Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wonder will heading to MIA or FLL and doing short cruises.  No more 7 nighters from PC

I know this is profitable for them, especially on the newer ships, but how I wish we got newer Oasis and Icon class on 'attractive' itineraries, especially in EUROPE!

Pardon the pun... but I think they've missed the boat with launching Star at PC. In my opinion, she should have done a short Med season before crossing the pond, giving European customers the option to experience the product. I would tend to say that I'd be very shocked if we don't see a European season when Icon 3 launches, but..... nothing surprises me with Royal anymore. 😔

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We typically mostly do cruises longer too, but living in Florida, it’s so easy to drive to the port and park.

Yeah when I retired moved to AZ. After 28yrs in the Southeast and my first 16 in Midwest had enough Hot and Humid. Now just have HOT, 156 days of 110+ this yr. After 9/11 they were giving Cruises away, did my first two 10niters and never looked back... Now have to contend with overpriced Airfare. Going North to South and back, not so bad, East to West and back Flights are 2-3 times cost

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah when I retired moved to AZ. After 28yrs in the Southeast and my first 16 in Midwest had enough Hot and Humid. Now just have HOT, 156 days of 110+ this yr. After 9/11 they were giving Cruises away, did my first two 10niters and never looked back... Now have to contend with overpriced Airfare. Going North to South and back, not so bad, East to West and back Flights are 2-3 times cost

We moved here from NY, wasn’t always hot and humid there, but it was  humid and damp a lot..I guess I’m just used to it. When we visit family in Denver it’s so nice to not sweat 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got off Harmony today.  It was a great cruise with some barely believable rumors.

We did Chef's table during the week and our host was very into talking about the future of the Galveston port between courses.

Now let me emphasize, I personally think he was BSing us. 

1) this is probably already common knowledge but supposedly the next Oasis Class going to Galveston is Utopia. He said she will finish her 5 months in the Caribbean and head over.

2) Right now Galveston cannot host an Icon class because Cozumel has said no to an Icon class. However, they are in talks.

3) Most interestingly, and adamantly, he said Royal will have an adults only ship in Galveston to compete with Virgin. And he said the ship would be.....Utopia 😂. When questioned by disbelieving diners and arguing that the ship is built for kids, he didn't waiver. She would finish her 5 months in the Caribbean and then head over to Galveston to become an adults only ship. (Yeah right)

Anyway, just for your amusement and apparently the RC crew thinks we are pretty gullible. That said, when I questioned other staff, they would not confirm nor deny the info.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Utopia isn’t built for kids is it? Thought it was a regular Oasis class? 
Icon/Star is the kiddy ship.

Oasis had tons for all ages, IMO. The carousel and water slides are more for kids (not that some adults don't like water slides). There are more new/additional kid-friendly additions to Icon class, yes, though I also think adults could have a great time on those as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Given the much high number of 3 and 4 berth cabins on Icon vs Oasis, it is assumed most of those will be for families with kids.

But I meant as far as the onboard experience goes, it's probably better for adults than Oasis, even if there is more geared towards kids.

8 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

How can it be more for adults when they have 2000 more beds for kids and 1500 less for adults?

The number of cabins is almost exactly the same on Oasis and Icon and if one assumes the first two in every cabin is an adult, there are about the same number of adults on both.

11 hours ago, cruise_co said:

Now let me emphasize, I personally think he was BSing us. 

2) Right now Galveston cannot host an Icon class because Cozumel has said no to an Icon class. However, they are in talks.

That’s news.  We’re on Icon to the Western Caribbean in August 2024 and one of the ports is Cozumel.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, madiaka said:

That’s news.  We’re on Icon to the Western Caribbean in August 2024 and one of the ports is Cozumel.

Even more proof the guy was BSing us.  Unless they think they can resolve this before Icon sails.  

2 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

Royal has updated the "unique sailings" document today.

I am not sure what they have changed, but there are more sailings now in the document than before.

Link: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025_Unique_Sailings

Ugh, still no fall transatlantic to Bayonne. Might have to try the Ascent if I’m forced to sail to Florida anyway.