IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

IMG_0777.jpeg

Lisbon looks stunning, both cruises we have been on with Lisbon as a port of call, failed both times to go there, both times weather related issues were the cause.  I think I will add it to our city break list. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We love Lisbon and always find time for a coffee and Pastel de Nata around Rossio Square. Does anyone else find it strange and awkward walking across the wavy design of the square? It sends my eyes crazy.

Avril

Funnily enough, Avril, I looked at that photo of the wavy pattern and thought - when I last was on it some years ago, no problem, but now my balance is not as good I am sure I would not enjoy it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We love Lisbon and always find time for a coffee and Pastel de Nata around Rossio Square. Does anyone else find it strange and awkward walking across the wavy design of the square? It sends my eyes crazy.

Avril

I think it’s great! Can’t wait to go back one day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It was looking at the photos of it afterwards that made my eyes go funny 😊

• Like 1

Morning

We have another morning of glorious weather. Haven’t heard a forecast so far this morning but are making the most if it in case we get the rain that was forecast last night.

Our day is likely to be spent in the Retreat. Mr B might go to a Battle of Britain talk this afternoon but if the weather stays nice I’m staying put in my nice comfy seat with my kindle 😊

• Like 15

Evening.
I did indeed stay put 😊 Mr B went to the talk but said he could have done a better job and that the speaker didn’t get all of the aeroplane details correct 🙄

My day was spent reading in the Retreat and then reading on the balcony!

It was formal night and the dinner was very good. We went to Cinnamon around 6:20 and were seated at a table for two straight away. I didn’t photo the starter and soup as we were chatting to a lady, but I had the scallop & crab tian which was good, followed by chicken & sweetcorn chowder, again very nice. Then for main I had lobster & king prawn fuillette which was delicious, Mr B got twice the amount of lobster bisque than I had. Dessert was biscuit glace which tasted good but looked like it could fly away. If we hadn’t had people next to me I may have popped the raspberries in as eyes 🥴

A magician called Phil Hitchcock was performing in the theatre and he was very good, extremely clever.

We've now packed 1 case and will do the rest tomorrow. It’s been a great 2 weeks and I’d happily stay onboard for another fortnight.

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

• Like 23

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Evening.
I did indeed stay put 😊 Mr B went to the talk but said he could have done a better job and that the speaker didn’t get all of the aeroplane details correct 🙄

It was formal night and the dinner was very good. We went to Cinnamon around 6:20 and were seated at a table for two straight away. I didn’t photo the starter and soup as we were chatting to a lady, but I had the scallop & crab tian which was good, followed by chicken & sweetcorn chowder, again very nice. Then for main I had lobster & king prawn fuillette which was delicious, Mr B got twice the amount of lobster bisque than I had. Dessert was biscuit glace which tasted good but looked like it could fly away. If we hadn’t had people next to me I may have popped the raspberries in as eyes 🥴

A magician called Phil Hitchcock was performing in the theatre and he was very good, extremely clever.

We've now packed 1 case and will do the rest tomorrow. It’s been a great 2 weeks and I’d happily stay onboard for another fortnight.

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

Nice photos Sarah.

I think we all wish you were on for another 2 weeks as your reviews and photos have been very interesting and we will miss them.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Evening.

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

Great reviews. Convinced us to give Venturna a try.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, kalos said:

Would be happy to use the ship again , have to think twice which bar I'm in 

due to using her sister ship Azura ..One being the Red Bar and other the Blue Bar🙂

On yellowstone there is a pink baaar.🤠

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It has been lovely following you along on your holiday. Thank you for taking the time to write it. What am I going to read with my morning coffee now?

Michelle

Couldn't agree more!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Evening

We had a lie in today and went down to Saffron restaurant at 9:20 for our last leisurely breakfast of the holiday. 

We were given a table for two straight away. It’s a good job we wanted leisurely as the service was really slow and it was close to 10 by the time our food arrived. 

In the meantime we got chatting to the couple next to us, and while talking we discovered they live in Kent too, in the Medway Towns like us. The husband used to live in the same road as us, 12 houses away, he would have lived there for a few years while we were there. The lady that bought his house is the lady who does my nails and we know some of the same people. The wife works in one of local shops that I shop in often, I did think she looked familiar. What a small world it is!

After a good natter we went and packed another case and then went to the Retreat. We sat there for an hour or so but it was a bit drizzly so we decamped in the buffet for a cup of tea and a light lunch. 

We then went to the Havana Club for a virtual bridge tour talk by two of the ships officers. They said they haven’t got back to doing proper tours since covid and that this was the first virtual tour they had done in 6 months. It was very interesting, both informative and humorous. The Deputy Captain came down for it too.

I’d forgotten that the Captain had changed mid cruise and we now have Alan Hawkins.

After the virtual bridge tour we finished packing as much as we could and then relaxed.

Dinner was at the Beach House tonight. I had prawn starter, chicken sizzler plate and we shared a delicious chocolate fondue, the churros were particularly good, so good I dived in before photographing it all.

The Headliners theatre group did a show with songs from musicals, the three female vocalists had very good voices well suited to the songs they sang. We don’t particularly enjoy the Headliners shows where they act in between songs but this one was just singing and dancing.

Sadly we are all packed and ready to leave tomorrow morning.

We have absolutely loved this holiday and I will do a quick summary of our thoughts of various aspects either tomorrow or Sunday.

Only 286 days until our next cruise 😁

IMG_0877.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1