New Room Service Menu and Prices

cruzin4us

1 hour ago, dides said:

Just heard from some passengers who got off Island Princess that Princess won't be doing the pop-up Alfredo's pizzas at Sabatini's on sea days any longer to make space for paid-for Sabatini's lunches.

Can you confirm? I know the package changes have just kicked in on Island Princess in the last couple of days and that was the only casual dining offering that might have been impacted.

I took a trek down to the front desk to ask.   I was told because we ONLY have 3 sea days this cruise that they weren't going to have any lunches in Sabatini's.   He said normally they do.   I must have looked like a deer in the headlights when he said ONLY 3 SEA DAYS.   Crikey, how many sea days do they need?    I said "ok", then how are you compensating us that are expecting the 2 pop up lunches that replace Alfredos/Gigi's or Gastropub.    He didn't know how to answer my question (not good enough).   I said how about 1 dinner at a Specialty Restaurant (seems fair to me).   He is referring me to a "Higher Up" to get back to me......we'll see.

Apparently, I'm not the only person that has addressed this issue.   I'll keep you posted if/when I ever hear back from anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruzin4us said:

I took a trek down to the front desk to ask.   I was told because we ONLY have 3 sea days this cruise that they weren't going to have any lunches in Sabatini's.   He said normally they do.   I must have looked like a deer in the headlights when he said ONLY 3 SEA DAYS.   Crikey, how many sea days do they need?    I said "ok", then how are you compensating us that are expecting the 2 pop up lunches that replace Alfredos/Gigi's or Gastropub.    He didn't know how to answer my question (not good enough).   I said how about 1 dinner at a Specialty Restaurant (seems fair to me).   He is referring me to a "Higher Up" to get back to me......we'll see.

Apparently, I'm not the only person that has addressed this issue.   I'll keep you posted if/when I ever hear back from anyone.

Thank you for taking all this trouble. I agree 3 sea days is more than enough - will be interesting to see if they come back with anything! 

2 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Room Service Menu as of 8/25/23:

Appetizers:

Antipasto Assortito di Magro:  $4.99

Burrata Cheese & Tomato:  $4.99

Cheese Plate:  $4.99

Fruit Plate - Free

Hummus Dip & Veggies - $4.99

Italian Meats & Olive Platter - $4.99

Loaded Cheesy Fries - Free

Maki Calif Roll - $12

Maki Shrimp Roll - $12

Maki Spicy Tuna Roll - $12

Shrimp Cocktail - $12

Greens & Soup:

Ceasar Salad - Free

Chef Salad - Free

Chicken Egg Noodle Soup - Free

Greek Salad - Free

Mixed Green Salad - Free

3 Bean Chili - Free

Hot Food:

Burger - Free

Hot Dog - Free

Agnolotti Gratinati Alla Piemontese - $12

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Free

Spaghetti & Meatballs - $12

Steak Frites 8oz fillet - $19

Veggie Burger - Free

Kids:

Cheese Quesadilla - Free

Chicken Fingers - Free

Classic Grilled Cheese - Free

PB&J Sandwich - Free

Sandwiches:

Double Decker Club House - Free

PB&J - Free

Egg McMuffin - Free

Roast Turkey - Free

Tuna Salad - Free

Vegetarian - Free

Sides:

French Fries - Free

Sweets:

Chocolate Cake - Free

Jumbo Choco Chip Cookies - $4.99

Key Lime Pie Verrine - Free

Traditional NY Cheesecake - Free

Where's the pizza?  What ship did you get this from?

Doubt they have an Egg McMuffin listed.

Edited by startedwithamouse

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Room Service Menu as of 8/25/23:

Appetizers:

Antipasto Assortito di Magro:  $4.99

Burrata Cheese & Tomato:  $4.99

Cheese Plate:  $4.99

Fruit Plate - Free

Hummus Dip & Veggies - $4.99

Italian Meats & Olive Platter - $4.99

Loaded Cheesy Fries - Free

Maki Calif Roll - $12

Maki Shrimp Roll - $12

Maki Spicy Tuna Roll - $12

Shrimp Cocktail - $12

Greens & Soup:

Ceasar Salad - Free

Chef Salad - Free

Chicken Egg Noodle Soup - Free

Greek Salad - Free

Mixed Green Salad - Free

3 Bean Chili - Free

Hot Food:

