Not Any More

cruisefam38

Room service charges, vaping,  butler service reduced in suites, no more t-shirts prizes for trivia, cookies for a fee plus gratuities.  Cuts here and there, fees encroaching and expanding.

Luxury  ?

Premium  ?

Indistinguishable  ?

IMG_4601.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, cruisefam38 said:

Room service charges, vaping,  butler service reduced in suites, no more t-shirts prizes for trivia, cookies for a fee plus gratuities.  Cuts here and there, fees encroaching and expanding.

Luxury  ?

Premium  ?

Indistinguishable  ?

IMG_4601.JPG

I WISH someone posted a pic of the MDR pilot menu's double cheeseburger.  The FB group was going (ahem) "nuts about" the double cheeseburger but no one posted a pic and X quietly removed it from the menu presumably due to all the fuss

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In X's defense, they correctly lower expectations by using the term "relaxed luxury"

image.png.d8a27f7abad5374f0a3f809918f12ec2.png

I now have an image of Hugh Hefner in his pajamas in my head. 

Just what I needed.

Not. 

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Should be “diminished luxury”

Which isn't as bad as humdrum luxury

With the current approach from Celebrity leadership, the lack of communication with it's customers, the odd choices, trying this and experimenting with that,  one gets a whiff of  ......

desperation luxury

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I WISH someone posted a pic of the MDR pilot menu's double cheeseburger.  The FB group was going (ahem) "nuts about" the double cheeseburger but no one posted a pic and X quietly removed it from the menu presumably due to all the fuss

There was a pic posted.  So they try something, not well received and they reversed, is that a bad thing?? To me if they didn’t reverse it would be bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You forgot the 20% gratuity 🤣

Not a gratuity, a service charge which goes to who knows where, my feeling it goes into the Celebrity corporation coffers.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Since people who are addicted to caffeine can't do without it, I predict a $3.00 charge for each cup of regular coffee in the future.

Well, I don't drink coffe, but I do drink cans of coke zero--so this actually sounds like a great idea!  Pay what I'm paying! :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

Well, I don't drink coffe, but I do drink cans of coke zero--so this actually sounds like a great idea!  Pay what I'm paying! 😄

Are you implying we  start with the base: Celebrity Zero. and everything is extra? (+20%) 🙃

• Haha 1

And I say....each poster seems to want to up the ante on the prior poster proving they're smarter, funnier, wittier, more irate and it goes downhill from there.  Doesn't seem possible to me that our cruising experience is ruined by a 'cookie charge' no one is forcing them to purchase,and projecting that to future cuts which will really diminish that experience to the point of no return.   BTW...I've read here in the not-so-recent past from some posters it's their "last cruise on X" .  They're still posting here and cruising with X.  Something must be going ok for them or is it chic to be disagreeable and part of the crowd.  I do have 'change' issues...like menu choice, quality of food, cruise cancellations. IMO these are worth registering with those who can do something about them (or not, then it's up to me to sail with them... or not).

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1