Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

20 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

Sadly, it probably will. Look at all the bookings for Icon. I would love to try an Icon class ship, but I don't see it happening for a very long time. I certainly can't afford these prices.

I totally agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

I totally agree.

I booked Icon the day it came out..I thought the prices were high then...with the new caribbean releases two weeks ago and now Star, we will start looking at NCL and MSC.

There is no way I am willing to spend over 6,000+ for a room, plus airfare, pre-stay hotel, transportation to and from Port, excursions, onboard account plus wi-fi and gratuity...

Simply put, we as a family can no longer afford RC.

Edited by Scoobydobe7
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

I booked Icon the day it came out..I thought the prices were high then...with the new caribbean releases two weeks ago and now Star, we will start looking at NCL and MSC.

There is no way I am willing to spend over 6,000+ for a room, plus airfare, pre-stay hotel, transportation to and from Port, excursions, onboard account plus wi-fi and gratuity...

I would say that there are going to be a lot of people in the same situation - I just don't know how some people can afford these prices! 😔

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I would say that there are going to be a lot of people in the same situation - I just don't know how some people can afford these prices! 😔

Smart ones have gone to other vacation options.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I know a lot of people are thinking that these cruises are appealing to those who already spend on high priced Disney cruises and park vacations. However, I’m guessing those customers already have some loyalty status with Disney and kids who worship the  mouse, so I’m not sure if RC’s plan isn’t naive from a marketing standpoint.  What incentive are they offering these presumed cash cows?

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Smart ones have gone to other vacation options.

So someone who chooses to spend their money how they see fit and enjoys doing so on RC cruises isn't "smart"?

What about people who choose to spend their money on expensive cars or jewelry? Are they also not smart?

I will never understand the judging of how people choose to spend their money. If someone wants to pay $XYZ for a cruise and it brings them happiness, that's great! If someone else chooses to switch from cruising to another form of vacation, that's great too!

As long as they're not harming others, people should spend their money however they see fit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

So someone who chooses to spend their money how they see fit and enjoys doing so on RC cruises isn't "smart"?

What about people who choose to spend their money on expensive cars or jewelry? Are they also not smart?

I will never understand the judging of how people choose to spend their money. If someone wants to pay $XYZ for a cruise and it brings them happiness, that's great! If someone else chooses to switch from cruising to another form of vacation, that's great too!

As long as they're not harming others, people should spend their money however they see fit.

This is true. I think what people are saying is that cash is competing with credit and a certain demographic will not be able to hold the fort. Loyalty is out of the window and RCL will be grovelling to get their loyal customer base back at some point. You have to listen to the customer. Declining services declining quality and considerably higher prices is not a good model long term. It is a risky formula to not have a guaranteed base of customers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tottenhamfc said:

This is true. I think what people are saying is that cash is competing with credit and a certain demographic will not be able to hold the fort. Loyalty is out of the window and RCL will be grovelling to get their loyal customer base back at some point. You have to listen to the customer. Declining services declining quality and considerably higher prices is not a good model long term. It is a risky formula to not have a guaranteed base of customers.

Royal's pricing has our considering our options. We're looking at 2025 out of the Northeast right now, where NCL already has itineraries and pricing available and open. We'll see what MSC pricing looks like and what RCI has come February.

BUT, as we discuss things (multigenerational trip, so my parents are involved along with my family and kids), there are other aspects of loyalty that come into play that aren't necessarily monetary. Sure, the free Diamond drinks make a difference...but there's also a certain value to the devil you know vs. the devil you don't. We know Royal, we know how easy everything is with linked reservations, we know how easy it is to get our preferred dining times, etc.

Maybe it's just our personalities -- having the ability to each do our own thing, roll with our style, but still have some structure and ability to plan around a set dining time where we all eat together (with the incredible service we've always received by having the same waitstaff every night)...but at the end of the day, maybe we will spend a little more to stay with Royal in 2025 rather than jump ship. 

All that said, Royal's pricing has made us start looking at our options and consider what else is out there. And at some point, "a little more" reaches its limit.

• Like 2

Well put. I am a very loyal person but it appears that the current big corp attitude doesnt value it. I am talking in general. For example telecom companies give deep discounts to newbies but neglect the old ones paying the bills. You then have to beg to a department called ironically “loyalty” They play on your loyalty because you may have your main email address linked to their company. It is a hassle to move emails. Same for appliances. We just get used to poor longevity and buy again and again. We have a bigger say in this than some believe. We have to take OUR loyalty off the table to make them think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

This is true. I think what people are saying is that cash is competing with credit and a certain demographic will not be able to hold the fort.

Saying it's financially unwise to get into debt is certainly valid. Making a blanket statement that "smart" people are taking other forms of vacations... not so much, IMO.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Saying it's financially unwise to get into debt is certainly valid. Making a blanket statement that "smart" people are taking other forms of vacations... not so much, IMO.

Yes nothing to do with smart as long as you are smart with your money. Unfortunately I think you are referencing the minority. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vibe said:

What about the people that don’t book suites?

People that stay in non suite cabins on Disney get twice a day service and the regular dining is far superior.  
If Royal Caribbean wants to charge Disney rates they need to step it up.

I haven’t been on a Disney cruise in a couple of years, but even back then everything about the Disney cruise experience was way above Royal.

