Celebrity Pricing

ncgolferette

Ten days ago I made a reservation with a TA for a cruise on the Ascent for September 2024.  The reservation was for a SS1 and price I was quoted was $17k.  Today, I checked celebrity’s web site and the price for the same type of suite had jumped to $23k!  I have until Tuesday to make the NRD.  I’m somewhat overwhelmed as to why Celebrity has increased the fare so much in ten days.  It appears there are tons of cabins and suites available for the sailing.  Are they getting ready for another “sale”?  

Edited by ncgolferette

53 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

Ten days ago I made a reservation with a TA for a cruise on the Ascent for September 2024.  The reservation was for a SS1 and price I was quoted was $17k.  Today, I checked celebrity’s web site and the price for the same type of suite had jumped to $23k!  I have until Tuesday to make the NRD.  I’m somewhat overwhelmed as to why Celebrity has increased the fare so much in ten days.  It appears there are tons of cabins and suites available for the sailing.  Are they getting ready for another “sale”?  

It is important to know your pricing.  I had booked an Aqua Class room on the Ascent.  Booked at $5400 and then it moved to  $6200 and then to $7400.  Now it has been fluctuating from between $5600 and $5900.  

Guest 4-2-N-8

As with the Beyond, it'll be a great ship.

I think the Retreat offering is a good decision. 

Not sure your interests, but if you like the pricing, you might evaluate the EV or even IC staterooms (if booking so far out, pricing is likely pretty good). These are the only two stateroom types on this class of ship that come with great balconies and hot tubs.

Definitely worth a look.

Peace and good luck. 

Edited by 4-2-N-8

2 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

As with the Beyond, it'll be a great ship.

I think the Retreat offering is a good decision. 

Not sure your intetests, but if you like the pricing, you might evaluate the EV or even IC staterooms (if booking so far out, pricing is likely pretty good). These are the only two stateroom types on this class of ship that come with great balconies and hot tubs.

Definitely worth a look.

Peace and good luck. 

OP has  SS on hold at 17K, EVs on that ship in September are over 63K. Quite a jump.

Guest 4-2-N-8
Just now, jelayne said:

OP has  SS on hold at 17K, EVs on that ship in September are over 63K. Quite a jump.

How many nights?

Guest 4-2-N-8
15 minutes ago, RichYak said:

That particular TA is 12 nights.

Ok. So about $5250/night for the EV (but this includes two people).

And, this also includes all the sitting, standing, breathing you care to do, and restaurants.

I'm not saying it's a bargain, but I am saying that it may be worth the memories. 

I only do TAs on the QM2 (just to keep as calm a sailing as possible), but perhaps this is a good option for some.

Peace to all.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

We have a 9 night on the Ascent booked for May next year in a CS. I check every now and then to see if there was a price drop but was surprised to see that it was now $9,446.98 more than what we paid for it, that's one heck of an increase. 

I again looked after posting this, it went up another $1,000 so now $10,446.98 higher than what we booked it for. 

Edited by t18c97

13 minutes ago, horseymike said:

They will gladly charge what people will pay.

Don't forget, they might come back and charge you more due to a "pricing error".  They may also rescind amenities without notice, increase gratuities, cancel a booking in favor of a charter or redeployment.  The list goes on. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

The CEO of the group (RCL) was on CNBC and discussed the prices and admitted that their pricing has increased.  He also made it sound that even with the higher pricing the ships are full and he feels there is more room (& demand) to continue to increase prices.  The profits are back up, demand is higher than pre-Covid levels so IMHO high prices are here to stay for a while.   We booked a cruise in March and the current rate is 30% higher so in line with what you mentioned.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

OMG that is beyond belief.  I can't even imagine paying what for many is a full years salary on any cruise!  If I didn't recognize you as a loyal and credible poster I would think you were making this up!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

How did you get a 2 week hold on a booking?  Longest  our TA has gotten was 5-6 days. 

