Summit Retreat

NHCRUISIN

I wasn't expecting much, and was very pleasantly surprised. Padded chairs, spaced generously apart, and of course the gorgeous view. When I went (late afternoon on a gorgeous day leaving Bermuda) it was empty. Someone was there to take my drink order in a minute. The space was clean and orderly.  

• Like 2

No elevator access to the Retreat Sun Deck on Summit.

We went up there once on a warm sunny day and there was minimal shade and very windy.  We never used it in the 10 days we were onboard in April.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Agreed.  I mentioned this to the captain once when we were having lunch.

Linda -   I'm not sure if they did a retrofit but when I was on Summit in August/September of 2022 there was a small elevator Starboard far forward (hard to see if you didn't know it were there but very visible from the Retreat Deck.   They also have an ADA compliant ramp up to the upper area.

You can also see it in this video

IMG_7534.jpeg

IMG_7535.thumb.jpeg.78f889fe2600b05d19d443f2a3858f74.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Linda -   I'm not sure if they did a retrofit but when I was on Summit in August/September of 2022 there was a small elevator Starboard far forward (hard to see if you didn't know it were there but very visible from the Retreat Deck.   They also have an ADA compliant ramp up to the upper area.

You can also see it in this video

IMG_7534.jpeg

IMG_7535.thumb.jpeg.78f889fe2600b05d19d443f2a3858f74.jpeg

Was it functional?  Our last cruise on Millennium it was out of order for the whole 15 days of the cruise.

I find it extremely strange that at least some of the Retreat Sun decks are not accessible. The one on EQ is not. And if this pictured elevator usually doesn't work, then same on this ship.  What the heck were they thinking making a suite amenity non-accessible! 

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Was it functional?  Our last cruise on Millennium it was out of order for the whole 15 days of the cruise.

When I was aboard it was working.  Saw a number of people use it. 

I sailed on Summit in April and in July, 2023 (and several times during 2022).  The elevator to the Retreat Sundeck is broken.  Per the Retreat Team, they know of no plans for it to be fixed.  The Retreat Concierges have, however, been giving out Future Cruise Credits to mobility-impaired suite guests who are unable to use the Retreat Deck.  It's anyone's guess how long they will continue to extend FCCs to mobility impaired guests.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, when I discussed this with the captain, he was apparently unaware that there was an elevator that might or might not have been broken.  And I certainly wasn't offered any FCCs by the retreat concierges.

Linda,

In all of my previous Summit sailings I was never offered a FCC due to the non-working elevator.  It's only on my two 2023 sailings where I received FCCs.  Have you sailed Summit in 2023?