Improving the experience and making X money!

chemmo

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

This is a great idea.  I wouldn't even care if they charged a bit extra.  I bring so many toiletries and OTC meds and most of the time don't need any of them.  This would save a lot of space in our carryon.

Truth.  Maybe if we cruisers picked an empty location (WCB bar tables during the day come to mind) and opened our own "pharmacy hours" with the thousands of OTC meds we all bring on board, Celebrity would get the message.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Seem to remember back in ancient times (90's?) mast grill also served ribs, chicken and maybe steak.  Would love good, fresh barbecue.

They also had wings and onion rings,

7 hours ago, OysterD said:

Another vote for an escape room type thing. Tbh they could just leave one of the pointless shops as they are, lock me in and hide the key, and I guarantee I'd be out of there in record time. 

Something I'd also be interested in would be dinner with captain/senior crew maybe. However, I'd imagine that would sell out very quickly so how about having tickets for that raffled off instead. Might have to limit that to cruises longer than 7 days or something - can't expect the captain/senior crew to be doing that every 3 nights when they turn Reflection into a booze cruise short trip only ship next year. 

There used to be a vibrant  prgram of dinner: with Cap and Sr staff...by invitation only.. no upcharge reqiired.

you can usually run into officers at Cafe Al Baccio....willing to chat.

you can get Rx drugs at the medical ofc on board..  some not many otc remedies are available in the shops..try liquor store

On 8/7/2023 at 8:31 AM, TeeRick said:

Yeah but I was responding to the thread topic.

What about a free fare cruise and then paying for everything (cabin, any food/drink by item, pool/hot tub/sauna/lounge or any other facility by hour, show, band, any party, and a such) on the ship?  Then everyone would be happy, because a person would pay (and utilize) for ONLY what they actually need (like in a Liberty Mutual advertisement) and want to use.  So, if one is fine with sleeping near pool (on a Caribbean cruise, for example, they would pay for a number of sleeping hours in that area instead of "wasting" money on a cabin).

My comment is ironical (if not sarcastic) just to show how ridiculously this topic might grow; so, I hope no one will take it seriously.

Edited by kirtihk

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Only the Brits and even then I suspect we are now in the minority.

For our American friends try googling "The Navy Lark" although I am not sure that the humour (sorry humor) will translate too well 

But I forgive my American friends as you gave us the world's best ever TV Comedy - episodes available every morning on at least one TV channel when we visit Dallas.

Which one I hear you cry?

The one and only "Mr Ed".😂😀😊

Hello,

I don't know - I think they copied Brian Rix's  Whitehall Farces comedy and embodied them into their political system.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I would pay for this.

A shopping excursion with the executive chef to buy the ingredients for a meal just for us on the excursion to eat in an exclusive dining area.

Unless it's lobster.

Regards,

Cublet

1 minute ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't know - I think they copied Brian Rix's  Whitehall Farces comedy and embodied them into their political system.

Regards,

Cublet

Not something I would raise as I have a son who is now a US citizen, a daughter in law who is 100% American and a grandson who is 100% Texan. 

2 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I would pay for this.

A shopping excursion with the executive chef to buy the ingredients for a meal just for us on the excursion to eat in an exclusive dining area.

Unless it's lobster.

Regards,

Cublet

Other lines do that and I have a feeling X has as well on its smaller ships.

1 minute ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I would pay for this.

Unless it's lobster.

Regards,

Cublet

Actually I thought of that but then thought to myself hold on have I only thought of that because I've seen it somewhere... lo and behold it is an 'excursion' offered by X at least on our upcoming cruise. We didn't book it because it was sold out pretty early on. Its a good idea tho! 

Name of tour below....Screenshot_20230808_203614_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.d8e8c9af378d5fc9318929675e3a1bfe.jpg

I am findjng that many of the ideas raised here are already  offered in some form or other,   have  previously been tried and were ended..and many did not /do no involve paying extra. 

Just an observation

3 hours ago, Islander500 said:

I like your thinking!  It's a shame that such a beautiful venue is empty on sea days. 

….and such a shame that breakfast finishes so early when many of us could enjoy a lie in and then a breakfast/lunch in a nice setting. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

I am findjng that many of the ideas raised here are already  offered in some form or other,   have  previously been tried and were ended..and many did not /do no involve paying extra. 

Just an observation

Any new ideas of your own?

I started this thread, lightheartedly, to consider thinks that we payers may enjoy and that may give Celebrity a $ or $$…It is interesting that may are things that have previously been tried and discontinued. However, I think there are a few things that could be resurrected in a better way. A quality burger stand in the MDR (perhaps a full BBQ offering?) and Brunch on sea days in Blu both seem very doable with little additional outlay to X…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

How about a nominal fee for classes like-"how to use your phone or iPad" "watercolor for beginners" "how to knit (or crochet)" "using photoshop" "make a bracelet" "Tablescapes" 

I think lots of people would be interested in different classes, especially on longer cruises with lots of sea days. The cooking one seems an obvious with the number of chefs on board. I also think iPad/phone ones could be popular. You could even get a discount for the class if you bought your iPad on board!

32 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I think lots of people would be interested in different classes, especially on longer cruises with lots of sea days. The cooking one seems an obvious with the number of chefs on board. I also think iPad/phone ones could be popular. You could even get a discount for the class if you bought your iPad on board!

They use to have free iPad classes on a TA , free cooking classes and free art class 🙄

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They use to have free iPad classes on a TA , free cooking classes and free art class 🙄

The only free cooking classes I have seen were more of the ‘demo’ type. I have never tried either of the others. Did you? Were they any good?

I am new to cruising so maybe they already have a flower stand or shop onboard?  I know you can order flowers pre-cruise but can you select your own arrangement from a shop onboard?  Maybe housed within the new pharmacy.  😉

also, did I hear a rumor that bingo is back?  That’s something I would pay extra for as well. 

love the escape room idea! 

58 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Hubby took an iPhone photography class (no additional charge) on Azamara last year, and learned a few tricks from the ship's photographer, a delightful young man who was never pushy and always friendly. 

2 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Hubby took an iPhone photography class (no additional charge) on Azamara last year, and learned a few tricks from the ship's photographer, a delightful young man who was never pushy and always friendly. 

Photography classes and cruises definitely seem a good combination…Sea days learn something, port days put into practice what you have learned…

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chemmo said:

The only free cooking classes I have seen were more of the ‘demo’ type. I have never tried either of the others. Did you? Were they any good?

I only went iPad/iPhone classes back 2013 , my wife has enjoyed her cooking and art classes 

She had some piece famed and are hanging in the house 

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I only went iPad/iPhone classes back 2013 , my wife has enjoyed her cooking and art classes 

She had some piece famed and are hanging in the house 

Sounds like fun, especially on longer cruises.