Britannia - a cut back too far

nomadgirluk

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh forgot about Rob. 

Was going to get Stephen Mulhern in but he has gone onto bigger and better things with Butlins😂

Andy 

Oh no. Not the B word Andy. Some people get very agitated on this forum when that word is mentioned 😂 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I can live without Claire Sweeney, having been a little underwhelmed by her in the Limelight Club, but I shall add most of the other things to our packing list. That’s the great thing about round-trip cruises from Southampton - no total weight limit on luggage 😂 

no total weight limit onluggage 😂 
yet 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hopefully it was just a trial on that cruise... 

We will find out on Friday on Britannia, our first cruise since lock down too... 

Andy 

Have a fantastic time Andy and Michelle on your long awaited cruise since lockdown, I sincerely hope you both have a lovely time on Britannia and it all runs smoothly for you , look forward to hearing all about it when you return 🌞

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a fantastic time Andy and Michelle on your long awaited cruise since lockdown, I sincerely hope you both have a lovely time on Britannia and it all runs smoothly for you , look forward to hearing all about it when you return 🌞

Thank you Sandra. 

I'm sure we will have a great time, we are pretty laid back and will be so glad to be sailing again, I doubt anything will spoil it. 

Andy & Michelle x

• Like 6

7 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hopefully it was just a trial on that cruise... 

We will find out on Friday on Britannia, our first cruise since lock down too... 

Andy 

Andy - In addition to the Limelight Club, have you clocked that theatre shows (Headliners etc) are bookable through the Cruise Personaliser? I thought they’d stopped the need to pre-book on all but Iona and Arvia, but one of the many emails that I have had about the cruise mentioned it. I almost missed it as I’ve had so many emails! All now booked, but unfortunately no option to select ‘wheelchair user’ 🙄

12 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Andy - In addition to the Limelight Club, have you clocked that theatre shows (Headliners etc) are bookable through the Cruise Personaliser? I thought they’d stopped the need to pre-book on all but Iona and Arvia, but one of the many emails that I have had about the cruise mentioned it. I almost missed it as I’ve had so many emails! All now booked, but unfortunately no option to select ‘wheelchair user’ 🙄

I missed it, but was pointed in the right direction by Dai, thank you. 

Being honest, we were a bit underwhelmed by the options, but have booked a couple. 

We will be quite happy to find a spot with some live music and watch the world go by. 

Andy 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Ironically, Stephen Mulhern appears to have got off Iona this morning and was complaining about the amount of luggage in the terminal! 

Surely he is the best person to make it disappear😁

• Haha 6

‘Soapgate’ was a blockbuster saga on a FB page set up for this cruise! We asked for soap and it was there within 10 mins. It was also replenished without request as the first bar finished on day eight. It was a lovely cruise.  I was impressed by the MDR food (we had last been on P&O’s Aurora last Sept & we’re underwhelmed by the MDR offerings (& the menus seemed to be on a 5 or 6 day cycle.) The general consensus in rumour control (F deck laundry) being that a shortage of staff was to blame. All seemed back to normal on Britannia good selection & quality throughout & the parade of chefs & drinks parties are back.  
The only downside was Epicurean. I was served a steak that was inedible due to gristle throughout. It was replaced without question but it meant that my dining companion had to eat her course alone & then wait for me to finish my second steak. I can accept that a steak may be cooked that has little flavour but it should have been clear to the chef  before cooking that the gristly steak should not have been used. 
An excellent cruise overall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve just come back from Ventura and we had liquid soap (white company) by the sink, not on the wall. I was very happy with this as I much prefer the liquid soap to the bars. I find it easier to clean under my nails.

We had the white company shower gel and hair wash in the shower.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Ironically, Stephen Mulhern appears to have got off Iona this morning and was complaining about the amount of luggage in the terminal! 

Why on earth would he complain about the amount of luggage??

Probably an old joke but I did chuckle when the entertainment manager on the last night on Ventura said the crew were holding a luggage sale he wanted to get to 😂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you Sandra. 

I'm sure we will have a great time, we are pretty laid back and will be so glad to be sailing again, I doubt anything will spoil it. 

Andy & Michelle x

Look forward to hearing all about it Andy, hope you both have a fantastic time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The quote was ‘my suitcase is here - this could take a while’

IMG_2746.jpeg

I know that these TV types aren’t always the brightest of folk, but what does he expect when disembarking a cruise ship with thousands of passengers? Perhaps he thinks he’s so important that his cases should be on a plinth under spotlights so that he doesn’t have to search for them like us mere mortals? 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Perhaps he thinks he’s so important that his cases should be on a plinth under spotlights so that he doesn’t have to search for them like us mere mortals? 😂 

Perhaps he does, but I had to google the name to find out who he was.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I know that these TV types aren’t always the brightest of folk, but what does he expect when disembarking a cruise ship with thousands of passengers? Perhaps he thinks he’s so important that his cases should be on a plinth under spotlights so that he doesn’t have to search for them like us mere mortals? 😂 

That's why we self disembark!!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

21 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Perhaps he does, but I had to google the name to find out who he was.😂

He’s a comedian. It’s a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

True. The face doesn’t look like a complaining face though. 

I thought it was obviously a staged photo. He is an entertainer who started his career in Butlins. So an easy target.

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

I thought it was obviously a staged photo. He is an entertainer who started his career in Butlins. So an easy target.

You mentioned the B word ............... shhhhhhh 😉

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I understand from someone on the ground that he was not happy.

Instead of the usual ribbon on handle, I put an identifier GB (car) sticker on my case last time, hoping they would think it belonged to Gary Barlow and treat it differently....Nope, that didn't work! 🤣

• Haha 15