor do ships tours, this is seen as a real  blow...

granted, there may not be many of us....

so we will pay more for those that will enjoy the drinks and the tours...nothing new about that...

as for me, not fretting too much....have 10 O cruises booked into May of 2025 and hope that I can keep things as they are....of course if there is a sale, to rebook and benefit from it, will have to rebook and book with the new O ...so that will not be an option...

bottom line...as long as food is still the best we can do and the ambiance stays as it was, we will be happy....

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I think it is for  sailings starting  Oct 1st  2023 😉

I know it is early there

Correct - on all new reservations beginning July 1, 2023, for sailings departing October 1, 2023, or later.

For years, people were complaining about O "opaque" pricing. oLife was not really complicated actually once you spent a few minutes to understand it.

Now they make it even more simple. You can book with air or without air. Both options have certain inclusions. Cannot be any more simple, and people still complain and call it opaque..

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

For years, people were complaining about O "opaque" pricing. oLife was not really complicated actually once you spent a few minutes to understand it.

Now they make it even more simple. You can book with air or without air. Both options have certain inclusions. Cannot be any more simple, and people still complain and call it opaque..

Yeah, I’ve noticed people like to complain a lot on here. Oh well, I guess that is what this internet thing was invented for…

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed people like to complain a lot on here. Oh well, I guess that is what this internet thing was invented for…

There has seemed to be an influx of negativity to this site lately. Seriously folks, life is good, we can afford to take nice vacations, look on the bright side, not everyone is out to trick you or steal your money. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

for those of us that do not drink any alcoholic beverages nor do ships tours, this is seen as a real  blow...

granted, there may not be many of us....

so we will pay more for those that will enjoy the drinks and the tours...nothing new about that...

as for me, not fretting too much....have 10 O cruises booked into May of 2025 and hope that I can keep things as they are....of course if there is a sale, to rebook and benefit from it, will have to rebook and book with the new O ...so that will not be an option...

bottom line...as long as food is still the best we can do and the ambiance stays as it was, we will be happy....

Or, you can switch to a cruise line with lower fares, and “a la carte” pricing, paying extra only for those things of value to you, and not “subsidising” those that are not…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Or, you can switch to a cruise line with lower fares, and “a la carte” pricing, paying extra only for those things of value to you, and not “subsidising” those that are not…

We love  Oceania.  I doubt there is another cruiseline that would make us happy.  Unless, we spent double and went with Regent. 

We "experimented" with lower priced lines in higher categories. We didn't enjoy Princess nor Celebrity. Too many things to explain here. 

We know Oceania costs more but why eat at McDonald's if I blessedly can afford Le Cirque?

Just saying🦋❤️🌊🌻😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

We love  Oceania.  I doubt there is another cruiseline that would make us happy.  Unless  we spent double and went to Regent. 

We "experimented" with lower priced lines in higher categories. We didn't enjoy Princess nor Celebrity. Too many things to explain here. 

We know Oceania costs more but why eat at McDonald's if I blessedly can afford Le Cirque. 

Just saying🦋❤️🌊🌻😎

Granted that Oceania holds a unique niche that measures “just right”, on most things for most of the people on this board.  But if it is just food you are comparing, the lower fares would allow you to select a specialty restaurant on the lower priced lines every night.  IMHO, NCL’s “Cagney’s Steakhouse” is at least as good as Polo…🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Granted that Oceania holds a unique niche that measures “just right”, on most things for most of the people on this board.  But if it is just food you are comparing, the lower fares would allow you to select a specialty restaurant on the lower priced lines every night.  IMHO, NCL’s “Cagney’s Steakhouse” is at least as good as Polo…🤷‍♂️

I can't explain but if you're on a ATW you know how special the Oceania experience can be.

It's not just the food on the other lines. More, it's the Quality of the food, the ambience in Restaurants, the noisy pool decks, the crowds,  children running around (although a TA usually doesn't have many). I love children but don't want to vacation with someone else's family.

On the 1 Celebrity  and 1 Princess  we found the special Restaurants were inferior to those on Oceania.  I wouldn't pay to eat there in any city, so why pay on their ships?  I also dislike caste systems.  Too many things for me to mention in detail. 

Thanks 😎

Edited by Rainbow3fe
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I can't explain but if you're on a ATW you know how special the Oceania experience can be.

It's not just the food on the other lines. More, it's the Quality of the food, the ambience in Restaurants, the noisy pool decks, the crowds,  children running around (although a TA usually doesn't have many). I love children but don't want to vacation with someone else's family.

On the 1 Celebrity  and 1 Princess  we found the special Restaurants were inferior to those on Oceania.  I wouldn't pay to eat there in any city, so why pay on their ships?  I also dislike caste systems.  Too many things for me to mention in detail. 

Thanks 😎

I couldn't say it better.

It's not only about the food, it's the whole package.

Regarding the cost, when people complain that O is expensive, I suggest checking Celebrity prices. Their "start from" prices look low, but they exclude port fees and are for non refundable deposit. A refundable deposit increases the price dramatically. And when you add non alcoholic drinks, internet, specialty restaurants etc. the prices become pretty close (sometimes even higher than O). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

Nope, O suits us, not shopping around, we are savy cruisers with over 60 cruises on various lines...

Sticking to what we like and building loyalty, unless things significantly change for us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, basor said:

After tomorrow there will be Simply more with air or without air for all new bookings on sailings after 01OCT 2023 - very simple!  Nothing opaque about it....Simply more will include, beyond the current inclusions of an O cruise, 2 WIFI accounts per stateroom, wine and beer with meals and OBC to be used to pay for shore excursions (the amount dependent upon the length of the cruise and listed above).  It is not an add on.....if you have booked a cruise prior to 01JUL under Olife or "cruise only" you will have the option to keep your booking as is or switching to Simply More and paying the difference in price.  Simply More program begins with sailings on 01OCT 2023.

Actually, the new pricing model will make the pricing a bit more opaque than before.  With “Simply More,” the cost of Wifi (or, more precisely cost of the second Wifi user), the cost of mealtime alcohol, and the cost of excursion credit will be bundled into the cruise fare, making it nearly impossible to separate it out.

• Like 1