Beyond

CrossM2

On 7/31/2023 at 4:12 PM, CrossM2 said:

I’ve never cruised Celebrity but celebrating my 50th wanted to try something different. Is there a big difference between this and RC? Activities on board?

Enjoy your Celebrity cruise. Don't concern yourself with comparisons between RC and Celebrity, especially others opinions. They are just that. You be the judge, like your first RC cruise. We cruise with both and like the differences and similarities between the two. We don't cruise on RCs mega ships. We've only cruised on RCs Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class ships.  

26 minutes ago, doghog said:

Enjoy your Celebrity cruise. Don't concern yourself with comparisons between RC and Celebrity, especially others opinions. They are just that. You be the judge, like your first RC cruise. We cruise with both and like the differences and similarities between the two. We don't cruise on RCs mega ships. We've only cruised on RCs Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class ships.  

Good advice..I’m on my 50’s and prefer Celebrity for the experience, especially if I am not sailing with younger family members, ie teenagers.

• Like 1

Beyond is my favorite of all E-class ships.  I have cruised in a sunset suite and sunset veranda; both were excellent!  The ship is gorgeous with a theme of photos on each deck...the Sunset Bar is very nice and pictured below.  The ship's crew were exceptional!

IMG_1614.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

Silvery Seas Cruiser. Actually on the Edge  Class, Celebrity has multiple smoking areas. By the Sunset bar, the Mast grill, and outside of Eden. We were on the Wonder of the Seas, and the ony outdoor area was on the pool deck.

We cruised on Beyond in May (1st time with Celebrity) and was blown away by the experience.  Beautiful ship (highly recommend sunset veranda stateroom), very friendly and helpful staff throughout the ship, food was great, cocktails perfect, relaxed and chill during the day but plenty of music, shows and dancing to keep us entertained.  We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and it was perfect.  

Edited by RTR 21-0
Addition
  • Like 2

We recently returned from three back-to-back cruises on the Beyond: June 26 to July 28. Fabulous and beautiful ship. Incredible production shows in theater - most especially the one entitled “Stage Door” which has won awards. We saw it 3 times, once on each cruise, and would go 10 more times. Incredible! Eden doe have shows also; not just music. Theater shows are at 7:30 and repeated at 9:30. Eden shows (a different group of artists) were at 10:45.
We had one dinner at Le Voyage (specialty restaurant unique to Beyond). Presentation of food, ambience, service, were all outstanding and it was absolutely delicious!!  Definitely exceeded our expectations. Eden’s dinner restaurant is excellent; Le Voyage far surpasses it.

We especially enjoy an occasional lunch at Raw on Five and it’s reasonably priced alacarte.

We walked through Ocean View Cafe several times and were amazed at the diverse selections available at lunch and dinner.
The Mast Grill hotdogs are great!!!

The Aqua Spa Cafe by the Solarium has a coffee machine which has decaf beans on top in one container and regular beans in another container. You push a button for what you want and it gives you a fabulous cup of coffee - a hundred times better than what’s standing in the large urns in Ocean View.

The Eden Cafe breakfast options are outstanding and very few people discover this option: amazing oatmeal done your way: toppings can include strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon etc. Also have amazing cinnamon buns, various egg sandwiches, small bowls of muesli etc. Their lunch options are also excellent. You’ll have to check the daily planner though, as Eden Cafe is not always open.
We were in a Sky Suite. But all of the things I’ve mentioned are available to any class of cabin. 
We’ve also done 4 different cruises on the Apex: also beautiful but does not have Le Voyage. 

we enjoyed BEYOND  a few months ago.. very nice ship... great shows, and entertainment in  the theater,  the Club and EDEN.  Loved World Class Bar overlooking the Martini Bar.. enjoyed the spa and Solarium and good food.

we did not enjoy Luminae or retreat..but any AQ Class or SV cabin would be great for a special celebration 

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:10 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

