Can I move to a higher C&A status during a cruise?

I am 1 point shy of diamond status. I have a 9 night cruise booked so will in theory become Diamond status after the first night. Would my status be upgraded at that time or only after the cruise?

• Like 1

Nope, you'll have to wait for your next cruise. If it's worth the free drink perks (which will equal $504 on your 9 day cruise), then you should look for a cheap 3 day cruise prior to the 9 day. 

Not sure you can find a cruise that costs less than $504 anymore though. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

9 hours ago, DT1304 said:

Ok, thats what I thought.

I have seen there is a cheap 3 day cruise in November (and the 9 night cruise is in December) so I may just book it.

Thanks all.

Something new to look forward to on your next cruise. 🍻

• Like 1

Just for completeness in answering the question in the thread title, and not the OP's specific situation, The only C&A Status you get immediately upon reaching the milestone is Pinnacle. For all others, you have to wait until the next cruise (as previously stated)

13 hours ago, DT1304 said:

I have seen there is a cheap 3 day cruise in November (and the 9 night cruise is in December) so I may just book it.

Thanks all.

Good move if it is cheap enough and you find value in the 4 free drinks each day.  But if you are the type to buy the drink package or do not t drink at all and are fine with included beverages, an extra cruise may not be worth it.  

20 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Just for completeness in answering the question in the thread title, and not the OP's specific situation, The only C&A Status you get immediately upon reaching the milestone is Pinnacle. For all others, you have to wait until the next cruise (as previously stated)

If you reach Pinnacle during a cruise, you are recognized as reaching Pinnacle status at the Top Tier event.  However, you do not receive Pinnacle benefits until your next cruise.  We reached Pinnacle on our cruise 2 weeks ago and Diamond + benefits were in effect.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DT1304 said:

I am 1 point shy of diamond status. I have a 9 night cruise booked so will in theory become Diamond status after the first night. Would my status be upgraded at that time or only after the cruise?

It is rare, and depends entirely on the mood of the loyalty ambassador on board, but there have been reports of an LA upgrading the on board benefits in situations such as yours. The worst that can happen is they say no when you ask them politely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ludlow said:

If you reach Pinnacle during a cruise, you are recognized as reaching Pinnacle status at the Top Tier event.  However, you do not receive Pinnacle benefits until your next cruise.  We reached Pinnacle on our cruise 2 weeks ago and Diamond + benefits were in effect.

Congratulations!

On 6/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, DT1304 said:

We had the exact same problem, as we were 2 points shy and the answer, as they told us, is NO. You have to wait until the next cruise.  Sorry.

Cheers

Len

Imagine the logistical and IT chaos if people changed tier mid cruise… they would suddenly be entitled to 4/5/6 drinks, they would suddenly be entitled to 1or 2 days days or free Wi-Fi, they would suddenly be entitled to bottles of wine, they would suddenly be entitled to be able to access the DL… 

*varies by tier 

Edited by little britain

On 6/22/2023 at 11:27 PM, DT1304 said:

Thanks all.

It takes about a week for your new points to post, so you may have to call C&A to expedite the process if your next cruise is too close to your qualifying cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 12:08 PM, orville99 said:

It is rare, and depends entirely on the mood of the loyalty ambassador on board, but there have been reports of an LA upgrading the on board benefits in situations such as yours. The worst that can happen is they say no when you ask them politely.

There have also been reports of people being angry because they were summarily dismissed by the LA when they tried to get their status changed during the cruise. Never mind that they were being rude in even asking that rules be overlooked for them. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:08 PM, orville99 said:

Where have you seen these reports? I have never heard of anyone being upgraded in the middle of a cruise. I have seen first hand people getting upgraded at the end of a cruise when doing a B2B, but that is a separate situation 

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Where have you seen these reports? I have never heard of anyone being upgraded in the middle of a cruise. I have seen first hand people getting upgraded at the end of a cruise when doing a B2B, but that is a separate situation 

I’m in a similar situation.  I will be traveling on a B2B, and will get to Diamond on my first leg (with an extra day to spare).  Anyone know of a way to ensure or better my chances that my Diamond is recognized for the second leg of my B2B?

1 minute ago, nanseev said:

I’m in a similar situation.  I will be traveling on a B2B, and will get to Diamond on my first leg (with an extra day to spare).  Anyone know of a way to ensure or better my chances that my Diamond is recognized for the second leg of my B2B?

15 minutes ago, nanseev said:

Your chances of being diamond on the second cruise is roughly 100%. 😄.

Speak to the the royalty ambassador on the first cruise. He/she will make sure it happens for the second cruise. no problem. 

congrats

m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nanseev said:

Been there, done that. Spoke with the LA early in the first leg and she made it happen for the second leg. 🍻

• Like 1