Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

Just now, smokeybandit said:

The clientele that can pull off the world cruise (or even a quarter leg) aren't the type to flock to a place they've probably been 20+ times.

Exactly.....but quite a bit more than 20 times for for us.   Actually used to love the little island when it was a tendered port.  It was more natural, and peaceful.  Loved the nature trail down to the opposite end, enjoying a swim and a nice view over the high point down there.  

Now...."They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".   Sing it Joanie!  😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think it's becoming pretty obvious Royal doesn't want to be a big player in Europe. Reducing the amount of ships there now is telling you something. You may not like it but it's for real. Time to look elsewhere.

I “have” to cruise on MSC once every 3 years to maintain my Diamond status with them… it’s certainly no hardship especially with ships like World Europa out there!!

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I have even seen a couple of transatlantics that go to Coco Cay......I mean, seriously?

We had a TA in 2013 scheduled to stop at Coco Cay. It is nothing new.

This was before it was developed and stop was aborted because it was too rough to tender.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tin can said:

I see it now in Nassau, on Anthem last Easter most of the New Yorkers couldn't be bothered getting off the ship.

There have always been a large number of guests that won’t get off in Nassau. 

It makes me laugh every time I read they will “enjoy an empty ship”.

On 11/10/2023 at 5:13 PM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Check out the RCI Blog - an article has just been published saying that there will only be 6 ships in Europe 2025 (a 33% reduction from 9 in 2023)  but by sending bigger ships and the total capacity will be reduced by 23%.

By comparison NCL is sending 8 ships including NCL Viva and Prima.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Apparently they want to focus on cruises that call at Perfect Day at Coco Cay!

Just FYI, the blog does not mention any official confirmation of the reduction in Europe. All they did was checking the current deployment according to the website.

There is still hope for Jewel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

Just FYI, the blog does not mention any official confirmation of the reduction in Europe. All they did was checking the current deployment according to the website.

🤞🤞🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andreasfcb said:

1 hour ago, Cruiser24 said:

🤞🤞🤞

But how much longer before we are all disappointed once they say what is going on with Jewel. I think the longer it drags out the chances are better the news won't be good.

2 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

When are fall 2025 TA's released?  

waiting for this as well especially Allure. Lost track of where her home port will be in USA for winter 2025-26.  Anyone have ideas or know?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

But how much longer before we are all disappointed once they say what is going on with Jewel. I think the longer it drags out the chances are better the news won't be good.

Let's hope for the best that it won't be too long until we find out. It would suck to wait for something better and then be too late to book another one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Lol my favorite is “we’ll have the ship to ourselves” 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Or let it die and just set up a new account.....😝

Hello,

The rules are that it is a 'once only' benefit. Lose the matched status and start from zero with no further opportunity to 'match'.

Regards,

Cublet

On 11/11/2023 at 8:29 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Yes, I read that article too.

What Royal needs to do is decide whether they are cruise line operators or amusement park operators.

Regards,

Cublet

That is very true  @cublet. I have no interest to go on the Icon Class.

And they are Royal Caribbean INTERNATIONAL not Royal Caribbean COCO CAY! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Now that I think about it, also been 22yrs since got off at Nassau. Last time did was when Straw Market burned down and gave me a reason to get off see the damage. Was just me and my Kids, 3yrs & 5yrs old, Strange thing was we flew out on a Redeye getting home at 8am on 9/11/2001.

Edited by ONECRUISER

I would imagine that a lot of people who cruise from Miami doing the Nassau, coco cay loop are repeat customers who go on a  large number of 3/4 day cruises, so of course the itinerary will be the same and repetitive.

For new cruiser's coco cay/Nassau will be good first time, maybe 2nd time but after that very boring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

The rules are that it is a 'once only' benefit. Lose the matched status and start from zero with no further opportunity to 'match'.

Regards,

Cublet

Not true - they delete all your data and you can set up a new account and a new match! Have you tried or just speculating? I have done it twice already....😝

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think it's becoming pretty obvious Royal doesn't want to be a big player in Europe. Reducing the amount of ships there now is telling you something. You may not like it but it's for real. Time to look elsewhere.

I've never sailed with them but I think it's more a case of the problems that MSC are posing Royal in Europe with regards to pricing and itineraries. 

Just my opinion but this is coming your way in the States, I think it's obvious the ultimate goal for them is dominance in the US market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

For new cruiser's coco cay/Nassau will be good first time, maybe 2nd time but after that very boring.

Plenty of Floridians sail these short cruises way more than twice just for CocoCay & the ship (soon both Wonder & Utopia will be doing them). They don’t find them boring. They go b/c they can squeeze in a short cruise & don’t care about ports.

As someone who sails primarily for the ship & loves CocoCay, if the price & my schedule allowed (they don’t right now), I would have no problem doing the same.

I did a 3/4 B2B once just to go to CocoCay twice & one 4N b/c the base price was $129pp during a GGG sale last  October. Had a great time on all of them.

One man’s boring is another’s great short vacation/holiday. Different strokes…

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not true - they delete all your data and you can set up a new account and a new match! Have you tried or just speculating? I have done it twice already....😝

Not in Europe, here they record and remember your data and past status matches.