Burger - Free

Hot Dog - Free

Agnolotti Gratinati Alla Piemontese - $12

Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Free

Spaghetti & Meatballs - $12

Steak Frites 8oz fillet - $19

Veggie Burger - Free

Kids:

Cheese Quesadilla - Free

Chicken Fingers - Free

Classic Grilled Cheese - Free

PB&J Sandwich - Free

Sandwiches:

Double Decker Club House - Free

PB&J - Free

Egg McMuffin - Free

Roast Turkey - Free

Tuna Salad - Free

Vegetarian - Free

Sides:

French Fries - Free

Sweets:

Chocolate Cake - Free

Jumbo Choco Chip Cookies - $4.99

Key Lime Pie Verrine - Free

Traditional NY Cheesecake - Free

Thank you for that!  I wonder if you are standard, pay $14.99 for ON and you want two glasses of ice water added to the order?  Did they include beverages like water to RS?  If you call to add anything, then I assume it’s a $5 charge.

We do not typically cruise on Princess. It has been several years, so trying to learn about some of the differences. Have booked a cruise in spring 2024.  If you cruise as Princess Standard, then anytime you order room service there will be a $14.99 fee plus if you order any pay item?  Pretty steep.  

3 minutes ago, denamo said:

We do not typically cruise on Princess. It has been several years, so trying to learn about some of the differences. Have booked a cruise in spring 2024.  If you cruise as Princess Standard, then anytime you order room service there will be a $14.99 fee plus if you order any pay item?  Pretty steep.  

No. If you order Room Service using the telephone in the room there is a fee of $5 each time. If you pay the one time fee of $14.95 you can order to your room using the App. The fee "activates" your Ocean Now feature - which is what they call having food or drinks delivered to wherever you are. They consider this different from "Room Service".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Thrak said:

No. If you order Room Service using the telephone in the room there is a fee of $5 each time. If you pay the one time fee of $14.95 you can order to your room using the App. The fee "activates" your Ocean Now feature - which is what they call having food or drinks delivered to wherever you are. They consider this different from "Room Service".

Thank you so much for the explanation. 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Everything Thrak said above is correct.  The additional fees for items such as pizza and cookies would be on top of the $14.95 (or the $5 if you call by phone).

For example you call by phone the price would be $5, plus $8.50 for pizza and $4.99 for a cookie.    If you paid the $14.95 for access to Ocean Now the price would be $8.50 for pizza and $4.99 for the cookie

• Thanks 1

My wife just kind of looks pathetic and says something like, "I wish I had some cookies..." and I go snag a plate of cookies from the buffet. No "room service" or "ocean now" involved.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

My wife just kind of looks pathetic and says something like, "I wish I had some cookies..." and I go snag a plate of cookies from the buffet. No "room service" or "ocean now" involved.

Guess the question is how long until the cookies are $$ no matter where you source them? 🤷‍♂️

How about the off the Main Dining Room menu for lunch delivered to your room while you’re in a full suite.Is that no more. I have not seen this posted. I realize it would probably be the $5 , but is that for per person.  You must call for this. It was never on the App.  So the piazza went up from $3 to $8.50 .  Wow & I thought the groceries went up. 
Please post if you know or can ask for me.   Thanks a bunch,    
Grace

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

How about the off the Main Dining Room menu for lunch delivered to your room while you’re in a full suite.Is that no more. I have not seen this posted. I realize it would probably be the $5 , but is that for per person.  You must call for this. It was never on the App.  So the piazza went up from $3 to $8.50 .  Wow & I thought the groceries went up. 
Please post if you know or can ask for me.   Thanks a bunch,    
Grace

The pizza is different - not just cheese anymore. 

23 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Chips and Guac were also removed from Royal along with the  Banana Pudding.

When I was in my Cruise Personalizer I looked under Onboard Services, then Food and Beverage Experiences. They have chips, quacamole, and salsa for $9. Maybe now you have to order in advance?

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

The pizza is different - not just cheese anymore. 

It wasn't just cheese pizza proper either 

It went to complimentary sometime around May or early June. And there was cheese, pepperoni, veggie and another option..

Now it's $8.50 - a major jump from even the $3 prior (and there were several options then also, not just cheese).

17 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It wasn't just cheese pizza proper either 

It went to complimentary sometime around May or early June. And there was cheese, pepperoni, veggie and another option..

Now it's $8.50 - a major jump from even the $3 prior (and there were several options then also, not just cheese).

It was no charge for a very short time,  while they were making changes.