If Royal starts to charge rates equal to Disney, I’ll start cruising Disney much more and Royal much less, if only for itinerary’s I can’t find on Disney or another top cruise line. The food is so much better than Royals, can’t even be compared….. if it’s what we’ve had in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I booked the short b2b I couldn't find a cruise that was affordable and went somewhere new. I did not think about how repetitive it would be, cruise 1 - Cozumel and cruise 2 - Labadee, each with a sea day out and a sea day back. Our last trip was in 2018 and my memories of which ship and ports we visited are a little fuzzy, but the ship itineraries did not seem overly enticing.  As in the past, I drove to within a 100 miles of Miami, where we spend the night, get up early and drive to the port. In the past we would drive all the way home after the cruise, Too old now to make the drive all the way home, so we stopped in Jacksonville, I found a great location off 295E. 

I booked an Adventure of the Seas for 2025 out of Pt Canaveral. I wish I could find more offerings sailing from there.  

14 minutes ago, temple1 said:

I booked an Adventure of the Seas for 2025 out of Pt Canaveral. I wish I could find more offerings sailing from there. 

That's the only port I'll sail from... I hear ya!

I'm waiting for Wonder and Utopia June/July 2025 to be released and hoping for some group rates I can stomach. Unfortunately I'm mostly limited to school breaks but it is what it is. Prices are higher but I get to have my teacher wife home for the summer. Most things have pros and cons.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 9:33 AM, tottenhamfc said:

I think there will be two markets. The young with credit cards looking for the big ships and entertainment and alcohol packages and us the dinosaurs paying with cash in the leaser ships wanting itineraries and decent food. It looks to me like they better be reasonable with the long term cruisers or they will lose a massive guaranteed base. This is the first time in over 20 cruises on Royal that I am looking at options. They are pricing themselves close to Oceana, Virgin and even Disney. They have entered a space of a lot of quality competition.

Not all younger people are racking up credit card debt.  If they are they will soon max out over the high prices on the newest ships.

We also, for the first time, are looking at other lines and doing price comparisons instead of looking strictly at loyalty.  If you can cruise for almost the same cost per day on a more inclusive or upscale line you’d be foolish not to look around. This is especially true since cabin service and food quality has declined.

I’m hopeful the prices will fall to a more reasonable level but that’s TBD. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Not all younger people are racking up credit card debt.  If they are they will soon max out over the high prices on the newest ships.

We also, for the first time, are looking at other lines and doing price comparisons instead of looking strictly at loyalty.  If you can cruise for almost the same cost per day on a more inclusive or upscale line you’d be foolish not to look around. This is especially true since cabin service and food quality has declined.

I’m hopeful the prices will fall to a more reasonable level but that’s TBD. 

Funny thing when started Cruising on Royal it was way more expensive then is even today, not even adding Inflation. At 20yrs old for Honeymoon I had to Finance our First Cruise. The cheapest Cruises I got were during the 10 months post 9/11

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I know a lot of people are thinking that these cruises are appealing to those who already spend on high priced Disney cruises and park vacations. However, I’m guessing those customers already have some loyalty status with Disney and kids who worship the  mouse, so I’m not sure if RC’s plan isn’t naive from a marketing standpoint.  What incentive are they offering these presumed cash cows?

On the flip side. I priced up a week on star including flights, grats,hotels, car parking from the uk against two weeks with virgin holidays in florida including park tickets and self catering food.

Virgin turned out slightly cheaper. So for us to travel across the pond, the current icon and star prices do not make good value. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tottenhamfc said:

I think they are testing the upper limits. They will fall back over time. There is a possibility they could become a one trick pony with short cruises to the Carribean with big ships. They can sell some ships if need be. 

Absolutely what is going on here.  Even Jason alluded to that at the stockholder meetings. Like any accountant in charge, he is maximizing the profit as much as possible by increasing the prices until the bookings dry up.  I work in a corporate setting and this is status quo for most bean counters at the top.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

There are plenty of newer large ships to book w/ Royal that are less. 

19 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Absolutely what is going on here.  Even Jason alluded to that at the stockholder meetings. Like any accountant in charge, he is maximizing the profit as much as possible by increasing the prices until the bookings dry up.  I work in a corporate setting and this is status quo for most bean counters at the top.

And all these folks booking in the hopes of the price going down sure are not helping the situation. If no one booked at those crazy rates what would happen?

• Like 2

You can argue all day about smart money and debt but at the end of it all, if they are booking out the ship to maximize revenue successfully then they have set the price right.  If they fail to maximize revenue and Star turns into a flop then they have failed.

Royal doesn't care who books it, just that someone does.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morecruisesplz said:

There are plenty of newer large ships to book w/ Royal that are less. 

Not really, Oasis and Adventure 5500 + and 5800+ respectively...I am looking at hubby's birthday in July, 25 (milestone) was hoping for a rc cruise, as stated can get a suites with drinks and wi-fi, suite benefits on MSC, balcony with drink, wi-fi, excursion credit and 2 night specialty restaurant on NCL...for less than a balcony cabin with no perks on RC.

13 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Not really, Oasis and Adventure 5500 + and 5800+ respectively...I am looking at hubby's birthday in July, 25 (milestone) was hoping for a rc cruise, as stated can get a suites with drinks and wi-fi, suite benefits on MSC, balcony with drink, wi-fi, excursion credit and 2 night specialty restaurant on NCL...for less than a balcony cabin with no perks on RC.

Is $6,000 less than Star prices? That was my point. But I'm with you on trying other lines. We really enjoyed MSC and leave next week on a VV. But we also have 11 weeks booked on Royal through Jan 2026. Book when the cruise opens and with a TA who offers group rates. Enjoy your cruise... no matter where you book.

• Like 1