I don’t know how I got the extension from my TA.  I have until this coming Tuesday to make the NRD.   Of course I’m going to make the deposit since I’ll take the chance that the fare won’t go that much lower than what I’m going to pay.

32 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

OMG that is beyond belief.  I can't even imagine paying what for many is a full years salary on any cruise!  If I didn't recognize you as a loyal and credible poster I would think you were making this up!

I couldn’t make this up, my imagination is not that wild.

Its crazy.

IMG_0737.thumb.png.5aa73984a2ab1b02481143dbd567d44f.png

I want to tread lightly here, as I had started a thread on travel agents that, while not deleted, was gutted and locked due to hints and such.  So none of that, please.

That said, I just booked a 7 night Mediterranean panoramic ocean view on Ascent a few days ago.  While it has no perks, it is fully refundable.  The price with this particular travel agent, who of course shall remain nameless, was $2,476 for the two of us.  I just priced out the same cabin on Celebrity's site and it's a bit north of $6,000 for two.  Making it refundable added about $850 to the price (included in the $6k), but remember with the travel agent, it was fully refundable from the beginning.  Even though it has no perks, I think I can get $200 OBC and a bottle of wine from my credit card.

Not sure you'd have the same experience, and I've not booked a suite on Celebrity, but it may make sense to shop around.

That said, if you have time to shop around and you're not seeing anything better, then jump on that while you can.  That's also true if you have a particular loyalty to a specific travel agent.  In my case, I have no such specific loyalty, as I usually book without one.

But...if they can get me a nice deal, money talks.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Don't forget, they might come back and charge you more due to a "pricing error".  They may also rescind amenities without notice, increase gratuities, cancel a booking in favor of a charter or redeployment.  The list goes on. 

... so in other words they are a cruise line...

I don't like many of the things they have done to service levels, product changes and numerous double booking incidents, but sadly they are no different to many other cruise lines in this regard...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_T said:

... so in other words they are a cruise line...

I don't like many of the things they have done to service levels, product changes and numerous double booking incidents, but sadly they are no different to many other cruise lines in this regard...

This very true. Just part of the industry I suppose.

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I want to tread lightly here, as I had started a thread on travel agents that, while not deleted, was gutted and locked due to hints and such.  So none of that, please.

That said, I just booked a 7 night Mediterranean panoramic ocean view on Ascent a few days ago.  While it has no perks, it is fully refundable.  The price with this particular travel agent, who of course shall remain nameless, was $2,476 for the two of us.  I just priced out the same cabin on Celebrity's site and it's a bit north of $6,000 for two.  Making it refundable added about $850 to the price (included in the $6k), but remember with the travel agent, it was fully refundable from the beginning.  Even though it has no perks, I think I can get $200 OBC and a bottle of wine from my credit card.

Not sure you'd have the same experience, and I've not booked a suite on Celebrity, but it may make sense to shop around.

That said, if you have time to shop around and you're not seeing anything better, then jump on that while you can.  That's also true if you have a particular loyalty to a specific travel agent.  In my case, I have no such specific loyalty, as I usually book without one.

But...if they can get me a nice deal, money talks.

Guess it pays to shop around carefully!

Glad we had the Retreat experience once.with the Butler.( used fcc from cancelled cruises over Covid period).

We are happily going back to AQ Class Ascent 2024),; and  a Sunset Veranda( Apex 2025) with 4 mdrs on E Class.

Prices are  definitely UP..For Ascent in Jan. for a 7 day Carib itin,  we have a Prime AQ cabin (location makes it Prime?). We booked by calling  Celeb.  After the NRD   and other disc it comes to about $4960 for 2 with grats, classic bev, $200 OBC internet we do not need . Deposit was $500.. We have to take the NRD now due to pricing of. Refundable...but will also buy pvt cruise ins.

We have already booked  prepaid excusions, spa and salon appts and several specialty dining res.

Due to pricing and our budget, this will be our ONLY cruise for the yr unless a bargain shows up from Tampa port..

have not checked current pricing but we are satisfied with our deal.