Live from Celebrity APEX: Norwegian Fjords Ex Rotterdam, July 31 - Aug 9, 2023

Fly and Sail

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Fly and Sail! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Fly and Sail was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

It’s FINALLY time to cruise again and this time the Celebrity APEX will take us to the marvellous fjords of Norway.

The sailing will leave on July 31, 2023 from Rotterdam and return to Amsterdam on the 9th of August.

It will be my first time on the APEX, although I’ve taken the EDGE numerous times already.

This trip will be in an Aqua Class cabin on Deck 9 so we’ll be able to once more put BLU through the paces and also enjoy the Thermal Spa.

As always, anyone also on board during this sailing please feel free to comment and post your pictures below.

Let the games begin!! 😀🛳️👌

IMG_5120.jpeg

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 8

Starting the grand tour with an ungodly 7am flight from Bangkok to Helsinki today.

I’ll use the coming ten days to have a few side trips and family engagements in Europe before heading to Rotterdam on the 30th, staying at a hotel (yet to be determined which one) before heading to port on the 31st.

Finnair will take me to Helsinki and Geneva, then Lufthansa to Frankfurt and via train to Rotterdam.

Some light Breakfast at the Qatar Airways Lounge in Bangkok this morning, followed by my favorite Japan Airlines curry next door.

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5049.jpeg

IMG_5065.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You can follow the APEX on Cruise Mapper (see here), and the itinerary is going to be:

• JUL 31: Embarkation in ROTTERDAM
  • AUG 1: SEA DAY
  • AUG 2: Oslo, Norway
  • AUG 3: SEA DAY
  • AUG 4: Geiranger, Norway
  • AUG 5: Flam, Norway
  • AUG 6: Olden, Norway
  • AUG 7: Bergen, Norway
  • AUG 8: SEA DAY
  • AUG 9: Disembarkation in AMSTERDAM
  • Like 2

Yay! Thanks for starting a live. We’re sailing with you and I’d toyed with the idea of starting my first live, but you’ve got me off the hook😂 That curry looks tasty. Wishing you smooth travels to Europe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Yay! Thanks for starting a live. We’re sailing with you and I’d toyed with the idea of starting my first live, but you’ve got me off the hook😂 That curry looks tasty. Wishing you smooth travels to Europe.

You got me off the hook, too. We will be sailing with you and staying onboard for the Iceland cruise. We are flying in to Amsterdam early since we’ve never been there.

Really looking forward to following your live review Fly and Sail!  A Norwegian Fjords cruise is on my "life list" however at this time will have to sail this itinerary vicariously through you 🙂   Have a fabulous cruise!!

Just to wet the appetite this is Flam,,,the train station not far away.

You can book tickets for the trip on the Flam Railway online,,,far cheaper than Celebrity’s excursion,,,,or even walk up for a later train.

The first train is usual full with trips and advance bookers.

IMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.efe2ae260e7b1cfc49166e965f48613c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Following along! Just did the fjords on Jewel of the Seas and loved it! Geiranger! Flam! Olden! All awesome. 

gotta do the Loen skylift in Olden!

IMG_4030.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2023 at 7:23 PM, Silkroad said:

Safe travels M & A!!!!

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

Have a great cruise.  We're on the Apex on a 7 Day Norway from Southhampton with friends.  They go home, we stay in southern England for 4 days and then we get back on the ship for Scandinavia (only Norway stop is Oslo).  I'm looking forward to hearing about it.