RCI is superior with entertainment and activities.  On X you have one nightly main show offered at 7 and 9 (730 and 930 in Europe), usually one is a comedian, one is a magician and the rest are musicals which could be concert style or Broadway style but there aren't any branded Broadway shows like Cats.  Then you have a passenger participation game in-between the main shows.  There's no other shows, no karaoke bar, no sing-a-long piano bar, dedicated comedy lounge and obviously no aqua theatre show or skating rink show.  They do have trivia once a night and more on a sea day along with bingo a few times a sailing

There were cabaret type shows on Beyond in addition to the main theater.  The were in two different locations on the ship. I can't remember the names but one was the bar and restaurant and the other was a great bar venue outside of the theater.  I found their entertainment equal to or better than RC although I may be the only person who finds CATS painful.

5 minutes ago, dateacher said:

There were cabaret type shows on Beyond in addition to the main theater.  The were in two different locations on the ship. I can't remember the names but one was the bar and restaurant and the other was a great bar venue outside of the theater.  I found their entertainment equal to or better than RC although I may be the only person who finds CATS painful.

love CATS but  its getting old.

Entertainment on E Class is top notch.. something for everyone...and the theater is state of the art..altho small!

Loved the CLUB!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dateacher said:

X performers / show performances are great, it’s the lack of choice I’m saying is superior on other lines.  On our May Beyond cruise, I do not recall seeing any other shows outside the theater

The Eden cast preforms Jazz Joint in The Club. I thought it was such a spectacular show that I stayed and watched the second showing rather than go to the main theater for the late showing of the entertainer preforming there.  There’s lots of audience interaction and you’re so close to the performers you can practically touch them.  They also do several different late night shows (10:30 pm) in the Eden Bar.  I enjoyed the Eden cast more than the main Theatre cast although I really enjoyed Elements a lot. I thought Stage Door was ok but I’m not really into Broadway musicals so I didn’t connect with it as much as the other shows.

We were on the Beyond in February.  It is a beautiful ship. It was gorgeous. We did, however, not like the infinite balcony nor the food set up with the 4 different main dining rooms. The Eden and Steakhouse were fantastic.  We spent our time while on the ship looking for Captain Kate and on the last day finally met her and have a picture with her!

2 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

What did you find wrong with the dining room set up?  For me it sounds choice is better than the same MDR every night.

And on the E class ships with the 4 MDRs you can sit in the same dining room each evening and select meus from the other 3 dining rooms. We like the concept. 

We were on the Transatlantic in April on the Beyond. We switched from a different Transatlantic before final payment and as a result we could not get the Sunset veranda that we had booked on that one. Our only choice was the Infinite Veranda.  We ended up liking it  far more than we thought we would.  It added more space to our stateroom. We did have a Sunset on the following cruise and barely used the balcony.   What we really enjoyed was the Sunset bar area.  
For us we found ourselves going back and forth between Normandy and Tuscan dining rooms for 22 days!  Many times had the same waiter and table.   Oops we did eat dinner in the buffet a few times.  We too loved the Martini Bar.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 12:19 PM, dreamer321 said:

The Eden cast preforms Jazz Joint in The Club. I thought it was such a spectacular show that I stayed and watched the second showing rather than go to the main theater for the late showing of the entertainer preforming there.  There’s lots of audience interaction and you’re so close to the performers you can practically touch them.  They also do several different late night shows (10:30 pm) in the Eden Bar.  I enjoyed the Eden cast more than the main Theatre cast although I really enjoyed Elements a lot. I thought Stage Door was ok but I’m not really into Broadway musicals so I didn’t connect with it as much as the other shows.

do they still have the aerial/ acrobatic show in the Club..I think BEYOND..but maybe EDGE  .Dragon  Theme.  It was truly amazing.. We were so lucky to get in and have great seats!

On 7/31/2023 at 8:03 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

If in an IV and your neighbor sleeps with their IV window down, it turns off your stateroom's AC...Many don't believe this yet its been reported time and time again

Never heard about this happening? Did it happen to you?

8 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Never heard about this happening? Did it happen to you?

As you can imagine, this has been discussed in length ever since the Edge first sailed.  We sailed once in an IV, we were lucky and did not experience it